Runboard.com
Слава Україні!
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4  5 

 
UncommonMan Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2019
Posts: 108
Reply | Quote
Re: First hint of new album?


I think "Whoosh" would have been quite a bit heavier if they had mixed it differently.
For my taste the guitar would have needed more highs and less lows to get an edgy sound an the drums should have been less prominent in the mix.
4/9/2021, 16:20 Link to this post Send Email to UncommonMan   Send PM to UncommonMan Blog
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6291
Reply | Quote
Re: First hint of new album?


quote:

ptr wrote:

Quite frankly - nothing bores me more on this forum than litb0 crap repeated endlessly again, again, again and again. We got it - you dont get current Purple. Nothing less nothing more. Leave it for good please, we read it more than enough times from you.




WTF thats a bit savage mate !!!
Who the hell do you think you are to tell me what i can and cant say on this forum.
You may disagree with me thats fine ,but to tell me i cant say what i want to say because you disagree with it and think its "crap"is somewhat getting above your station on this forum is it not.???
You say i dont get current DP ?? based on what exactly ?i have stated often enough that i enjoy MK Morse albums for a short period but they dont have enough about them to make me want to come back to them.
As for my comments on SM solos being repetitive then i dont think anyone could argue that FACT not even you!!!But then im sure you will spout your own version of "crap" to argue the point emoticon
4/9/2021, 19:36 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 3271
Reply | Quote
Re: First hint of new album?


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

Quite frankly - nothing bores me more on this forum than litb0 crap repeated endlessly again, again, again and again. We got it - you dont get current Purple. Nothing less nothing more. Leave it for good please, we read it more than enough times from you.




WTF thats a bit savage mate !!!
Who the hell do you think you are to tell me what i can and cant say on this forum.
You may disagree with me thats fine ,but to tell me i cant say what i want to say because you disagree with it and think its "crap"is somewhat getting above your station on this forum is it not.???
You say i dont get current DP ?? based on what exactly ?i have stated often enough that i enjoy MK Morse albums for a short period but they dont have enough about them to make me want to come back to them.
As for my comments on SM solos being repetitive then i dont think anyone could argue that FACT not even you!!!But then im sure you will spout your own version of "crap" to argue the point emoticon



I meant leave this repetitive stuff you bring to EVERY discussion on this forum related to current or upcoming releases of the band. We know your opinion, you dont need to repeat it for 87918481687754 more times...

Last edited by ptr, 4/9/2021, 20:08
4/9/2021, 20:07 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6291
Reply | Quote
Re: First hint of new album?


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

Quite frankly - nothing bores me more on this forum than litb0 crap repeated endlessly again, again, again and again. We got it - you dont get current Purple. Nothing less nothing more. Leave it for good please, we read it more than enough times from you.




WTF thats a bit savage mate !!!
Who the hell do you think you are to tell me what i can and cant say on this forum.
You may disagree with me thats fine ,but to tell me i cant say what i want to say because you disagree with it and think its "crap"is somewhat getting above your station on this forum is it not.???
You say i dont get current DP ?? based on what exactly ?i have stated often enough that i enjoy MK Morse albums for a short period but they dont have enough about them to make me want to come back to them.
As for my comments on SM solos being repetitive then i dont think anyone could argue that FACT not even you!!!But then im sure you will spout your own version of "crap" to argue the point emoticon



I meant leave this repetitive stuff you bring to EVERY discussion on this forum related to current or upcoming releases of the band. We know your opinion, you dont need to repeat it for 87918481687754 more times...



If my opinions bother you that much ptr its quite simple dont read them emoticonNo need to be abusive or scathing just dont read them and dont reply to them that would be the polite thing to doemoticon
The fact of the matter is that this thread is about a possible new DP release i have given my opinion on what i expect from aforementioned new release and why im not particularily excited by the prospect (a few others on this thread share that opinion it seems?)
You on the other hand have chosen to be abusive to me and not the others who share similar opinions?
any particular reason for this ?
My opinion ? you're quite simply a rude youngster with no respect for his elder more worldly wise and experienced fellow DP fan emoticon

4/9/2021, 21:52 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
Randys Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 3698
Reply | Quote
Re: First hint of new album?


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

Randys wrote:

quote:

nyfan2 wrote:

I like the Ezrin albums although I think Whoosh lacked some edge - but thats not an indictment on Bob. Would be good to get a different producer if there is another album to get them to mix it up.



KEVIN SHIRLEY, ANDY SNEAP, RICK RUBIN, BOB ROCK..........etcetera.



Rick Rubin (lover and ultimate supporter of loudness war, where Death Magnetic sounded better in Guitar Hero than on real album....) producing DP is my worst nightmare after he botched Sabbath reunion with superboring 13. We would probably praise Bradford after that!



Yeah sure. As if those two albums are the only albums he produced, the man has a massive catalog in terms of production. RHCP, System of A Down, Audioslave and many many many more.

