Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

 
Concrete god Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 1846
Reply | Quote
Re: Alice Cooper is literally kicked DP's behind on this tour


But the guys here are the Gillan moaners no doubt...
27/8/2017, 7:52 Link to this post Send Email to Concrete god   Send PM to Concrete god Blog
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 300
Reply | Quote
Re: Alice Cooper is literally kicked DP's behind on this tour


quote:

Concrete god wrote:

But the guys here are the Gillan moaners no doubt...



Just asked a question, certainly not intended to upset you. I have seen 1000's of shows and can honestly say the only singer to consistently struggle tour after tour is IG.
Again if this has upset you I can only apologise.
27/8/2017, 8:37 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2907
Reply | Quote
Re:


Leelyt question should be put into context - how many singers perform so many shows as IG with DP and sometimes even without DP?
27/8/2017, 8:51 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 300
Reply | Quote
Re:


I thought that IG said that the more he sings the better his voice is? So the more concerts that he plays the less it should happen, using IG's own words?
27/8/2017, 9:11 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
mcpurplemk2 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 02-2005
Posts: 749
Reply | Quote
Re:


Having seen Europe a few times recently I feel they could give DP a run for their money here in the UK in November. I have a feeling a lot of people will be surprised how good they are and its not just about the final countdown.
27/8/2017, 9:35 Link to this post Send Email to mcpurplemk2   Send PM to mcpurplemk2
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2907
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

leelyt wrote:

I thought that IG said that the more he sings the better his voice is? So the more concerts that he plays the less it should happen, using IG's own words?



He said that he has to sing, because without singing (or using any muscle) the vocals are getting worse (and muscle getting weaker).

It´s purely about matter of probability. When you are touring let´s say 20 gigs per year in 40 days, it´s pretty much bad luck when you get sick, but still it can happen.... When you are touring let´s say 70 gigs in let´s say 150 days throughout the year on places with various climate conditions, it´s pretty much probable that you will get sick.
27/8/2017, 9:37 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 300
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

leelyt wrote:

I thought that IG said that the more he sings the better his voice is? So the more concerts that he plays the less it should happen, using IG's own words?



He said that he has to sing, because without singing (or using any muscle) the vocals are getting worse (and muscle getting weaker).

It´s purely about matter of probability. When you are touring let´s say 20 gigs per year in 40 days, it´s pretty much bad luck when you get sick, but still it can happen.... When you are touring let´s say 70 gigs in let´s say 150 days throughout the year on places with various climate conditions, it´s pretty much probable that you will get sick.



That is a fair point, but surely this would affect other singers too? My question was simply why does it affect IG more than other singers?
27/8/2017, 9:44 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2907
Reply | Quote
Re:


I think that difference is that when Jagger get sick, they cancel their shows.... DP dont. Partly I agree that it´s mistake.
27/8/2017, 9:52 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 300
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

ptr wrote:

I think that difference is that when Jagger get sick, they cancel their shows.... DP dont. Partly I agree that it´s mistake.



If the show is cancelled it is either rearranged, or refunds given. Surely that is better than attending a show when the singer is unlistenable?
27/8/2017, 10:23 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
Concrete god Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 1846
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

mcpurplemk2 wrote:

Having seen Europe a few times recently I feel they could give DP a run for their money here in the UK in November. I have a feeling a lot of people will be surprised how good they are and its not just about the final countdown.



That is true. Europe are good these days, much heavier.
27/8/2017, 11:19 Link to this post Send Email to Concrete god   Send PM to Concrete god Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 





You are not logged in (login)