Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3 

 
Kinski Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 443
Reply | Quote
Re: Tony Carey played on Slaves & Masters?!


There is no way that is Tony Carey. I'm a huge fan of both keyboardists, and the keyboard arrangements, backings, and solos are 100% Jon Lord on SLAVES. Tony could not be that precise in mimicking what Jon would do on each song to that level. Futhermore, Tony has said in numerous interviews that he hasn't seen or heard from Blackmore since the sessions for LLRnR. Here is an interview from 2018 for proof: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://sleazeroxx.com/ex-rainbow-keyboardist-tony-carey-states-that-hed-be-last-person-that-ritchie-blackmore-would-call/&ved=2ahUKEwj319XLwMPzAhW_lGoFHXpaCJYQFnoECAsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3GNXsraMdmGB_kZOGohxay

Now, I guess it's possible that he didn't see or speak to Ritchie while laying down keyboards on S&M, but it still sounds very far fetched. If that is actually Carey on the album, then Purple should have hired him instead of Airey back in 2002, because Carey's Jon Lord impersonating skills are off the chart! They also should have had him play on "Fire, Ice, and Dynamite" because Roger's synth work on that is so boring and basic that it is borderline pitiful.
12/10/2021, 0:00 Link to this post Send Email to Kinski   Send PM to Kinski
 
Perfectly Strange Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 01-2013
Posts: 656
Reply | Quote
Re: Tony Carey played on Slaves & Masters?!


This is all bolloxs! I messaged Colin Hart through facebook and got back the following reply, quoted in full; "I was at all the writing and recording sessions for Slaves and Masters and Tony had no part in the making of that album."
12/10/2021, 7:59 Link to this post Send Email to Perfectly Strange   Send PM to Perfectly Strange Blog
 
tomek dp Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 551
Reply | Quote
Re: Tony Carey played on Slaves & Masters?!


quote:

Perfectly Strange wrote:

This is all bolloxs! I messaged Colin Hart through facebook and got back the following reply, quoted in full; "I was at all the writing and recording sessions for Slaves and Masters and Tony had no part in the making of that album."



Great - that's what should be done to clarify all doubts emoticon
However I still wonder what made Carey declare that he was involved in S&M recording? After all he says that he'd been paid a sum of money decent enough to refurbish his own studio...

Last edited by tomek dp, 12/10/2021, 8:57
12/10/2021, 8:53 Link to this post Send Email to tomek dp   Send PM to tomek dp
 
BlueWhite77 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 10-2015
Posts: 97
Reply | Quote
Re: Tony Carey played on Slaves & Masters?!


I asked him yesterday via Facebook whether he actually is this guy on the SQ forum. So let's see whether he will answer.
12/10/2021, 9:23 Link to this post Send Email to BlueWhite77   Send PM to BlueWhite77 Blog
 
Viciious Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 10-2013
Posts: 81
Reply | Quote
Re: Tony Carey played on Slaves & Masters?!


quote:

They also should have had him play on "Fire, Ice, and Dynamite" because Roger's synth work on that is so boring and basic that it is borderline pitiful.

I think it's also safe to assume that IP didn't play on that one either.
12/10/2021, 9:55 Link to this post Send Email to Viciious   Send PM to Viciious Blog
 
Kinski Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 443
Reply | Quote
Re: Tony Carey played on Slaves & Masters?!


quote:

Viciious wrote:

quote:

They also should have had him play on "Fire, Ice, and Dynamite" because Roger's synth work on that is so boring and basic that it is borderline pitiful.

I think it's also safe to assume that IP didn't play on that one either.



No doubt. That's an obvious drum machine.
12/10/2021, 10:33 Link to this post Send Email to Kinski   Send PM to Kinski
 
Perfectly Strange Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 01-2013
Posts: 656
Reply | Quote
Re: Tony Carey played on Slaves & Masters?!


Just to definitively close this out I emailed Tony Carey's website and got this back;

Tony Carey <tcmusic@web.de>
Mon 11/10/2021 18:06
Hi David.
 
No, I never played on a Deep Purple record, that was Jon with Joe Lynn singing.... (I think).
 
be well!
 
TC

So whoever that is the Status Quo website is a total bullsh1tter.
12/10/2021, 14:17 Link to this post Send Email to Perfectly Strange   Send PM to Perfectly Strange Blog
 
mtb7 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 846
Reply | Quote
Re: Tony Carey played on Slaves & Masters?!


This becomes very, very interesting- if you cared to read that thread, you surely noticed that people were referring to the poster as Tony Carey from the get-go, even if his nick has nothing to do with this name…which means that he already introduced himself prior to that thread as Tony.
It would be interesting to read his other posts and see what else he invented with this identity along the way.
12/10/2021, 14:45 Link to this post Send Email to mtb7   Send PM to mtb7 Blog
 
eiricd Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 10-2003
Posts: 930
Reply | Quote
Re: Tony Carey played on Slaves & Masters?!


quote:

Perfectly Strange wrote:

Just to definitively close this out I emailed Tony Carey's website and got this back;

Tony Carey <tcmusic@web.de>
Mon 11/10/2021 18:06
Hi David.
 
No, I never played on a Deep Purple record, that was Jon with Joe Lynn singing.... (I think).
 
be well!
 
TC

So whoever that is the Status Quo website is a total bullsh1tter.



to play devil's advocate; "I think"...does leave room for speculation.

12/10/2021, 16:12 Link to this post Send Email to eiricd   Send PM to eiricd
 
Perfectly Strange Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 01-2013
Posts: 656
Reply | Quote
Re: Tony Carey played on Slaves & Masters?!


quote:

eiricd wrote:

quote:

Perfectly Strange wrote:

Just to definitively close this out I emailed Tony Carey's website and got this back;

Tony Carey <tcmusic@web.de>
Mon 11/10/2021 18:06
Hi David.
 
No, I never played on a Deep Purple record, that was Jon with Joe Lynn singing.... (I think).
 
be well!
 
TC

So whoever that is the Status Quo website is a total bullsh1tter.



to play devil's advocate; "I think"...does leave room for speculation.




More like TC isn't overly familiar with DP's work and he put "I think" it was JL & JLT because he wasn't certain. Irrespective it definitely wasn't him (unless conspiracy theorists think Colin Hart & TC got together to obfuscate)
12/10/2021, 16:33 Link to this post Send Email to Perfectly Strange   Send PM to Perfectly Strange Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 





You are not logged in (login)