Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2 

 
ByTor Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 01-2004
Posts: 361
Reply | Quote
JLT/Schenker/Sheehan Super Group


Just saw this mentioned on the Rainbow Fanclan Site. This quote is Michael Schenker discussing his future plans....

"To go to Japan the 28th to work with a Japanese Artist then fly back to the States to LA for an "All Star Band" recording. What I know so far is that the rythym section will be Mr. Big's bass player Billy Sheehan and Simon Philips (Jeff Beck, Toto, The Who, MSG and many others) on drums.Vocals so far, involve: Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow) and Tommy Shaw (Styx). I'll be playing Lead Guitar only on all songs."


Sounds interesting.
24/11/2004, 19:24 Link to this post  
 
REAL JOHNMCCOY Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 06-2004
Posts: 522
Reply | Quote
Re: JLT/Schenker/Sheehan Super Group


quote:

ByTor wrote:

Just saw this mentioned on the Rainbow Fanclan Site. This quote is Michael Schenker discussing his future plans....

"To go to Japan the 28th to work with a Japanese Artist then fly back to the States to LA for an "All Star Band" recording. What I know so far is that the rythym section will be Mr. Big's bass player Billy Sheehan and Simon Philips (Jeff Beck, Toto, The Who, MSG and many others) on drums.Vocals so far, involve: Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow) and Tommy Shaw (Styx). I'll be playing Lead Guitar only on all songs."


Sounds interesting.





OMG!
 emoticon emoticon emoticon That's the !@#$ best news I heard in a long time! Only - what the !@#$ is Tommy !@#$ Shaw doing in my !@#$ dream band for !@#$'s sake!? Send the !@#$ to the !@#$ boat on the !@#$ river! I want Turner on all the !@#$ record!




Last edited by REAL JOHNMCCOY, 25/11/2004, 22:54
25/11/2004, 22:51 Link to this post Send Email to REAL JOHNMCCOY   Send PM to REAL JOHNMCCOY
 
ByTor Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 01-2004
Posts: 361
Reply | Quote
Re: JLT/Schenker/Sheehan Super Group


Thought you might.... emoticon

This one interests me much more than Living Loud.
25/11/2004, 23:07 Link to this post  
 
Diostillrocks Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1841
Reply | Quote
Re: JLT/Schenker/Sheehan Super Group


Hope this lasts a little while.

From what I heard Schenker makes Blackmore look like a peach to work for.
27/11/2004, 20:08 Link to this post Send Email to Diostillrocks   Send PM to Diostillrocks
 
REAL JOHNMCCOY Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 06-2004
Posts: 522
Reply | Quote
Re: JLT/Schenker/Sheehan Super Group


quote:

Diostillrocks wrote:

Hope this lasts a little while.

From what I heard Schenker makes Blackmore look like a peach to work for.



Yes, and given a fact that Michael is in a terrible life crisis for the last few years we can only hope and pray...
27/11/2004, 20:52 Link to this post Send Email to REAL JOHNMCCOY   Send PM to REAL JOHNMCCOY
 
LazyTrain Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 10-2004
Posts: 32
Reply | Quote
Re: JLT/Schenker/Sheehan Super Group


This sounds like a side project and we'll see how many tracks that Joe actually does. First I've heard of it though. Could be interesting, all great players involved.

My 2 Cents,

Frank
28/11/2004, 4:49 Link to this post Send Email to LazyTrain   Send PM to LazyTrain
 
Christos Gatzidis Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2517
Reply | Quote
Re: JLT/Schenker/Sheehan Super Group


quote:

REAL JOHNMCCOY wrote:

quote:

Diostillrocks wrote:

Hope this lasts a little while.

From what I heard Schenker makes Blackmore look like a peach to work for.



Yes, and given a fact that Michael is in a terrible life crisis for the last few years we can only hope and pray...



He seems a little bit more together the last year or so... Still you never do know. I am quite looking forward to the new MSG 25th anniversary album with Bonnet, Barden, Sundin and co participating, it sounds very promising if it does come off.

9/12/2004, 14:35 Link to this post Send Email to Christos Gatzidis   Send PM to Christos Gatzidis
 
LazyTrain Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 10-2004
Posts: 32
Reply | Quote
Re: JLT/Schenker/Sheehan Super Group


Sounds like this MSG record is the one with all guest vocalists including Shaw, JLT & the ones mentioned above. That's my bet for the supposed project w/ JLT.
14/12/2004, 7:48 Link to this post Send Email to LazyTrain   Send PM to LazyTrain
 
REAL JOHNMCCOY Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 06-2004
Posts: 522
Reply | Quote
Re: JLT/Schenker/Sheehan Super Group


quote:

LazyTrain wrote:

Sounds like this MSG record is the one with all guest vocalists including Shaw, JLT & the ones mentioned above. That's my bet for the supposed project w/ JLT.



Bonnet and Turner on one album? How cool is THAT! emoticon


P.S. Gary Barden's presence doesn't hurt either! emoticon
14/12/2004, 9:03 Link to this post Send Email to REAL JOHNMCCOY   Send PM to REAL JOHNMCCOY
 
fdr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 08-2011
Posts: 1745
Reply | Quote
Re: JLT/Schenker/Sheehan Super Group


Upping this topic after 15 years,
just to say: isn't it actually kind of weird that Turner never joined MSG? Was he ever asked? I'd say that maybe it's just beacause of bad timing: in the 90's, when Schenker badly needed a name vocalist, Joe was in DP, then the UFO reunion happened, then Michael went a little burned out.
I think they could have made some interesting music together.
14/6/2018, 10:36 Link to this post Send Email to fdr   Send PM to fdr Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2 





You are not logged in (login)