Runboard.com
Слава Україні!
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3 

 
srdja ws Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 06-2014
Posts: 327
Reply | Quote
Re: Child Of Babylon


I agree. Even David said years ago Doug had been insisting of playing it.
26/11/2019, 6:47 Link to this post Send Email to srdja ws   Send PM to srdja ws Blog
 
fdr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 08-2011
Posts: 1778
Reply | Quote
Re: Child Of Babylon


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

Been listening to Come an get It quite a lot recently ,great album IMHO emoticon
 one of my favourite tracks has always been COB ,has this ever been played live? i certainly dont recall seeing it performed ?and ive been to every tour since Lovehunter.



I'm with you all with considering Come an get it one of the absolute peaks in his discography: what a song, what a voice, what a line up. And I'll never stop envying you for seeing them live during those tours. Must have been some of the best concerts in the whole purple family history! I got to see them first only in 1990.
26/11/2019, 14:07 Link to this post Send Email to fdr   Send PM to fdr Blog
 
Wojak Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 01-2004
Posts: 1568
Reply | Quote
Re: Child Of Babylon


quote:

fdr wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

Been listening to Come an get It quite a lot recently ,great album IMHO emoticon
 one of my favourite tracks has always been COB ,has this ever been played live? i certainly dont recall seeing it performed ?and ive been to every tour since Lovehunter.



I'm with you all with considering Come an get it one of the absolute peaks in his discography: what a song, what a voice, what a line up. And I'll never stop envying you for seeing them live during those tours. Must have been some of the best concerts in the whole purple family history! I got to see them first only in 1990.



They were awesome for a few magnificent years.


26/11/2019, 14:20 Link to this post Send Email to Wojak   Send PM to Wojak
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 757
Reply | Quote
Re: Child Of Babylon


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

doggone wrote:

I don't know it it's been played live but Come and Get it and Ready and Willing is Whitesnake at their peak IMHO. I know a lot of people will probably disagree.



I dont think many if any?of the long term Whitesnake fans would disagree doggone.
For me the Moody/Marsden lineup is untouchable emoticon having said that i have still enjoyed (to varying degrees) every album Whitesnake have released and am still enjoying Flesh & Blood



Ready and Willing Tour at De Montfort Hall Leicester, Gary Moore supporting.
Come and Get It tour at Granby Hall Leicester, Billy Squire supporting if I remember correctly?
Anyway, both great shows.
26/11/2019, 14:28 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
doggone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2205
Reply | Quote
Re: Child Of Babylon


Whitesnake were pretty unknown here in the States (at least in my area) until the Slide it in Album (Fool for your Loving did get airplay in the early 1980's but that was about it).
I remember finding the Trouble Album at my record store when it first came out and being surprised Jon was in the band. Trouble was a fine album.
26/11/2019, 14:48 Link to this post Send Email to doggone   Send PM to doggone
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6300
Reply | Quote
Re: Child Of Babylon


quote:

leelyt wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

doggone wrote:

I don't know it it's been played live but Come and Get it and Ready and Willing is Whitesnake at their peak IMHO. I know a lot of people will probably disagree.



I dont think many if any?of the long term Whitesnake fans would disagree doggone.
For me the Moody/Marsden lineup is untouchable emoticon having said that i have still enjoyed (to varying degrees) every album Whitesnake have released and am still enjoying Flesh & Blood



Ready and Willing Tour at De Montfort Hall Leicester, Gary Moore supporting.
Come and Get It tour at Granby Hall Leicester, Billy Squire supporting if I remember correctly?
Anyway, both great shows.



Remember them well, i saw both those tours ,if i remember correctly one was at the Edinburgh Odeon and one at the Apollo Glasgow,happy days indeed emoticon
26/11/2019, 16:24 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
Old Timer5 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 720
Reply | Quote
Re: Child Of Babylon


I gave the Come an' Get It album a play in the car yesterday as a result of this thread. I haven't played it in a while and it's easy to forget what a great album it is. What struck me was how unique WS were at that point- I honestly can't think of any other bands at that time who were playing a similar vein of rock music. Both CAGI and Ready and Willing have their roots firmly in the blues, but WS at that point were also full of soul.

I was fortunate enough to see WS twice in 1981 and what I recall is that the connection between band and audience was almost tangible at that point. WS were absolutely a 'band of the people'. That connection did continue to some extent after this line up disintegrated but it's never been or felt quite like it did back then. Great times and great memories.
  
27/11/2019, 12:54 Link to this post Send PM to Old Timer5
 
Desperateheart Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2013
Posts: 2280
Reply | Quote
Re: Child Of Babylon


some might say Bad Company wrote the book on what the 78-82 line up were doing,

must put Come and get it on again, was watching the M3 DVD from around 2002 recently. w Doogie White on vocals, they ran through 3 CAGI tracks in a row at one point. Don't break my heart, Lonely days lonely nights and Hit an run. superb! Doogie really nailed that stuff.
28/11/2019, 12:40 Link to this post Send Email to Desperateheart   Send PM to Desperateheart Blog
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 757
Reply | Quote
Re: Child Of Babylon


quote:

Desperateheart wrote:

some might say Bad Company wrote the book on what the 78-82 line up were doing,

must put Come and get it on again, was watching the M3 DVD from around 2002 recently. w Doogie White on vocals, they ran through 3 CAGI tracks in a row at one point. Don't break my heart, Lonely days lonely nights and Hit an run. superb! Doogie really nailed that stuff.



Oh yes, what a run of tracks that is. LDLN and Hit and Run, fantastic tracks.
DC was at the top of his game here, I am convinced this was the peak of his singing.
28/11/2019, 13:37 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
fdr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 08-2011
Posts: 1778
Reply | Quote
Re: Child Of Babylon


quote:

Desperateheart wrote:

some might say Bad Company wrote the book on what the 78-82 line up were doing



I was going to say the same thing! And who carried the torch for this kind of band after Whitesnake abandoned it? Probably nobody at such a level, but I'd say that at Thunder and Gotthard shows I sometimes felt something similar.
Any other suggestions?
28/11/2019, 14:33 Link to this post Send Email to fdr   Send PM to fdr Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 





You are not logged in (login)