Runboard.com
Слава Україні!
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4  5 

 
Gillans micstand Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 12425
Reply | Quote
Re: With ROTD...ROCK RULES!!!


quote:

MrSnip wrote:

quote:

Star City wrote:

Here we go again...

I like ROTD...Mr Snip doesn't....so what....



a)Well, we are all entitled to our opinions. And my opinion is, and has been ever since the release of Abandon, that DP today should retire, or play something where the singer can actually do something *not* cringeworthy.
quote:



by they way...

Soaring guitar solos...Junkyard Blues, TINS, Don't Let Go



b)Disagreed, except TINS (which is not an album release), is the *only* tune that comes close to what DP is about.
quote:



Hammond payer with feeling.... CQA has the best DP ammond solo in years....TINS and Before TIme Began are great 2.



c)Again, TINS, is quite fair done by DON, but the others??? CQA is one of the worst songs by DP, ever. I'll take LCA over it any day. But still, DON is not a Hammond player, he's a synth player, that has a hammond. But he does a fair job on all tunes, nothing exceptional, only fair.

d)We have different opinions about this joke, so be it. The weak link is and will remain The Rusty Nail. He's done and is dragging the name of DP into the sewer. Shame on him!




a)Thats evident, I've been reading it in one spin or another, for all to long now, and it only adds to the 'boredom' you equate it to, but continuing endlessly about it, doesn't do anything but spin your wheels, and the eyes of people reading it.
Now, what did you say about them playing what the singer can handle?
Since when have they played anything of that criteria, since Purpendicular?
In fact, it seems to be their entire approach now, instead of the guitarist, trying to singlehandedly, ruin a fine voice, by ramming the same old stuff into our ears, for a decade????
Blackmore is no idiot, in fact, he's a throat specialist, specializing in blister magnifying.emoticon

b)Another wildly hilarious statement... have you ever actually listened to the Gillan band????
All the endless complaints about how this is nothing but a Gillan band clone... and here they make the only song, that contains all those elements, and you say the opposite now emoticon emoticon emoticon
I really think you're losing your ability to keep repeating yourself, as that is not consistant with your prior statements... whats the deal??? emoticon
Try the song 'Breaking Chains' and you'll hear where 'TINS' was totally originated, believe that! emoticon

c)Clearly quite a fair judgement, I'll give you that, with all the due respect I can muster...

d)I guess this forum is the source for your daily laughter then... I'll remember that, but I wouldn't expect anyone to take you seriously from now on. emoticon

I'd say they hit the low point in their career, just before they came crawling back to Gillan, so if thats the case now, it certainly isn't his fault. emoticon

When you call on someone, that you once mistakingly dumped on, because it's the last chance you have, the general idea, is you need to be saved. emoticon

Just remember, when they need you for consulting, I'm sure they'll let you know, and then you can lay out the guitarists job description for them... since you think they don't know what the position should consist of... they owe you that much, don't they?... according to you, that seems to be the case.
27/3/2006, 6:51 Link to this post Send Email to Gillans micstand
 
Gillans micstand Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 12425
Reply | Quote
Re: With ROTD...ROCK RULES!!!


quote:

Aluco wrote:

quote:

Gillans micstand wrote:

I don't have the faintest idea.



yep. emoticon



Mighty fine word, for a complete coward, that can't even stand up for theirself.

Grow some guts...emoticon
27/3/2006, 7:14 Link to this post Send Email to Gillans micstand
 
mrsnip Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Mr. Black Hat

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 3352
Reply | Quote
Re: With ROTD...ROCK RULES!!!


quote:

Star City wrote:

It's hard to take someone seriously who thinks Love COnquers All is better than any song on ROTD. ;-)

It's hard to take someone serious, who thinks the opposite:-)
quote:


 There's only one song in the catalog that can rival the suckiness of LCA....Lick it Up off of TBRO...now that's something Gillan should be ashamed of....


Except for the the lack of COTS material in your list, I agree. Lick it up is awfull.
quote:



I Think ROTD is something Deep Purple should be proud of...but again it's a matter of opinion right....



Sure it's a matter of opinion, and believe it or not, I'm glad (for you) that you like it.
27/3/2006, 17:52 Link to this post Send Email to mrsnip   Send PM to mrsnip
 
mrsnip Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Mr. Black Hat

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 3352
Reply | Quote
Re: With ROTD...ROCK RULES!!!


quote:

KillerBananas wrote:
Totally agree with all your statements, Mr Snip! ROTD must be DP's worst record since S&M,

I believe you meant since Shades Of Deep Purple?
quote:


and it's certainly in lack of energy, inspiration, a proper production and proper songs! Funky popmusiccrap emoticon



I find it somehow hilarious, that all my friends in the D.P.-fan community can accept my opninion about this piece of crap (COTS), and we are still good friends (maybe because they can follow my reasoning, though they disagree with the conclusion?), and then whenever I think it's about time, that I inform this forum about the 'truth', there are certain person(s) that goes Bandanas.

