Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4 

 
Coirce Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 4496
Reply | Quote
Re: On the Radio...Again


quote:

Milan Fahrnholz wrote:

Yes, with the emphasis on the first syllable.



You mean like Meelan?

Good man for playing Purple Doogie emoticon

---
They burned down the place she worked
It died with an awful sound
Milan and Coirce were posting in the pub
As it burned to the ground
Smooooooooooooke on the forums
dern dern dern
18/12/2003, 16:23 Link to this post Send Email to Coirce   Send PM to Coirce
 
Milan Fahrnholz Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 17842
Reply | Quote
Re: On the Radio...Again


quote:

Big J wrote:
4am-7am.



I take that as beeing UK time?

Now there´s a Dio song, what is it?
18/12/2003, 16:35 Link to this post  
 
Milan Fahrnholz Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 17842
Reply | Quote
Re: On the Radio...Again


The Needle And The Damage Done as a closer, from one of my favourite albums! Thank you Doogie!
18/12/2003, 17:58 Link to this post  
 
Big J Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6073
Reply | Quote
Re: On the Radio...Again


quote:

Milan Fahrnholz wrote:

I´d be more than grateful for a recording of that(at least "my" song with the introduction).



My plans to record this went totally awry I'm afraid. emoticon

Came home from work at 4:30 and started recording the show from that point. 40 minutes later I hear the unmistakeable sound of "Chicken Invaders" coming from the PC. Yes, my son had closed down my sound recording software and was merrily blasting eggs and chickens to oblivion! Chucked him off the PC and started the software up again (so I thought). Checked again at 6:15 and the software was still in "Pause" mode emoticon

Oh well, thought I, I'll log on last thing at night and leave it running overnight to catch the repeat. Cleared a whole load of space on the hard drive so I could create a humungous WAV file, logged on, started TotalRock, started sound recording software and went to bed.....

... Up at the crack of dawn as per normal (baby that won't sleep!) and my internet connection had terminated some time during the night emoticon emoticon

So, I have a few portions of the show in various WAV files. I'll try and piece some of it together, but I suspect that Milan's moment of glory is lost forever...




Last edited by Big J, 19/12/2003, 11:29


---
Please sign the HTP UK Tour Petition
19/12/2003, 11:28 Link to this post Send Email to Big J   Send PM to Big J
 
Big J Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6073
Reply | Quote
Re: On the Radio...Again


What did Doogie play anyway? I heard a few bits and pieces.

I did ask him to play Celtic Legacy, but I think it was a bit short notice emoticon

---
Please sign the HTP UK Tour Petition
19/12/2003, 11:33 Link to this post Send Email to Big J   Send PM to Big J
 
Coirce Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 4496
Reply | Quote
Re: On the Radio...Again


quote:

Big J wrote:

I did ask him to play Celtic Legacy, but I think it was a bit short notice emoticon



Is that you in one of the photos of the Celtic Legacy album?

---
They burned down the place she worked
It died with an awful sound
Milan and Coirce were posting in the pub
As it burned to the ground
Smooooooooooooke on the forums
dern dern dern
19/12/2003, 12:19 Link to this post Send Email to Coirce   Send PM to Coirce
 
Milan Fahrnholz Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 17842
Reply | Quote
Re: On the Radio...Again


quote:

Big J wrote:

quote:

Milan Fahrnholz wrote:

I´d be more than grateful for a recording of that(at least "my" song with the introduction).



My plans to record this went totally awry I'm afraid. emoticon

Came home from work at 4:30 and started recording the show from that point. 40 minutes later I hear the unmistakeable sound of "Chicken Invaders" coming from the PC. Yes, my son had closed down my sound recording software and was merrily blasting eggs and chickens to oblivion! Chucked him off the PC and started the software up again (so I thought). Checked again at 6:15 and the software was still in "Pause" mode emoticon

Oh well, thought I, I'll log on last thing at night and leave it running overnight to catch the repeat. Cleared a whole load of space on the hard drive so I could create a humungous WAV file, logged on, started TotalRock, started sound recording software and went to bed.....

... Up at the crack of dawn as per normal (baby that won't sleep!) and my internet connection had terminated some time during the night emoticon emoticon

So, I have a few portions of the show in various WAV files. I'll try and piece some of it together, but I suspect that Milan's moment of glory is lost forever...





Typically my bad luck. First I switch on too late, then I stay awake eternally to hear the repition in case someone misses to record it, then I fall asleep because I think they don´t bring it anymore and exactly that happens...hmpf!emoticon

Last edited by Milan Fahrnholz, 19/12/2003, 12:40
19/12/2003, 12:40 Link to this post  
 
Big J Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6073
Reply | Quote
Re: On the Radio...Again


quote:

Coirce wrote:

quote:

Big J wrote:

I did ask him to play Celtic Legacy, but I think it was a bit short notice emoticon



Is that you in one of the photos of the Celtic Legacy album?



No. I think most of the photos on the Resurrection booklet were taken on Celtic Legacy's German trip.

Last edited by Big J, 19/12/2003, 12:41


---
Please sign the HTP UK Tour Petition
19/12/2003, 12:40 Link to this post Send Email to Big J   Send PM to Big J
 
Milan Fahrnholz Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 17842
Reply | Quote
Re: On the Radio...Again


quote:

Niko Vidgren wrote:
And the song playing now is for you.



And which one was it?
19/12/2003, 15:42 Link to this post  
 
Coirce Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 4496
Reply | Quote
Re: On the Radio...Again


quote:

Milan Fahrnholz wrote:

quote:

Niko Vidgren wrote:
And the song playing now is for you.



And which one was it?



Poor Milan

---
They burned down the place she worked
It died with an awful sound
Milan and Coirce were posting in the pub
As it burned to the ground
Smooooooooooooke on the forums
dern dern dern
19/12/2003, 15:49 Link to this post Send Email to Coirce   Send PM to Coirce
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4 





You are not logged in (login)