Those "13" and "Death Magnetic" reach #1 on both sides of Atlantic, millions of people bought these records, that includes me, I bought this two on CD and Vinyl format.
5/9/2021, 4:49 Link to this post Send Email to Randys   Send PM to Randys
 
Randys Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 3698
Reply | Quote
Re: First hint of new album?


quote:

Kinski wrote:

quote:

Randys wrote:
We can compare Deep Purple's "Turning to Crime" with some old rock bands latest albums...
Yes - The Quest



Purple should have no trouble in comparison to the current offering from Yes. The first two released tracks from THE QUEST are boring and lifeless. But, as far as I'm concerned, the last brilliant Yes album was DRAMA back in '80, so I'm not expecting much.

Purple's energy level is also declining greatly with each album all the way back to BANANAS, so like every album since then there will some good tracks and those that go pretty much no where. But Gillan and Glover both are rapidly approaching 80 years old. We're absolutely in uncharted waters with men of this age playing this style of music. You can't expect the fire of '69-'73 anymore. Heck, even the brilliant concerts we got from '93-'01 are in the distant past now.



I'm not saying these are better than Deep Purple releases, I'm saying that we should compare apple with apple, and not orange with apple. Iron Maiden have more energy because they are much younger.

Yes and others are DP contemparies, they are more or less same age as Deep Purple.

Last edited by Randys, 5/9/2021, 4:57
5/9/2021, 4:54 Link to this post Send Email to Randys   Send PM to Randys
 
Kinski Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 451
Reply | Quote
Re: First hint of new album?


quote:

Randys wrote:

quote:

Kinski wrote:

quote:

Randys wrote:
We can compare Deep Purple's "Turning to Crime" with some old rock bands latest albums...
Yes - The Quest



Purple should have no trouble in comparison to the current offering from Yes. The first two released tracks from THE QUEST are boring and lifeless. But, as far as I'm concerned, the last brilliant Yes album was DRAMA back in '80, so I'm not expecting much.

Purple's energy level is also declining greatly with each album all the way back to BANANAS, so like every album since then there will some good tracks and those that go pretty much no where. But Gillan and Glover both are rapidly approaching 80 years old. We're absolutely in uncharted waters with men of this age playing this style of music. You can't expect the fire of '69-'73 anymore. Heck, even the brilliant concerts we got from '93-'01 are in the distant past now.



I'm not saying these are better than Deep Purple releases, I'm saying that we should compare apple with apple, and not orange with apple. Iron Maiden have more energy because they are much younger.

Yes and others are DP contemparies, they are more or less same age as Deep Purple.



I never said you thought Yes was better. I took it upon myself to make that comparison after recently hearing tracks from THE QUEST.
5/9/2021, 13:38 Link to this post Send Email to Kinski   Send PM to Kinski
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6291
Reply | Quote
Re: First hint of new album?


quote:

Randys wrote:

quote:

Kinski wrote:

quote:

Randys wrote:
We can compare Deep Purple's "Turning to Crime" with some old rock bands latest albums...
Yes - The Quest



Purple should have no trouble in comparison to the current offering from Yes. The first two released tracks from THE QUEST are boring and lifeless. But, as far as I'm concerned, the last brilliant Yes album was DRAMA back in '80, so I'm not expecting much.

Purple's energy level is also declining greatly with each album all the way back to BANANAS, so like every album since then there will some good tracks and those that go pretty much no where. But Gillan and Glover both are rapidly approaching 80 years old. We're absolutely in uncharted waters with men of this age playing this style of music. You can't expect the fire of '69-'73 anymore. Heck, even the brilliant concerts we got from '93-'01 are in the distant past now.



I'm not saying these are better than Deep Purple releases, I'm saying that we should compare apple with apple, and not orange with apple. Iron Maiden have more energy because they are much younger.

Yes and others are DP contemparies, they are more or less same age as Deep Purple.



But Maiden are not MUCH younger? their average age is 65, DP its 73,in fact SM is only a couple of years older than the majority of the Maiden guys,so even saying they are roughly 10 years younger i think its true to say that 10 years ago(even 20 years ago)Deep Purple were most certainly not playing with the fire that Maiden still are today.Some of it is down to genetics no doubt but also lifestyle and for me its clear that some of the guys in DP haven't looked after themselves

5/9/2021, 15:42 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 3271
Reply | Quote
Re: First hint of new album?


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

Randys wrote:

quote:

Kinski wrote:

quote:

Randys wrote:
We can compare Deep Purple's "Turning to Crime" with some old rock bands latest albums...
Yes - The Quest



Purple should have no trouble in comparison to the current offering from Yes. The first two released tracks from THE QUEST are boring and lifeless. But, as far as I'm concerned, the last brilliant Yes album was DRAMA back in '80, so I'm not expecting much.

