Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4 

 
Atle Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6045
Reply | Quote
Re:


I'm worried as well. Several posts discussing Mk Morse, and almost no mention of the other guitarist. I say, now what??

It's difficult to range the albums. A top twenty song list would include some from every album. Judging from overall impression, I would say something like this:

1 Now What
2 Purpendicular
3 Infinite
4 Abandon
5 Rapture Of The Deep
6 Bananas


---
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
- Albert Einstein
19/4/2020, 2:24 Link to this post Send Email to Atle   Send PM to Atle Blog
 
Witchy Nightmare Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 03-2005
Posts: 3332
Reply | Quote
Re:


Corona or whatever hasn't changed my view on the Morse era albums. For me, the only one which stands out is Now What?! But this one really stands out. To my ears it's the best DP album since Perfect Strangers and the most progressive one since Burn. Songwriting wise I consider it being by far the best DP sine Blackmore album, with Airey continuing the legacy of Blackmore, Glover and Coverdale.

Judging from the snippets which could be heard from the upcoming album, it seems that this won't come close to NW for me.

So no list from me, sorry to those for whom it's all about lists.
19/4/2020, 11:20 Link to this post Send Email to Witchy Nightmare   Send PM to Witchy Nightmare
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6287
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

snakehead wrote:

Isn't a change of taste an early sign of the virus?



This wont be the case, because virus is causing losing the taste. His taste got actually better and more sensitive. emoticon He finally discovered the quality of MkMorse albums which opens him a brand new world! emoticon



Some things never change mate your still a patronising opinionated twatemoticon
Whole new world you say ? GTF!!! Ive been listening to DP and hard rock and Heavy metal since long before you were born.
All i said was that i have an appreciation for MK Morse DP now that i perhaps didn't have before.
Its not a life changing revelation mate emoticon
 I still have the same opinion on SM ie Brilliant guitarist but very unimaginative much of the time when it comes to solos in DP,some awesome stuff for sure,but also a lot of dull repetitive stuff too.
Although i do enjoy SMs take on some of the classics eg Fools,WABMC and POH,having said that I still think MK Morse are light years behind Blackmore/Lord driven DP and that will NEVER change . emoticon
19/4/2020, 15:09 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 756
Reply | Quote
Re:


I don't know what order I wod rate the MK Morse albums.
Purpendicular certainly is a 75% great album.
NW maybe 50%, Infinite 40%.
Abandon less, and Bananas and ROTD are bottom of the pile.

Certainly P and NW could have been even better if they were 45-50 minute albums. Nothing could save ROTD.
19/4/2020, 17:44 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 3266
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

snakehead wrote:

Isn't a change of taste an early sign of the virus?



This wont be the case, because virus is causing losing the taste. His taste got actually better and more sensitive. emoticon He finally discovered the quality of MkMorse albums which opens him a brand new world! emoticon



Some things never change mate your still a patronising opinionated twatemoticon
Whole new world you say ? GTF!!! Ive been listening to DP and hard rock and Heavy metal since long before you were born.
All i said was that i have an appreciation for MK Morse DP now that i perhaps didn't have before.
Its not a life changing revelation mate emoticon
 I still have the same opinion on SM ie Brilliant guitarist but very unimaginative much of the time when it comes to solos in DP,some awesome stuff for sure,but also a lot of dull repetitive stuff too.
Although i do enjoy SMs take on some of the classics eg Fools,WABMC and POH,having said that I still think MK Morse are light years behind Blackmore/Lord driven DP and that will NEVER change . emoticon



It was just a friendly funny poke - I tried to make it obvious by smiles, but it didnt work obviously. Sad.
20/4/2020, 15:09 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
JSA1 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 1105
Reply | Quote
Re: rediscovering MK Morse DP


I would rank Bananas, Rapture and Purpendicular as the top three MKMorse albums. I enjoy Purp just a wee bit over the others, but I think that those two are just as good or better. I'll drop down a bit for Now What, Abandon and Infinite. I like Now What in a close one over Abandon and Infinite with those two on about the same level. I think Abandon could have been shortened up somewhat and maybe it would be up there with my top picks.

Either way, Purpendicular because it was fresh and new and Bananas and Rapture because I think that they had solidified as a band. Those two albums were solid start to finish.
20/4/2020, 15:49 Link to this post Send Email to JSA1   Send PM to JSA1
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6287
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

snakehead wrote:

Isn't a change of taste an early sign of the virus?



This wont be the case, because virus is causing losing the taste. His taste got actually better and more sensitive. emoticon He finally discovered the quality of MkMorse albums which opens him a brand new world! emoticon



Some things never change mate your still a patronising opinionated twatemoticon
Whole new world you say ? GTF!!! Ive been listening to DP and hard rock and Heavy metal since long before you were born.
All i said was that i have an appreciation for MK Morse DP now that i perhaps didn't have before.
Its not a life changing revelation mate emoticon
 I still have the same opinion on SM ie Brilliant guitarist but very unimaginative much of the time when it comes to solos in DP,some awesome stuff for sure,but also a lot of dull repetitive stuff too.
Although i do enjoy SMs take on some of the classics eg Fools,WABMC and POH,having said that I still think MK Morse are light years behind Blackmore/Lord driven DP and that will NEVER change . emoticon



It was just a friendly funny poke - I tried to make it obvious by smiles, but it didnt work obviously. Sad.



It seems I misunderstood you and that you were actually joking in which case I apologise ptr.
My only excuse is that given our rather colourful history on this forum its not too much of a stretch to have taken what you said out of context.
Just a wee hint from an ageing scotsman though, if you make a statement and somebody picks you up the wrong way,then generally you would apologise and explain what you actually meant to say,you most certainly wouldn't end your explanation with a dig at that person by saying "Sad"!
20/4/2020, 17:56 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
fdr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 08-2011
Posts: 1754
Reply | Quote
Re: rediscovering MK Morse DP


I missed you both emoticon
Hope you and everyone else here is coping well with this situation.
20/4/2020, 20:08 Link to this post Send Email to fdr   Send PM to fdr Blog
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6287
Reply | Quote
Re: rediscovering MK Morse DP


quote:

fdr wrote:

I missed you both emoticon
Hope you and everyone else here is coping well with this situation.




Hey fdr hope all is well with you too 👍
Finding this situation difficult like many are throughout the globe .Worst part for me is that both my wife and I are working as normal but we have all these restrictions on our home lives 😡 Cant visit my kids or grandkids and my wife works in the community so that's a worry too. Bizzare thing is the whole uk is supposed to be in lockdown but currently 15000 people landing at airports here every day with no testing or quarantine ?? Dont know what is actually going on but it seems to me like a huge social control experiment?? Many conspiracy theories but this is not really the place to discuss such things.Stay safe everyone even you ptr 👍😃
20/4/2020, 21:42 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
purpelaar Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 06-2007
Posts: 552
Reply | Quote
Re:


drugs are bad
22/4/2020, 23:57 Link to this post Send Email to purpelaar   Send PM to purpelaar
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4 





You are not logged in (login)