Runboard.com
Слава Україні!
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

 
nyfan2 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2018
Posts: 148
Reply | Quote
Steve Vai worships at altar of Blackmore


https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/steve_vai_names_guitarist_who_mesmerized_him_as_a_kid_explains_why_he_doesnt_play_the_blues.html

Hey Steve....we all do!!emoticonemoticon

Last edited by nyfan2, 28/8/2019, 12:50
27/8/2019, 23:25 Link to this post Send Email to nyfan2   Send PM to nyfan2 Blog
 
Desperateheart Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2013
Posts: 2280
Reply | Quote
Re: Steve Vai worships at alter of Blackmore


never heard him mention RB until the documentary, strange given his gushing,

ditto Lukather on the dvd
28/8/2019, 11:19 Link to this post Send Email to Desperateheart   Send PM to Desperateheart Blog
 
Discotec Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2019
Posts: 67
Reply | Quote
Re: Steve Vai worships at altar of Blackmore


Steve Vai showmanship is what Deep Purple needs on stage to offset Ian Gillan voice when he has bad day. 🙂
9/9/2019, 0:34 Link to this post Send Email to Discotec   Send PM to Discotec Blog
 
JSA1 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 1122
Reply | Quote
Re: Steve Vai worships at altar of Blackmore


quote:

Discotec wrote:

Steve Vai showmanship is what Deep Purple needs on stage to offset Ian Gillan voice when he has bad day. 🙂



He'd play in every show. emoticon
9/9/2019, 23:10 Link to this post Send Email to JSA1   Send PM to JSA1
 
Discotec Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2019
Posts: 67
Reply | Quote
Re: Steve Vai worships at altar of Blackmore


quote:

JSA1 wrote:

quote:

Discotec wrote:

Steve Vai showmanship is what Deep Purple needs on stage to offset Ian Gillan voice when he has bad day. 🙂



He'd play in every show. emoticon



Yes, and that would be awesome!!!

🤘
10/9/2019, 10:11 Link to this post Send Email to Discotec   Send PM to Discotec Blog
 
Blackmaple Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2015
Posts: 133
Reply | Quote
Re: Steve Vai worships at altar of Blackmore


Vai has often said very positive things about Blackmore. He did a really good version of Highway Star for DP tribute album, but the one from Bonamassa was included instead (in my opinion the weaker of the two).

Bonamassa said that it was a really hard song to play... which is also giving praise. I thought his guitar sounded thin and weedy. Keyboards were great though.
12/9/2019, 10:40 Link to this post Send Email to Blackmaple   Send PM to Blackmaple Blog
 
Perfectly Strange Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 01-2013
Posts: 691
Reply | Quote
Re: Steve Vai worships at altar of Blackmore


quote:

Blackmaple wrote:

Vai has often said very positive things about Blackmore. He did a really good version of Highway Star for DP tribute album, but the one from Bonamassa was included instead (in my opinion the weaker of the two).

Bonamassa said that it was a really hard song to play... which is also giving praise. I thought his guitar sounded thin and weedy. Keyboards were great though.



Are you sure? (copyright Gillan)
Re-machined had 2 versions of highway star. The Chickenfoot version and Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith & Steve Vai version.
12/9/2019, 12:55 Link to this post Send Email to Perfectly Strange   Send PM to Perfectly Strange Blog
 
Discotec Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2019
Posts: 67
Reply | Quote
Re: Steve Vai worships at altar of Blackmore


Bored?

Watch this..

https://youtu.be/iuioNlIkB1M
13/9/2019, 15:27 Link to this post Send Email to Discotec   Send PM to Discotec Blog
 


Reply





You are not logged in (login)