Runboard.com
Слава Україні!
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 10  11  12 

 
Witchy Nightmare Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 03-2005
Posts: 3336
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

Big J wrote:

I Belong To Glasgow


Great!

(Ritchie would be proud of him. emoticon)

24/11/2017, 12:16 Link to this post Send Email to Witchy Nightmare   Send PM to Witchy Nightmare
 
David Meadows Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

The Fountain Of Useless Knowledge

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 5670
Reply | Quote
Re: Painful and Embarrassing


(Edit: never mind, deleted the content because it didn't add anything worthwhile to the discussion and looked like I might be having a dig at another member.)

Last edited by David Meadows, 24/11/2017, 13:40


---
"Music, shorn of labels and standing alone, when it is conceived, composed and performed with love and integrity, can elevate us all."
Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
24/11/2017, 13:37 Link to this post Send Email to David Meadows   Send PM to David Meadows
 
David Meadows Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

The Fountain Of Useless Knowledge

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 5670
Reply | Quote
Re: Painful and Embarrassing


quote:

Big J wrote:
Europe were very good, but got little back from the audience. John Norum was superb.



It felt like Europe were getting much better audience responses in other venues, so I'm not sure why Glasgow felt a little flat. I'm pretty sure they've been swapping the set list around a bit each night (but sorry, I don't know their music well enough to give details) so maybe that made a difference.



---
"Music, shorn of labels and standing alone, when it is conceived, composed and performed with love and integrity, can elevate us all."
Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
24/11/2017, 13:47 Link to this post Send Email to David Meadows   Send PM to David Meadows
 
Concrete god Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 2457
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

Big J wrote:

quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

About Airey's role at the live shows I can't judge. Did he stop playing the same solos every time?



Yes(*). At one point I thought he was going to go into Star Wars but he didn't. His solo spot was simply stunning. Having the close-up of his hands on the big screen just added to it. Amazing musician.

* He did play a couple of Scottish tunes that he might have played before (I Belong To Glasgow and Amazing Grace) but in general I didn't feel his solo was retreading old ground.




Yes, DA is much more audible now. And plays so well, like the pro he really is.

---
ConcreteGod
24/11/2017, 14:00 Link to this post Send Email to Concrete god   Send PM to Concrete god Blog
 
Friedhelm Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 436
Reply | Quote
Re:


I haven't been here for a while. And I'm kind of shocked. Has this board changed from a DP bashing board to a DP praising board? Or am I in the wrong place? What happened?
25/11/2017, 11:21 Link to this post Send Email to Friedhelm   Send PM to Friedhelm
 
Witchy Nightmare Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 03-2005
Posts: 3336
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

Friedhelm wrote:

I haven't been here for a while. And I'm kind of shocked. Has this board changed from a DP bashing board to a DP praising board? Or am I in the wrong place? What happened?


It has become more detailed. DP consists of five individuals, and sometimes not all but some of them perform on a high level. From what I saw lately, I especially appreciate what Airey, Morse and Paice played.

So you needn't worry that your absence has morphed this board from a bashing hell to praising heaven. emoticon

25/11/2017, 13:00 Link to this post Send Email to Witchy Nightmare   Send PM to Witchy Nightmare
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6291
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

Friedhelm wrote:

I haven't been here for a while. And I'm kind of shocked. Has this board changed from a DP bashing board to a DP praising board? Or am I in the wrong place? What happened?


It has become more detailed. DP consists of five individuals, and sometimes not all but some of them perform on a high level. From what I saw lately, I especially appreciate what Airey, Morse and Paice played.

So you needn't worry that your absence has morphed this board from a bashing hell to praising heaven. emoticon




Well let me see where will i start ?
I chose not to attend any gigs on this tour just i have chosen not to attend since 2011.Why? because quite simply this band do not appeal to me anymore .
I watched the BBC show and have seen many clips from this tor and they all confirm that i made the correct decision for me!!
Instrumentally the band are still very good SM and DA are brilliant musicians no doubt and Paicey seems to have lifted it a bit for this tour (maybe because its the last?).Gillan though is BLOODY AWFUL!!!.
I remember when he was fired back in the 80s and during one of the arguments he had banged his fist on the table and said are we a rock band or what?Well today the answer is very much OR WHAT??
25/11/2017, 17:03 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
PaulJacklin Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 10-2011
Posts: 84
Reply | Quote
Re: Painful and Embarrassing


Another original post from LiB

Says the same thing for the 1,567,876 time

What a boring sad existence s/he must lead. I don't like Little Mix either and guess what I never go on their fan forums

25/11/2017, 17:41 Link to this post Send Email to PaulJacklin   Send PM to PaulJacklin Blog
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 756
Reply | Quote
Re: Painful and Embarrassing


quote:

PaulJacklin wrote:

Another original post from LiB

Says the same thing for the 1,567,876 time

What a boring sad existence s/he must lead. I don't like Little Mix either and guess what I never go on their fan forums




We saw DP last Friday, and then took our 7 year old daughter to see Little Mix on the Saturday.
25/11/2017, 19:26 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 756
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

Friedhelm wrote:

I haven't been here for a while. And I'm kind of shocked. Has this board changed from a DP bashing board to a DP praising board? Or am I in the wrong place? What happened?


It has become more detailed. DP consists of five individuals, and sometimes not all but some of them perform on a high level. From what I saw lately, I especially appreciate what Airey, Morse and Paice played.

So you needn't worry that your absence has morphed this board from a bashing hell to praising heaven. emoticon




Well let me see where will i start ?
I chose not to attend any gigs on this tour just i have chosen not to attend since 2011.Why? because quite simply this band do not appeal to me anymore .
I watched the BBC show and have seen many clips from this tor and they all confirm that i made the correct decision for me!!
Instrumentally the band are still very good SM and DA are brilliant musicians no doubt and Paicey seems to have lifted it a bit for this tour (maybe because its the last?).Gillan though is BLOODY AWFUL!!!.
I remember when he was fired back in the 80s and during one of the arguments he had banged his fist on the table and said are we a rock band or what?Well today the answer is very much OR WHAT??



I must admit to being surprised at such positive comments here regarding the BBC set. It was flat and plodding but most worrying was SM on that evening. Easily the worst I have seen him play. Much better in Birmingham
25/11/2017, 19:31 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 10  11  12 





You are not logged in (login)