Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3 

 
Ormandy Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 12-2003
Posts: 1541
Reply | Quote
Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


Has anybody heard what Glover's thoughts are about the ROTD album? Production and/or performance wise.

I noticed on the "Rapture" video that Roger didn't seem to be around when Michael Bradford was showing the other four guys a playback. It makes me wonder if Glover just can't handle Bradford's production. emoticon

Last edited by Ormandy, 24/1/2006, 23:21
24/1/2006, 23:15 Link to this post Send Email to Ormandy   Send PM to Ormandy
 
Aredel Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 06-2005
Posts: 124
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


I wouldn't be surprised emoticon I can't handle Bradford's production! emoticon
25/1/2006, 18:38 Link to this post Send Email to Aredel   Send PM to Aredel
 
Purple Avenger Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info



Registered: 02-2004
Posts: 127
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


Yeah, Roger must not like the way Bradford produced ROTD because...

...of a persons interpretation of a video clip???

Come on...

26/1/2006, 17:32 Link to this post Send Email to Purple Avenger   Send PM to Purple Avenger
 
Star City Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 11-2005
Posts: 729
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


Everybody in the band seems bappy with Bradford. He subbed in on guitar. They recorded the CD at his house....I'd imagine they have a good working relationship or they wouldn't have come back for seconds.
27/1/2006, 4:08 Link to this post Send Email to Star City   Send PM to Star City
 
KillerBananas Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 5439
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


The only reason that Bradford is producing is because of Gillan's wishes/ demands. He wanted someone outside of the band to come in with ideas and suggestions, and look what that gave us: The two worst produced albums in Purple's history, with some of the weakest songs they have ever made.

Talk about great ideas and suggestions....

Considering Glover's own productionwork over the years, I don't think he likes Bradfords production at all.
12/2/2006, 22:52 Link to this post Send Email to KillerBananas   Send PM to KillerBananas
 
DeepOz Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 10-2005
Posts: 422
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


I'm gonna change my name to someone with the initials of MB, Martin Birch, Michael Bradford, let's see, Murray Bridge.
13/2/2006, 7:21 Link to this post Send Email to DeepOz   Send PM to DeepOz
 
Space Trucker Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 886
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


quote:

DeepOz wrote:

I'm gonna change my name to someone with the initials of MB, Martin Birch, Michael Bradford, let's see, Murray Bridge.



I'm about to hijack a thread...

Just at the mention of Muarry Bridge have you ever been there? I've been up to the river (at Muarry Bridge) for a holiday a few times and appart from going for a spin in my uncle's boat, my fondest memory of the place was bowling a 195 game at the bowling alley.

Mount Gambier (and the South East) was alright, but I just don't seem to dig smaller country towns.
13/2/2006, 11:12 Link to this post Send Email to Space Trucker   Send PM to Space Trucker
 
Fireball II Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 01-2006
Posts: 62
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


quote:

DeepOz wrote:

I'm gonna change my name to someone with the initials of MB, Martin Birch, Michael Bradford, let's see, Murray Bridge.




It's even creepier when you consider that Roger Glover's real name is Matthew Bennington!
14/2/2006, 1:23 Link to this post Send Email to Fireball II   Send PM to Fireball II
 
Gillans micstand Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 12425
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


quote:

KillerBananas wrote:

The only reason that Bradford is producing is because of Gillan's wishes/ demands. He wanted someone outside of the band to come in with ideas and suggestions, and look what that gave us: The two worst produced albums in Purple's history, with some of the weakest songs they have ever made.

Talk about great ideas and suggestions....

Considering Glover's own productionwork over the years, I don't think he likes Bradfords production at all.




Why don't you give us some proof of this????

How on earth can you fabricate such a load of nonsense???

Start by telling us, where on earth you heard (read) every word of this...please, as you're making comments that have no documented existance, and that is one cold hard fact for you.

The only thing I'm going to elaborate on is the "Gillan wishes demands" comment... you really have something to back this?????

Where were you, when they decided to get an outside producer, and tell us how you come to know this to be the case???

Speculation isn't a crime, and admission of it is honorable.emoticon


I probably should've just laughed this one off, but I'd like to see how such an uneducated guess, can turn itself around.emoticon
22/2/2006, 7:48 Link to this post Send Email to Gillans micstand
 
KillerBananas Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 5439
Reply | Quote
Re: Glover's thoughts on ROTD CD?


quote:

Gillans micstand wrote:

quote:

KillerBananas wrote:

The only reason that Bradford is producing is because of Gillan's wishes/ demands. He wanted someone outside of the band to come in with ideas and suggestions, and look what that gave us: The two worst produced albums in Purple's history, with some of the weakest songs they have ever made.

Talk about great ideas and suggestions....

Considering Glover's own productionwork over the years, I don't think he likes Bradfords production at all.




Why don't you give us some proof of this????

How on earth can you fabricate such a load of nonsense???

Start by telling us, where on earth you heard (read) every word of this...please, as you're making comments that have no documented existance, and that is one cold hard fact for you.

The only thing I'm going to elaborate on is the "Gillan wishes demands" comment... you really have something to back this?????

Where were you, when they decided to get an outside producer, and tell us how you come to know this to be the case???

Speculation isn't a crime, and admission of it is honorable.emoticon


I probably should've just laughed this one off, but I'd like to see how such an uneducated guess, can turn itself around.emoticon



Gillan said in an interview a long time ago that he wanted to bring in an outside producer to bring out the best in them, and give them some new ideas. Clearly, Bradford wasn't a good choice!

1/3/2006, 22:22 Link to this post Send Email to KillerBananas   Send PM to KillerBananas
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 





You are not logged in (login)