Purple's energy level is also declining greatly with each album all the way back to BANANAS, so like every album since then there will some good tracks and those that go pretty much no where. But Gillan and Glover both are rapidly approaching 80 years old. We're absolutely in uncharted waters with men of this age playing this style of music. You can't expect the fire of '69-'73 anymore. Heck, even the brilliant concerts we got from '93-'01 are in the distant past now.



I'm not saying these are better than Deep Purple releases, I'm saying that we should compare apple with apple, and not orange with apple. Iron Maiden have more energy because they are much younger.

Yes and others are DP contemparies, they are more or less same age as Deep Purple.



But Maiden are not MUCH younger? their average age is 65, DP its 73,in fact SM is only a couple of years older than the majority of the Maiden guys,so even saying they are roughly 10 years younger i think its true to say that 10 years ago(even 20 years ago)Deep Purple were most certainly not playing with the fire that Maiden still are today.Some of it is down to genetics no doubt but also lifestyle and for me its clear that some of the guys in DP haven't looked after themselves




Aging is not linear, it depends on overall health state and its Morse (youngest guy in a band) who is repeatedly surprised by stamina of "older guys" in band. Let me put it into context (and please dont take it rude, I dont mean it that way in any shape of form) - they did new album when two oldest guys (including singer) were 75 and IG just celebrated 76 years, its 8 years after age when RJD sadly passed and he was always praised as guy with incredible long career... he actually died young (67 is way lower than life expentancy for man in US).... Jon died nine years ago - who expected DP to be active so long after such a sad event. You never know - DP are in late 60s and mid 70s of age and in 2006 I would never expect them perform at that age (when IG did Gillan´s Inn I actually supposed it was some sort of "farewell" to his career). When RJD was supposed to celebrate his 70th birthday, Geezer told that it was age when RJD planned to retire. When I met them in Dec 2019 it was the first time Roger was tired after show that he asked to take photo with him seated (he asked if I dont mind if he remain sit). Age takes toll, but they are so happy on stage, they look 15 years younger on stage than off.

Last edited by ptr, 5/9/2021, 16:34
5/9/2021, 16:28 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6291
Reply | Quote
Re: First hint of new album?


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

Randys wrote:

quote:

Kinski wrote:

quote:

Randys wrote:
We can compare Deep Purple's "Turning to Crime" with some old rock bands latest albums...
Yes - The Quest



Purple should have no trouble in comparison to the current offering from Yes. The first two released tracks from THE QUEST are boring and lifeless. But, as far as I'm concerned, the last brilliant Yes album was DRAMA back in '80, so I'm not expecting much.

Purple's energy level is also declining greatly with each album all the way back to BANANAS, so like every album since then there will some good tracks and those that go pretty much no where. But Gillan and Glover both are rapidly approaching 80 years old. We're absolutely in uncharted waters with men of this age playing this style of music. You can't expect the fire of '69-'73 anymore. Heck, even the brilliant concerts we got from '93-'01 are in the distant past now.



I'm not saying these are better than Deep Purple releases, I'm saying that we should compare apple with apple, and not orange with apple. Iron Maiden have more energy because they are much younger.

Yes and others are DP contemparies, they are more or less same age as Deep Purple.



But Maiden are not MUCH younger? their average age is 65, DP its 73,in fact SM is only a couple of years older than the majority of the Maiden guys,so even saying they are roughly 10 years younger i think its true to say that 10 years ago(even 20 years ago)Deep Purple were most certainly not playing with the fire that Maiden still are today.Some of it is down to genetics no doubt but also lifestyle and for me its clear that some of the guys in DP haven't looked after themselves




Aging is not linear, it depends on overall health state and its Morse (youngest guy in a band) who is repeatedly surprised by stamina of "older guys" in band. Let me put it into context (and please dont take it rude, I dont mean it that way in any shape of form) - they did new album when two oldest guys (including singer) were 75 and IG just celebrated 76 years, its 8 years after age when RJD sadly passed and he was always praised as guy with incredible long career... he actually died young (67 is way lower than life expentancy for man in US).... Jon died nine years ago - who expected DP to be active so long after such a sad event. You never know - DP are in late 60s and mid 70s of age and in 2006 I would never expect them perform at that age (when IG did Gillan´s Inn I actually supposed it was some sort of "farewell" to his career). When RJD was supposed to celebrate his 70th birthday, Geezer told that it was age when RJD planned to retire. When I met them in Dec 2019 it was the first time Roger was tired after show that he asked to take photo with him seated (he asked if I dont mind if he remain sit). Age takes toll, but they are so happy on stage, they look 15 years younger on stage than off.




You make some good points ptr and i for one did not expect there to be a DP still performing and creating new music in 2021.
I am glad they are still doing what they love, those guys have been musical heroes of mine for more years than i care to remember ,
 i just don't find them an exciting prospect to pay money to see live anymore.
If i did go and see them again it would be for purely sentimental reasons ie a final farewel,thats been the case for me with DP for 10 years now .
I will still welcome any new album as there are always one or 2 excellent songs on any album they do.
5/9/2021, 16:53 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5 





You are not logged in (login)