Runboard.com
Слава Україні!
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3 

 
mcpmk2 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 08-2004
Posts: 171
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Glasgow August 10th


great review john.
speaking of friday night bob, roll on folkestone!!!
now i am really looking forward to it.
just one thing.
why does anyone think ronnie has suddenly become more popular again?
i mean they moved the glasgow show to increase capacity, the astora was a tight squeeze last time, to the the point where i think he could have had a decent crowd at the hammy odeon.
11/8/2004, 14:32 Link to this post Send Email to mcpmk2   Send PM to mcpmk2
 
Christos Gatzidis Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2517
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Glasgow August 10th


Btw, some guy on the mr.com forum is saying that the Nottingham Dio show on Sunday is cancelled...
11/8/2004, 14:36 Link to this post Send Email to Christos Gatzidis   Send PM to Christos Gatzidis
 
mcpmk2 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 08-2004
Posts: 171
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Glasgow August 10th


best check folkestone then.
11/8/2004, 14:39 Link to this post Send Email to mcpmk2   Send PM to mcpmk2
 
Big J Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6077
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Glasgow August 10th


quote:

mcpmk2 wrote:

great review john.
speaking of friday night bob, roll on folkestone!!!
now i am really looking forward to it.
just one thing.
why does anyone think ronnie has suddenly become more popular again?
i mean they moved the glasgow show to increase capacity, the astora was a tight squeeze last time, to the the point where i think he could have had a decent crowd at the hammy odeon.



By using the black screen and not having the balcony open, they reduced the capacity to less than 1800 I reckon. The Barrowlands holds 1900, so I haven't a clue why it was moved.

Re. Ronnie's popularity. When the tour was announced I put it on my list of "possibles". I was already committed to quite a few gigs and seeing as I'd seen him on the KTD tour I wasn't too bothered if I missed him this time. All that changed when I saw the set list however emoticon

But a lot of fans probably weren't aware of the set list in advance, so I'm not too sure of the reason for the general increase in interest. He does seem to be "hot" right now though.


---
Bring back The Opening Salvo!
11/8/2004, 14:46 Link to this post Send Email to Big J   Send PM to Big J
 
Big J Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6077
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Glasgow August 10th


quote:

Christos Gatzidis wrote:

Btw, some guy on the mr.com forum is saying that the Nottingham Dio show on Sunday is cancelled...



Yes, it's been mentioned on the Dio Message Board as well. The venue wasn't up to Dio's requirements apparently.

Last edited by Big J, 11/8/2004, 15:10


---
Bring back The Opening Salvo!
11/8/2004, 14:47 Link to this post Send Email to Big J   Send PM to Big J
 
mcpmk2 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 08-2004
Posts: 171
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Glasgow August 10th


requirements?
he dont still take that dragon around does he?emoticon
didnt on the last couple of tours.
11/8/2004, 14:51 Link to this post Send Email to mcpmk2   Send PM to mcpmk2
 
Big J Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6077
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Glasgow August 10th


quote:

mcpmk2 wrote:

requirements?
he dont still take that dragon around does he?emoticon
didnt on the last couple of tours.



Denzil? No, no sign of him. emoticon

---
Bring back The Opening Salvo!
11/8/2004, 15:09 Link to this post Send Email to Big J   Send PM to Big J
 
Ritchies Strat Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 4267
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Glasgow August 10th


 Thanks for the review BigJ. I just got chills thinking of being there when the opening keyboard strains crank out Gates.
 Goldy is the best guitar player that Dio has had in his solo band. He somehow manages to stay true to the original solos from RB and TI, as they deserve to be played, while still adding his own modernized touch to them. His opening riffs to all of the songs aren't just widdle-dee and widdle-da weakened versions of the original riffs (ala the smiley, widdley versions of the RB riffs we've been getting hammered with). Dio doesn't just sound good for his age, he just sounds incredible...PERIOD!!!!

---
"Every time she goes Vavoom,
I wiggle in my chair"- excerpt from the book 'Things a Grown Man Should Never Say'.
11/8/2004, 16:23 Link to this post Send Email to Ritchies Strat   Send PM to Ritchies Strat
 
mcpmk2 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 08-2004
Posts: 171
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Glasgow August 10th


just checked the folkestone venue site.
gig is still on and there are tickets available.
phew...sigh of relief.
11/8/2004, 16:40 Link to this post Send Email to mcpmk2   Send PM to mcpmk2
 
Big J Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6077
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Glasgow August 10th


quote:

Ritchies Strat wrote:

Goldy is the best guitar player that Dio has had in his solo band. He somehow manages to stay true to the original solos from RB and TI, as they deserve to be played, while still adding his own modernized touch to them. His opening riffs to all of the songs aren't just widdle-dee and widdle-da weakened versions of the original riffs



My thoughts exactly.

---
Bring back The Opening Salvo!
12/8/2004, 11:12 Link to this post Send Email to Big J   Send PM to Big J
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 





You are not logged in (login)