Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2 

 
mikesmfc Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 1310
Reply | Quote
Clearly Quite Absurd (new version)


I wonder what the new version is like. Anyone heard anything about it?

---
You got the wrong man
You don't understand
You got the wrong man
You got the wrong man
I do what I can


http://mikesmfc.tripod.com/
5/2/2006, 19:44 Link to this post Send Email to mikesmfc   Send PM to mikesmfc
 
snakehead Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1500
Reply | Quote
Re: Clearly Quite Absurd (new version)


They recorded a shorter one for a German TV show some weeks ago. The broadcast of this show was initially planned for yesterday, but is delayed til end of March...

---
"I don't believe it. I finally forgot the words" - Ian Gillan
5/2/2006, 21:19 Link to this post Send Email to snakehead   Send PM to snakehead
 
mikesmfc Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 1310
Reply | Quote
Re: Clearly Quite Absurd (new version)


quote:

snakehead wrote:

They recorded a shorter one for a German TV show some weeks ago. The broadcast of this show was initially planned for yesterday, but is delayed til end of March...



Thanks for the info snakehead emoticon

---
You got the wrong man
You don't understand
You got the wrong man
You got the wrong man
I do what I can


http://mikesmfc.tripod.com/
5/2/2006, 22:14 Link to this post Send Email to mikesmfc   Send PM to mikesmfc
 
Eirik Solum Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2004
Posts: 2477
Reply | Quote
Re: Clearly Quite Absurd (new version)


quote:

snakehead wrote:

They recorded a shorter one for a German TV show some weeks ago. The broadcast of this show was initially planned for yesterday, but is delayed til end of March...



I hope it's not just a shortend radio version! I was looking foreward to a remix with some different overdubs or something... Or a different take of the song. Not a radio edit! Who needs that if you've got the album version?

Anyway, the tour edition of Rapture looks like a decent release, with the 2 cd thing and the live tracks.

Last edited by Eirik Solum, 7/2/2006, 15:19
7/2/2006, 15:18 Link to this post Send Email to Eirik Solum   Send PM to Eirik Solum
 
Purple Princess Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 80
Reply | Quote
Re: Clearly Quite Absurd (new version)


How about a heavy version?! Would that continue with the reflective or contrasting view, the same as with the backwards "e" we have talked about?!

"After all we said today, the strangest thought occured, EEEEEEEAAAAAAOOOUWWWWW!! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!"

---
Life's not a wheel, with chains made of steel, so bless me.
12/2/2006, 20:24 Link to this post Send Email to Purple Princess   Send PM to Purple Princess
 
fatheadlarry Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 02-2006
Posts: 12
Reply | Quote
Re: Clearly Quite Absurd (new version)


quote:

Purple Princess wrote:

How about a heavy version?! Would that continue with the reflective or contrasting view, the same as with the backwards "e" we have talked about?!

"After all we said today, the strangest thought occured, EEEEEEEAAAAAAOOOUWWWWW!! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!"



hahaha!
I feel I ought to tell you
But it's clearly quite absurd
Wouldn't it be wonderful
If EVERYTHING WAS LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE! EEEEEEAAAAAOWWW!

---
every day of my life i discover
someone murdering my sisters and brothers
in the name of some god or another.
12/2/2006, 21:35 Link to this post Send Email to fatheadlarry   Send PM to fatheadlarry
 
KillerBananas Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 5439
Reply | Quote
Re: Clearly Quite Absurd (new version)


quote:

fatheadlarry wrote:

quote:

Purple Princess wrote:

How about a heavy version?! Would that continue with the reflective or contrasting view, the same as with the backwards "e" we have talked about?!

"After all we said today, the strangest thought occured, EEEEEEEAAAAAAOOOUWWWWW!! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!"



hahaha!
I feel I ought to tell you
But it's clearly quite absurd
Wouldn't it be wonderful
If EVERYTHING WAS LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE! EEEEEEAAAAAOWWW! (cough cough...)



12/2/2006, 22:54 Link to this post Send Email to KillerBananas   Send PM to KillerBananas
 
Christos Gatzidis Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2517
Reply | Quote
Re: Clearly Quite Absurd (new version)


Well it's an edit of the original album version. And also slightly more enhanced orchestra-wise and leaning more towards the acoustic/unplugged form as far as the band is concenced. Nothing special, the original is much better.

Having said that tho', the Rapture Tour edition CD is worth having just for that bloody Things I Never Said track... It's fecking fantastic!!! Easily the best track I've heard from them since Purpendicular, especially the organ solo is classic Purple! emoticon God knows why they left it off the Euro version of the album.
19/2/2006, 22:46 Link to this post Send Email to Christos Gatzidis   Send PM to Christos Gatzidis
 
fatheadlarry Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 02-2006
Posts: 12
Reply | Quote
Re: Clearly Quite Absurd (new version)


quote:

Christos Gatzidis wrote:

Well it's an edit of the original album version. And also slightly more enhanced orchestra-wise and leaning more towards the acoustic/unplugged form as far as the band is concenced. Nothing special, the original is much better.

Having said that tho', the Rapture Tour edition CD is worth having just for that bloody Things I Never Said track... It's fecking fantastic!!! Easily the best track I've heard from them since Purpendicular, especially the organ solo is classic Purple! emoticon God knows why they left it off the Euro version of the album.



The intro to TINS really does remind me of the Mark I numbers. It's a great song.

---
every day of my life i discover
someone murdering my sisters and brothers
in the name of some god or another.
21/2/2006, 17:15 Link to this post Send Email to fatheadlarry   Send PM to fatheadlarry
 
Gillans micstand Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 12425
Reply | Quote
Re: Clearly Quite Absurd (new version)


The last I heard from Michael Bradford... he told me in an email, that the alternate versions of Never A Word, Walk On, and Doing It Tonight, were in the hands of the record company, for intended release, they will do with them, what they will, when they will...

Nothing ever came of these tracks, and unless he lied to me, they still exist somewhere...
22/2/2006, 7:35 Link to this post Send Email to Gillans micstand
 


Reply

Page:  1  2 





You are not logged in (login)