Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3 ... 5  6  7 

 
Randys Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 3115
Reply | Quote
Re: Who owns the name and who has the power in Deep Purple?


Some people says when Gillan or Steve retires it's the END.

If that's the case, the 3 out of 7 members ruling does 'not' exist, it's a myth. It's like saying that Blackmore, Coverdale and Hughes does not have the right to use the name Deep Purple, if thats the case then Gillan really owns the name. There is no 3 out of 7.

That ruling should be updated to any 3 of Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Paice, Morse, Simper, Airey, Satriani, Coverdale, Hughes....

That's my humble opinion.
20/8/2018, 15:30 Link to this post Send Email to Randys   Send PM to Randys
 
MadridPurple Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2018
Posts: 27
Reply | Quote
Re: Who owns the name and who has the power in Deep Purple?


Interesting article here about a legal battle between Blackmore and Paice for the rights to the Deep Purple name. I guess this completely rules out any potential reunion as well.

[sign in to see URL]
6/10/2018, 7:52 Link to this post Send Email to MadridPurple   Send PM to MadridPurple Blog
 
purpletemple Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 8863
Reply | Quote
Re: Who owns the name and who has the power in Deep Purple?


quote:

MadridPurple wrote:

Interesting article here about a legal battle between Blackmore and Paice for the rights to the Deep Purple name. I guess this completely rules out any potential reunion as well.

[sign in to see URL]



So does that mean it belongs to Paice or to the current Deep Purple?
I can't say I'm familiar with those legal terms...



---
"Did you know you have hairs up your nostrils?"
6/10/2018, 9:53 Link to this post Send Email to purpletemple   Send PM to purpletemple
 
Atle Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6027
Reply | Quote
Re: Who owns the name and who has the power in Deep Purple?


quote:

purpletemple wrote:

quote:

MadridPurple wrote:

Interesting article here about a legal battle between Blackmore and Paice for the rights to the Deep Purple name. I guess this completely rules out any potential reunion as well.

[sign in to see URL]



So does that mean it belongs to Paice or to the current Deep Purple?
I can't say I'm familiar with those legal terms...



According to the article, the name isn't registered. Gotta mean nobody owns it. Or said in other words, the band own it's own name, by existing. As long as the current members are keeping the band alive, the name Deep Purple is taken. Nobody else can claim ownership.


Now it ain't gonna happen that Gillan and Paice quits and the rest says "we'll replace'em and keep going". But if so, they could legaly do that, unless Gillan or Paice officially breaks up the band instead of simply leaving. In case of break up, I don't think Morse/Airey/Glover could restart it again, but even if Double-Ian quits, they rest could keep it going with new members. Don't think they would, but they could.
 
If the audience and media would accept the new line-up as Deep Purple is a different question. One seen before, as the debate is still running over Mk V - was this more Rainbow then Deep Purple? JLT may have been great at much, but he wasn't Deep Purple. It didn't really work. Conclusions were drawn back then that only Ian Gillan can be the singer of Deep Purple, and he was brought back for good.
Paice has never been replaced and never will. Legally it could, but that ain't happening.

I believe if any band member has something to say to the others, they are all listening. They're all important in the band.

Funny thing we discuss writing music, as this music was rarely written anywhere. Other people may have written the notes down later, but Deep Purple (almost) never wrote music. It was created directly through playing and they kept it in their minds. Only lyrics were written. So who created the music? They all did. Each created their own parts. Therefor the all-in credit used in the seventies was a very fair agreement.



---
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
- Albert Einstein
8/10/2018, 0:37 Link to this post Send Email to Atle   Send PM to Atle Blog
 
purpletemple Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 8863
Reply | Quote
Re: Who owns the name and who has the power in Deep Purple?


quote:

Atle wrote:

quote:

purpletemple wrote:

quote:

MadridPurple wrote:

Interesting article here about a legal battle between Blackmore and Paice for the rights to the Deep Purple name. I guess this completely rules out any potential reunion as well.

[sign in to see URL]



So does that mean it belongs to Paice or to the current Deep Purple?
I can't say I'm familiar with those legal terms...



According to the article, the name isn't registered. Gotta mean nobody owns it. Or said in other words, the band own it's own name, by existing. As long as the current members are keeping the band alive, the name Deep Purple is taken. Nobody else can claim ownership.


Now it ain't gonna happen that Gillan and Paice quits and the rest says "we'll replace'em and keep going". But if so, they could legaly do that, unless Gillan or Paice officially breaks up the band instead of simply leaving. In case of break up, I don't think Morse/Airey/Glover could restart it again, but even if Double-Ian quits, they rest could keep it going with new members. Don't think they would, but they could.
 
If the audience and media would accept the new line-up as Deep Purple is a different question. One seen before, as the debate is still running over Mk V - was this more Rainbow then Deep Purple? JLT may have been great at much, but he wasn't Deep Purple. It didn't really work. Conclusions were drawn back then that only Ian Gillan can be the singer of Deep Purple, and he was brought back for good.
Paice has never been replaced and never will. Legally it could, but that ain't happening.

I believe if any band member has something to say to the others, they are all listening. They're all important in the band.

Funny thing we discuss writing music, as this music was rarely written anywhere. Other people may have written the notes down later, but Deep Purple (almost) never wrote music. It was created directly through playing and they kept it in their minds. Only lyrics were written. So who created the music? They all did. Each created their own parts. Therefor the all-in credit used in the seventies was a very fair agreement.




Thanx for that!



---
"Did you know you have hairs up your nostrils?"
9/10/2018, 7:43 Link to this post Send Email to purpletemple   Send PM to purpletemple
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 ... 5  6  7 





You are not logged in (login)