Well, in the immortal words of JLT...Truth Hurts! And even LCA can be used here, if you get my drift.
27/3/2006, 17:57 Link to this post Send Email to mrsnip   Send PM to mrsnip
 
Aluco Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 07-2004
Posts: 55
Reply | Quote
Re: With ROTD...ROCK RULES!!!


quote:

Gillans micstand wrote:

quote:

MrSnip wrote:

quote:

Star City wrote:

Here we go again...

I like ROTD...Mr Snip doesn't....so what....



a)Well, we are all entitled to our opinions. And my opinion is, and has been ever since the release of Abandon, that DP today should retire, or play something where the singer can actually do something *not* cringeworthy.
quote:



by they way...

Soaring guitar solos...Junkyard Blues, TINS, Don't Let Go



b)Disagreed, except TINS (which is not an album release), is the *only* tune that comes close to what DP is about.
quote:



Hammond payer with feeling.... CQA has the best DP ammond solo in years....TINS and Before TIme Began are great 2.



c)Again, TINS, is quite fair done by DON, but the others??? CQA is one of the worst songs by DP, ever. I'll take LCA over it any day. But still, DON is not a Hammond player, he's a synth player, that has a hammond. But he does a fair job on all tunes, nothing exceptional, only fair.

d)We have different opinions about this joke, so be it. The weak link is and will remain The Rusty Nail. He's done and is dragging the name of DP into the sewer. Shame on him!




a)Thats evident, I've been reading it in one spin or another, for all to long now, and it only adds to the 'boredom' you equate it to, but continuing endlessly about it, doesn't do anything but spin your wheels, and the eyes of people reading it.
Now, what did you say about them playing what the singer can handle?
Since when have they played anything of that criteria, since Purpendicular?
In fact, it seems to be their entire approach now, instead of the guitarist, trying to singlehandedly, ruin a fine voice, by ramming the same old stuff into our ears, for a decade????
Blackmore is no idiot, in fact, he's a throat specialist, specializing in blister magnifying.emoticon

b)Another wildly hilarious statement... have you ever actually listened to the Gillan band????
All the endless complaints about how this is nothing but a Gillan band clone... and here they make the only song, that contains all those elements, and you say the opposite now emoticon emoticon emoticon
I really think you're losing your ability to keep repeating yourself, as that is not consistant with your prior statements... whats the deal??? emoticon
Try the song 'Breaking Chains' and you'll hear where 'TINS' was totally originated, believe that! emoticon

c)Clearly quite a fair judgement, I'll give you that, with all the due respect I can muster...

d)I guess this forum is the source for your daily laughter then... I'll remember that, but I wouldn't expect anyone to take you seriously from now on. emoticon

I'd say they hit the low point in their career, just before they came crawling back to Gillan, so if thats the case now, it certainly isn't his fault. emoticon

When you call on someone, that you once mistakingly dumped on, because it's the last chance you have, the general idea, is you need to be saved. emoticon

Just remember, when they need you for consulting, I'm sure they'll let you know, and then you can lay out the guitarists job description for them... since you think they don't know what the position should consist of... they owe you that much, don't they?... according to you, that seems to be the case.



ZZzzzzzzz emoticon

Last edited by Aluco, 27/3/2006, 18:08
27/3/2006, 18:07 Link to this post  
 
Gillans micstand Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 12425
Reply | Quote
Re: With ROTD...ROCK RULES!!!


quote:

MrSnip wrote:

quote:

KillerBananas wrote:
Totally agree with all your statements, Mr Snip! ROTD must be DP's worst record since S&M,

I believe you meant since Shades Of Deep Purple?
quote:


and it's certainly in lack of energy, inspiration, a proper production and proper songs! Funky popmusiccrap emoticon



I find it somehow hilarious, that all my friends in the D.P.-fan community can accept my opninion about this piece of crap (COTS), and we are still good friends (maybe because they can follow my reasoning, though they disagree with the conclusion?), and then whenever I think it's about time, that I inform this forum about the 'truth', there are certain person(s) that goes Bandanas.

Well, in the immortal words of JLT...Truth Hurts! And even LCA can be used here, if you get my drift.



That is nothing but a crock of sh1t, and you know it... nice try bozo.emoticon

Friends, you... that has to be nothing but a dream for you, since it's not your nature to have even the most remote desire to be fiends with anyone here, it goes against your purpose for being here, and that is your own admittion, so why try and convince one sole in here of such nonsense?

I get your 'drift' and it's suffocating me, the toxic fumes are enough to drop an elephant.
27/3/2006, 20:11 Link to this post Send Email to Gillans micstand
 
Gillans micstand Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 12425
Reply | Quote
Re: With ROTD...ROCK RULES!!!


quote:

Aluco wrote:

quote:

Gillans micstand wrote:

quote:

MrSnip wrote:

quote:

Star City wrote:

Here we go again...

I like ROTD...Mr Snip doesn't....so what....



a)Well, we are all entitled to our opinions. And my opinion is, and has been ever since the release of Abandon, that DP today should retire, or play something where the singer can actually do something *not* cringeworthy.
quote:



by they way...

