Runboard.com
Слава Україні!
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2 

 
Beese Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info



Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2365
Reply | Quote
I Can't Believe It!


I have only this minute found out about M3! To be fair I have only been a Whitesnake fan for about 6 months (God knows how I lives 17 1/2 years without them!). I found out about Company of Snakes last night on AMG and got their studio record today and went on the website that led me to the M3 site.

I can't believe I've missed out on it! Tony Martin too, I'm quite a fan of his and I wondered what he was up to!

Can anyone tell me if they have any official releases or what their setlists comprise of? Cheers!
12/11/2003, 16:31 Link to this post Send Email to Beese   Send PM to Beese
 
mcpurple Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 788
Reply | Quote
Re: I Can't Believe It!


they are going to have a new live album out, that according to the email i have just got, you can pre order, at any of the shows next week.
12/11/2003, 16:53 Link to this post Send Email to mcpurple   Send PM to mcpurple
 
Christos Gatzidis Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2517
Reply | Quote
Re: I Can't Believe It!


Here goes; first of all we have The Snakes which is Moody and Marsden and three Norwegian blokes (no Neil Murray) including the mind-blowing Jorn Lande. They released two albums Once Bitten... and Live In Europe (the first new songs only, the second Whitesnake material... live). Both were Japanese only releases.

Moody and Marsden knocked this on the head to form a new Whitesnake tribute band called Company Of Snakes that had a number of singers culminating in Stefan Berrgren (who also sings in the fantastic Snakes In Paradise, bear with me here emoticon). This lineup, along with Neil Murray and Don Airey, recorded two albums; one live one (double CD by the way) and one subsequent studio one, Burst The Bubble. Burst The Bubble features (mostly) rerecordings of Once Bitten... with Berrgren's voice.

Which brings up to date; Moody, Marsden and Murray basically renamed COS to M3 and hired Tony Martin as the singer. They have already done a bunch of dates and are shortly releasing a new live album (another one!!!) with old Whitesnake material which to their credit will feature some classic, never-played-before songs such as Lonely Days, Lonely Nights (a particular favourite of mine).

Now... If you can tell me how many times I have used the word 'snake' in this post you'll be winning one of those snazzy Coverdale thongs! emoticon
12/11/2003, 22:11 Link to this post Send Email to Christos Gatzidis   Send PM to Christos Gatzidis
 
Beese Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info



Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2365
Reply | Quote
Re: I Can't Believe It!


quote:

Christos Gatzidis wrote:

Here goes; first of all we have The Snakes which is Moody and Marsden and three Norwegian blokes (no Neil Murray) including the mind-blowing Jorn Lande. They released two albums Once Bitten... and Live In Europe (the first new songs only, the second Whitesnake material... live). Both were Japanese only releases.

Moody and Marsden knocked this on the head to form a new Whitesnake tribute band called Company Of Snakes that had a number of singers culminating in Stefan Berrgren (who also sings in the fantastic Snakes In Paradise, bear with me here emoticon). This lineup, along with Neil Murray and Don Airey, recorded two albums; one live one (double CD by the way) and one subsequent studio one, Burst The Bubble. Burst The Bubble features (mostly) rerecordings of Once Bitten... with Berrgren's voice.

Which brings up to date; Moody, Marsden and Murray basically renamed COS to M3 and hired Tony Martin as the singer. They have already done a bunch of dates and are shortly releasing a new live album (another one!!!) with old Whitesnake material which to their credit will feature some classic, never-played-before songs such as Lonely Days, Lonely Nights (a particular favourite of mine).

Now... If you can tell me how many times I have used the word 'snake' in this post you'll be winning one of those snazzy Coverdale thongs! emoticon




Thanx very much man! That was very helpful. I've got Burst the Bubble, haven't listened to it all yet but I really liked what I've heard! I'm trying to track down Here They Go Again, which I have just need to order it now.

I counted 7 'snakes' in that post! Where do I pick up my thong??
14/11/2003, 2:44 Link to this post Send Email to Beese   Send PM to Beese
 
Tex Willer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 144
Reply | Quote
Re: I Can't Believe It!


Don't forget the Moody Marsden Band which made a live album called 'Never Turn Our Back On the Blues' early 90's before the Snakes band.

Bernie & Micky shared the vocal duties, Zac Starkey played the drums. I can't remember the bass player but it wasn't Neil Murray (he was in Sabbath then).
14/11/2003, 6:07 Link to this post Send Email to Tex Willer   Send PM to Tex Willer
 
Christos Gatzidis Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2517
Reply | Quote
Re: I Can't Believe It!


Yeah, I've just named the Whitesnake stuff they've done here, they've also had their own band from time to time playing mainly blues. Ozone Friendly is another very good album worth picking up from the Moody/Marsden band, if you're into early Whitesnake that is (featuring new material).
14/11/2003, 8:11 Link to this post Send Email to Christos Gatzidis   Send PM to Christos Gatzidis
 
Tex Willer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 144
Reply | Quote
Re: I Can't Believe It!


'The Time is Right for Love' was another excellent live album from them. Acoustic set from Hell Blues festival. Can't remember the year. Maybe 92,93..?

At least in Scandinavia they sold double CD called 'The Time is Right for Love' CD1 was from Hell Blues festival and CD2 was 'Never Turn our back on the blues'

Highly recomended!
14/11/2003, 10:14 Link to this post Send Email to Tex Willer   Send PM to Tex Willer
 
unchained Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1227
Reply | Quote
Re: I Can't Believe It!


Beese,
Dont know your location, but if you are in the UK, I recomend that you get to one of the M3 gigs over the next couple of weeks. If you like classic Whitesnake, and not that sold-out American rubbish that DC does these days, then M3 will not disappoint. Tony Martin is awesome singing DC material and the whole band just come on to enjoy themselves from start to finish.

Bob emoticon
14/11/2003, 11:18 Link to this post Send Email to unchained   Send PM to unchained
 
Shadowcast Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 658
Reply | Quote
Re: I Can't Believe It!


quote:

Beese wrote:

I have only this minute found out about M3! To be fair I have only been a Whitesnake fan for about 6 months (God knows how I lives 17 1/2 years without them!). I found out about Company of Snakes last night on AMG and got their studio record today and went on the website that led me to the M3 site.

I can't believe I've missed out on it! Tony Martin too, I'm quite a fan of his and I wondered what he was up to!

Can anyone tell me if they have any official releases or what their setlists comprise of? Cheers!



Until about three to four years ago, I thought rock & roll was all The Beatles, The Eagles, Metallica, and Eric Clapton and I turned 20 this summer. I know how you feel, I was quite shocked when I found out about some of the things like this the first time.
16/11/2003, 3:48 Link to this post Send Email to Shadowcast
 
MrEd45 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Admin

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 9983
Reply | Quote
Re: I Can't Believe It!


quote:

Tex Willer wrote:

Don't forget the Moody Marsden Band which made a live album called 'Never Turn Our Back On the Blues' early 90's before the Snakes band.

Bernie & Micky shared the vocal duties, Zac Starkey played the drums. I can't remember the bass player but it wasn't Neil Murray (he was in Sabbath then).



Jaz Lochrie? Sid Ringsby?



---
" Those who can - do. Those who can't do - teach. Those who can't do or teach - administrate."
- Anon.

" One that will not reason is a bigot. One that cannot reason is an ignoramus. One that dares not reason is a slave." - Anon
16/11/2003, 10:42 Link to this post Send Email to MrEd45   Send PM to MrEd45 Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2 





You are not logged in (login)