Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

 
Randys Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 3679
Reply | Quote
Re: WHOOSH! review


It's a perfect ten!!!
16/8/2020, 15:49 Link to this post Send Email to Randys   Send PM to Randys
 
doggone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2182
Reply | Quote
Re: WHOOSH! review


I went away for 3 days and listened to no music but had Throw My Bones stuck in my head. Got home and put Whoosh on. It gets better with each listening. Sounds to me like a cross between Gillan's "One Eye To Morocco" and "Purpendicular".
20/8/2020, 17:35 Link to this post Send Email to doggone   Send PM to doggone
 
Concrete god Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 2452
Reply | Quote
Re: WHOOSH! review


quote:

doggone wrote:

I went away for 3 days and listened to no music but had Throw My Bones stuck in my head. Got home and put Whoosh on. It gets better with each listening. Sounds to me like a cross between Gillan's "One Eye To Morocco" and "Purpendicular".



And it will just get better and better..! Promise you.

---
ConcreteGod
20/8/2020, 19:06 Link to this post Send Email to Concrete god   Send PM to Concrete god Blog
 
Fule Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 10-2005
Posts: 397
Reply | Quote
Re:


The Power of the Moon is more extraordinary with every listen.

Forgive me but, what could a green balloon mean? The moon itself?

Great interview with Gillan discussing how he's always been interested in the moon and finally got to write a song about it.
20/8/2020, 20:56 Link to this post Send Email to Fule   Send PM to Fule
 
DeepOz Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 10-2005
Posts: 422
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

Fule wrote:
Forgive me but, what could a green balloon mean? The moon itself?



I listened to a clip with IG/IP talking about the song and thought they said that the green balloon was in fact planet Earth. Perhaps I misunderstood.

20/8/2020, 23:06 Link to this post Send Email to DeepOz   Send PM to DeepOz
 
Atle Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6045
Reply | Quote
Re:


After a dozen+ listenings Whoosh is still growing on me.
 I think it's wonderful. A GREAT band effort, including Bob Ezrin, producer, co-writer and co-musican.
Already my favourite Mk Morse album.

So far I prefer to listen to it as one album, not as a list of songs, so I have no review on each song yet. Only that whan I heard Man Alive on it's own, it did not do much for me. But in the context of the album, it's simply amazing.
Also I find And The Address being a gift to an old Purple fan. Brrrrillant, in my ears.

Deep Purple remain my favourite band, 33 years down the road.

---
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
- Albert Einstein
2/9/2020, 1:58 Link to this post Send Email to Atle   Send PM to Atle Blog
 
fdr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 08-2011
Posts: 1754
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

Atle wrote:

After a dozen+ listenings Whoosh is still growing on me.
 I think it's wonderful. A GREAT band effort, including Bob Ezrin, producer, co-writer and co-musican.
Already my favourite Mk Morse album.

So far I prefer to listen to it as one album, not as a list of songs, so I have no review on each song yet. Only that whan I heard Man Alive on it's own, it did not do much for me. But in the context of the album, it's simply amazing.
Also I find And The Address being a gift to an old Purple fan. Brrrrillant, in my ears.

Deep Purple remain my favourite band, 33 years down the road.



Agree 100%! And the "it's a green balloon" moment in "Power of the moon" is one of Gillan's best moments in the album.
2/9/2020, 8:41 Link to this post Send Email to fdr   Send PM to fdr Blog
 
doggone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2182
Reply | Quote
Re: WHOOSH! review


I have to agree. This is a brilliant album. Not one bad song on it. I like it better than Infinite (which is also a fine album). They've been my favorite band since 1973 and 47 years later are still putting out albums that I enjoy listening to.

Last edited by doggone, 2/9/2020, 9:26
2/9/2020, 9:20 Link to this post Send Email to doggone   Send PM to doggone
 
RickWells Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1037
Reply | Quote
Re:


I just received it so haven't listened enough to rate individual tracks but with first listens I can say I greatly prefer this to Infinite. I need more listens to figure how it rates overall. But at this point I say great album.
2/9/2020, 19:07 Link to this post Send Email to RickWells   Send PM to RickWells
 
fdr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 08-2011
Posts: 1754
Reply | Quote
Re: WHOOSH! review


At the moment, I think Infinite had a few better highlights (Birds of prey, Surprising, All I got is you) but also 2/3 lesser moments, while the level on Whoosh is more consistent, and it's really more difficult to find drops in quality (maybe What the what?)
2/9/2020, 19:59 Link to this post Send Email to fdr   Send PM to fdr Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 





You are not logged in (login)