Soaring guitar solos...Junkyard Blues, TINS, Don't Let Go



b)Disagreed, except TINS (which is not an album release), is the *only* tune that comes close to what DP is about.
quote:



Hammond payer with feeling.... CQA has the best DP ammond solo in years....TINS and Before TIme Began are great 2.



c)Again, TINS, is quite fair done by DON, but the others??? CQA is one of the worst songs by DP, ever. I'll take LCA over it any day. But still, DON is not a Hammond player, he's a synth player, that has a hammond. But he does a fair job on all tunes, nothing exceptional, only fair.

d)We have different opinions about this joke, so be it. The weak link is and will remain The Rusty Nail. He's done and is dragging the name of DP into the sewer. Shame on him!




a)Thats evident, I've been reading it in one spin or another, for all to long now, and it only adds to the 'boredom' you equate it to, but continuing endlessly about it, doesn't do anything but spin your wheels, and the eyes of people reading it.
Now, what did you say about them playing what the singer can handle?
Since when have they played anything of that criteria, since Purpendicular?
In fact, it seems to be their entire approach now, instead of the guitarist, trying to singlehandedly, ruin a fine voice, by ramming the same old stuff into our ears, for a decade????
Blackmore is no idiot, in fact, he's a throat specialist, specializing in blister magnifying.emoticon

b)Another wildly hilarious statement... have you ever actually listened to the Gillan band????
All the endless complaints about how this is nothing but a Gillan band clone... and here they make the only song, that contains all those elements, and you say the opposite now emoticon emoticon emoticon
I really think you're losing your ability to keep repeating yourself, as that is not consistant with your prior statements... whats the deal??? emoticon
Try the song 'Breaking Chains' and you'll hear where 'TINS' was totally originated, believe that! emoticon

c)Clearly quite a fair judgement, I'll give you that, with all the due respect I can muster...

d)I guess this forum is the source for your daily laughter then... I'll remember that, but I wouldn't expect anyone to take you seriously from now on. emoticon

I'd say they hit the low point in their career, just before they came crawling back to Gillan, so if thats the case now, it certainly isn't his fault. emoticon

When you call on someone, that you once mistakingly dumped on, because it's the last chance you have, the general idea, is you need to be saved. emoticon

Just remember, when they need you for consulting, I'm sure they'll let you know, and then you can lay out the guitarists job description for them... since you think they don't know what the position should consist of... they owe you that much, don't they?... according to you, that seems to be the case.



ZZzzzzzzz emoticon



Sweet dreams... clown!

27/3/2006, 20:12 Link to this post Send Email to Gillans micstand
 
Randys Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 3742
Reply | Quote
Re: With ROTD...ROCK RULES!!!


quote:

KillerBananas wrote:

Well, I agree that they are making POP ROCK today instead of HARD ROCK!



It's the effect of old age, it's okay, but the guitarist has also something to do with that. emoticon emoticon
28/3/2006, 13:49 Link to this post Send Email to Randys   Send PM to Randys
 
mrsnip Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Mr. Black Hat

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 3352
Reply | Quote
Re: With ROTD...ROCK RULES!!!


quote:

Randys wrote:

quote:

KillerBananas wrote:

Well, I agree that they are making POP ROCK today instead of HARD ROCK!



It's the effect of old age, it's okay, but the guitarist has also something to do with that. emoticon emoticon



Indeed. He's playing Machine Head every night, added with a few new songs, and has long lost interrest in DP, except for the pay check. He knows, DP will end within a reasonable time, and then, he doesn't have to play music that he doesn't like. But can finally concentrate on making his fusion with the Dixie Chicks and S&M Band.

It's a good plan, and I wish him the best of luck. Either, he'll pull it off or he won't. There's no doubt he's a good player, just not a good Rock player.

Unlike Jazz and fusion, rock is not supposed to be boring twiddly twid, it's supposed to grab your balls, and make you wanna scream. It's supposed to make your parents try to forbid you to listen to them, it's supposed to get Jazz musicians to scream out of hatred. It's supposed to be good. Vibrating and down to earth. It's supposed to make women want to stay away, but bitches are welcome.

The saddest day in the history of DP, was when they decided to reunite in 1984. They should have let the legend live, now it's dead. It's nice to have a clear hindsightemoticon.

Granted, DP came close in 1993 (If Gillan just hadn't ruined his voice, oh one can dream forever.)

And granted, the Concerto tour in 2000, was marvellous. But that was for the Orchestra thing, that they pulled of well, but it didn't reach the 1969 premeire, not one bit. That Blackmore solo..............it's simply worth the whole DVD. Can't say that, of any single SM solo ever. And can't say that about one single Blackmore solo since 1979.
28/3/2006, 17:55 Link to this post Send Email to mrsnip   Send PM to mrsnip
 
snakehead Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1503
Reply | Quote
Re: With ROTD...ROCK RULES!!!


quote:

Gillans micstand wrote:

Friends, you... that has to be nothing but a dream for you, since it's not your nature to have even the most remote desire to be fiends with anyone here, it goes against your purpose for being here, and that is your own admittion, so why try and convince one sole in here of such nonsense?



Here is one...



---
"I don't believe it. I finally forgot the words" - Ian Gillan
28/3/2006, 17:56 Link to this post Send Email to snakehead   Send PM to snakehead
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5 





You are not logged in (login)