Runboard.com
Слава Україні!
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3 

 
Gillans micstand Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 12425
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


Clearly an 'after obtaining Bradford statement' no doubt in my mind, and if so, sounds like him taking credit, for something you think was a bad idea... emoticon emoticon

That must really hurt... rack up one for the Gillan/Morse band. emoticon
2/3/2006, 8:02 Link to this post Send Email to Gillans micstand
 
Purple Avenger Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info



Registered: 02-2004
Posts: 127
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


quote:

Why don't you give us some proof of this????



An excellent question...

quote:

Gillan said in an interview a long time ago that he wanted to bring in an outside producer to bring out the best in them, and give them some new ideas. Clearly, Bradford wasn't a good choice!



So Killerbananas' objective "proof" of his contention (that the band, in paticular R.G., don't like Bradford's production) turns out to be nothing more than a subjective opinion.

Why am I not surprised...

5/3/2006, 14:12 Link to this post Send Email to Purple Avenger   Send PM to Purple Avenger
 
Star City Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 11-2005
Posts: 729
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


While I don't much like the mix on ROTD, if anyone in the band really had a problem with Bradford...they wouldn't have brought him back for a 2nd album...they wouldn't have had him fill in for Steve...

I just don't get this one....
7/3/2006, 2:08 Link to this post Send Email to Star City   Send PM to Star City
 
KillerBananas Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 5439
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


quote:

Star City wrote:

While I don't much like the mix on ROTD, if anyone in the band really had a problem with Bradford...they wouldn't have brought him back for a 2nd album...they wouldn't have had him fill in for Steve...

I just don't get this one....



Anyone can fill in for Steve when doing playback promotion for TV shows!


8/3/2006, 23:41 Link to this post Send Email to KillerBananas   Send PM to KillerBananas
 
Gillans micstand Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 12425
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


quote:

KillerBananas wrote:

quote:

Star City wrote:

While I don't much like the mix on ROTD, if anyone in the band really had a problem with Bradford...they wouldn't have brought him back for a 2nd album...they wouldn't have had him fill in for Steve...

I just don't get this one....



Anyone can fill in for Steve when doing playback promotion for TV shows!





Anyone???

That was a case of who you know, not what you know... I suppose they'll contact you next, only to be turned down, stating "no country/disco/funk combo here" as your excuse...emoticon

I can't remember when Purple defined white music funk... was it 74 or 75?
(gross)

Perhaps now it's defined as black and white music funk.emoticon

Hey, a new innovation of theirs... who knew?
Atleast it's respective of that genre, unlike before...
(supposing you can absorb that)
9/3/2006, 0:01 Link to this post Send Email to Gillans micstand
 
KillerBananas Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 5439
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


quote:

Gillans micstand wrote:

quote:

KillerBananas wrote:

quote:

Star City wrote:

While I don't much like the mix on ROTD, if anyone in the band really had a problem with Bradford...they wouldn't have brought him back for a 2nd album...they wouldn't have had him fill in for Steve...

I just don't get this one....



Anyone can fill in for Steve when doing playback promotion for TV shows!





Anyone???

That was a case of who you know, not what you know... I suppose they'll contact you next, only to be turned down, stating "no country/disco/funk combo here" as your excuse...emoticon

First of all, GM, I made a joke...

Btw, they DID call me, I DID turn them down, and yes, I used exactly that excuse, and in the same breath I told them to call Blackmore and Lord. They said that they had tried to call both of them, but they used the same excuse as I did.

(That was another joke...)

9/3/2006, 18:31 Link to this post Send Email to KillerBananas   Send PM to KillerBananas
 
Star City Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 11-2005
Posts: 729
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


GM is a lil touchy these days...

Although they could have picked a number of their friends to fill in they did pic Bradford...which telss me they are still on good terms....

14/3/2006, 3:33 Link to this post Send Email to Star City   Send PM to Star City
 
Durple Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1286
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


quote:

KillerBananas wrote:

Anyone can fill in for Steve when doing playback promotion for TV shows!





Absolutely right, but on German TV they played live with Michael Bradford...

14/3/2006, 10:12 Link to this post Send Email to Durple   Send PM to Durple
 
Gillans micstand Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 12425
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


quote:

Star City wrote:

GM is a lil touchy these days...

Although they could have picked a number of their friends to fill in they did pic Bradford...which telss me they are still on good terms....




Funnily enough, I don't see you and KB as great bedfellows... "touchy?" the least the two of you could do, is spot my smilies... ya know, the ones I use to indicate when I'm serious, and when I'm joking... unlike KB, in this particular case, so if anyone appears to be joking, I'd say it's me, for indicating it... "hows that for "touchy?"
emoticon
14/3/2006, 19:00 Link to this post Send Email to Gillans micstand
 
Star City Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 11-2005
Posts: 729
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


I'm touched.... emoticon
15/3/2006, 4:02 Link to this post Send Email to Star City   Send PM to Star City
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 





You are not logged in (login)