Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

 
RatBatBlu Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2012
Posts: 6675
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Disciples to release album


Me too to an extent but at the same time, it was cool having those versions of songs all in one place.
4/5/2018, 14:01 Link to this post Send Email to RatBatBlu   Send PM to RatBatBlu Blog
 
Perfectly Strange Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 01-2013
Posts: 392
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

purpletemple wrote:

At one point RJD was pretty pissed about everything that had to do with Ritchie & Rainbow...

I mean the way he speaks about [sign in to see URL] on!

[url][sign in to see URL]

Always thought RJD was talking cr*p in this interview. He's singing for longer than RB is soloing on both LITB & Stargazer
4/5/2018, 17:01 Link to this post Send Email to Perfectly Strange   Send PM to Perfectly Strange Blog
 
Early Eighties fan Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 11-2015
Posts: 202
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

Perfectly Strange wrote:

quote:

purpletemple wrote:

At one point RJD was pretty pissed about everything that had to do with Ritchie & Rainbow...

I mean the way he speaks about [sign in to see URL] on!

[url][sign in to see URL]

Always thought RJD was talking cr*p in this interview. He's singing for longer than RB is soloing on both LITB & Stargazer



Yes, he looks drunk and bitter in that one, the crack about RB`s marriages is below the belt IMO, not necessary, and the public want to hear the "Love Affair" stuff anyway, RB knew this. However in his own way Dio (band and man) became commercial later on, they were popping up on TOTP`s in the early to mid 80`s, and I can`t recall seeing Rainbow on TOTP`s after 1981.....? They just differed on how far to change sound/material to get the commercial result IMO, and RB has always said that for him it is really about strong melodies not lyrics.

19/5/2018, 14:44 Link to this post Send Email to Early Eighties fan   Send PM to Early Eighties fan Blog
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5908
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

Early Eighties fan wrote:

quote:

Perfectly Strange wrote:

quote:

purpletemple wrote:

At one point RJD was pretty pissed about everything that had to do with Ritchie & Rainbow...

I mean the way he speaks about [sign in to see URL] on!

[url][sign in to see URL]

Always thought RJD was talking cr*p in this interview. He's singing for longer than RB is soloing on both LITB & Stargazer



Yes, he looks drunk and bitter in that one, the crack about RB`s marriages is below the belt IMO, not necessary, and the public want to hear the "Love Affair" stuff anyway, RB knew this. However in his own way Dio (band and man) became commercial later on, they were popping up on TOTP`s in the early to mid 80`s, and I can`t recall seeing Rainbow on TOTP`s after 1981.....? They just differed on how far to change sound/material to get the commercial result IMO, and RB has always said that for him it is really about strong melodies not lyrics.





Ive seen RJD perform live many times but never met him .
I have also heard and read many reports on him being really nice to fans etc (he tells you that himself!!)
I have to say though that he comes across as a bitter spiteful wee man here.
Heres the thing Ronnie DONT tell your fans that the albums they love eg Rising are self indulgent !@#$!!
Hes also had plenty of !@#$ to throw at Viv Campbell and the Sabbath guys too over the [sign in to see URL] a "nice" guy he does a good impression of being an asshole

22/5/2018, 5:51 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
RatBatBlu Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2012
Posts: 6675
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Disciples to release album


Well he was Italian. Loyal to a fault until you crossed him and then when/if you do, watch out. I've met him numerous times and even had dinner with him. He's always been nothing but friendly, open and gracious to me but again, I've never worked with him and thankfully never crossed him like others have.
22/5/2018, 18:24 Link to this post Send Email to RatBatBlu   Send PM to RatBatBlu Blog
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5908
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Disciples to release album


quote:

RatBatBlu wrote:

Well he was Italian. Loyal to a fault until you crossed him and then when/if you do, watch out. I've met him numerous times and even had dinner with him. He's always been nothing but friendly, open and gracious to me but again, I've never worked with him and thankfully never crossed him like others have.



we all have our faults RBB emoticon

Not sure really what his beef with Blackers was though ?The way i understand it was that Ritchie wanted to change the direction of the band, ie try and make some money and become more commercial, but then it was his band to do so if he wanted [sign in to see URL] didn't want to change his writing style to fit in with that change so his tenure [sign in to see URL] the bitterness ?
22/5/2018, 18:50 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
nyfan Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 05-2010
Posts: 680
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Disciples to release album


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

RatBatBlu wrote:

Well he was Italian. Loyal to a fault until you crossed him and then when/if you do, watch out. I've met him numerous times and even had dinner with him. He's always been nothing but friendly, open and gracious to me but again, I've never worked with him and thankfully never crossed him like others have.



we all have our faults RBB emoticon

Not sure really what his beef with Blackers was though ?The way i understand it was that Ritchie wanted to change the direction of the band, ie try and make some money and become more commercial, but then it was his band to do so if he wanted [sign in to see URL] didn't want to change his writing style to fit in with that change so his tenure [sign in to see URL] the bitterness ?



Thats that upstate NY mantra speak your mind from a traditional old-school Italian guy!! RJD must have been pissed about something with RB at the time, but he's also given tons of credit to RB along the way. Even thanked RB on the Devil You Know [sign in to see URL] RJD some slack!!
23/5/2018, 0:35 Link to this post Send Email to nyfan   Send PM to nyfan
 
Desperateheart Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2013
Posts: 2162
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Disciples to release album


Well, he was sacked from Rainbow and came out with little financial benefit from his 3 year tenure, so some bitterness is unsurprising. That faded in later years with his success with firstly Sabbath and then his own band.
23/5/2018, 10:51 Link to this post Send Email to Desperateheart   Send PM to Desperateheart Blog
 
niji Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1119
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Disciples to release album


Ronnie had two sides. One was extremely polite and then there was this other side. Both equally unbalanced.

Over the years he seemed to hate everyone he ever worked with at one point or [sign in to see URL], Tony, Geezer, Vivian, Vinny and Cozy.

He got married during his last year in Rainbow and his focus changed. And Ritchie was struggling to make Rainbow profitable.
23/5/2018, 17:21 Link to this post Send Email to niji   Send PM to niji
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5908
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Disciples to release album


quote:

Desperateheart wrote:

Well, he was sacked from Rainbow and came out with little financial benefit from his 3 year tenure, so some bitterness is unsurprising. That faded in later years with his success with firstly Sabbath and then his own band.



Well you say that but that interview was done just after he had left Sabbath for the 2nd time, by which times he had made plenty of money as he'd been through the most successful commercial period of his career, and he still comes across as a very bitter wee man .
He got little financial benefit from Rainbow you say ?well neither did Ritchie nor any of the other members at that time, in fact Ritchie lost a lot of money !! which is why he had to change the bands direction .
He was rightfully replaced because he refused to write the way Ritchie required him to.
23/5/2018, 20:31 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 





You are not logged in (login)