Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3 ... 7  8  9 

 
JSA1 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 747
Reply | Quote
Re: Perfect Strangers Alpine Valley 1985


'She had rockets strapped to her thighs and in between was the vortex...' emoticon Seriously? IG, 70+ going on 16. You have to listen to this once just to believe it. Oy! emoticon
27/7/2017, 15:24 Link to this post Send Email to JSA1   Send PM to JSA1
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2931
Reply | Quote
Re:


Are we really shocked by this in case of guy who wrote lyrics for Knocking At Your Back Door (for example)?
27/7/2017, 17:49 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
JSA1 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 747
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

ptr wrote:

Are we really shocked by this in case of guy who wrote lyrics for Knocking At Your Back Door (for example)?



At least KAYBD was a song, although kind of stupid lyrics, in a way. Besides, that was over thirty years ago. This is just Gillan yappin' in front of Morse. The whole thing is cringe-worthy. If anyone wants to check it out, it is during SKOW and listed as 'Gillan recites'. Bad, bad, bad and sad, sad, sad. emoticon
27/7/2017, 18:02 Link to this post Send Email to JSA1   Send PM to JSA1
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 355
Reply | Quote
Re: Perfect Strangers Alpine Valley 1985


A complete low point for DP. a man in his 70's embarrassing himself in this way.
28/7/2017, 7:27 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
Desperateheart Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2013
Posts: 2016
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

JSA1 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

Are we really shocked by this in case of guy who wrote lyrics for Knocking At Your Back Door (for example)?



At least KAYBD was a song, although kind of stupid lyrics, in a way. Besides, that was over thirty years ago. This is just Gillan yappin' in front of Morse. The whole thing is cringe-worthy. If anyone wants to check it out, it is during SKOW and listed as 'Gillan recites'. Bad, bad, bad and sad, sad, sad. emoticon



during which dvd/live performance ?

28/7/2017, 10:31 Link to this post Send Email to Desperateheart   Send PM to Desperateheart Blog
 
JSA1 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 747
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

Desperateheart wrote:

quote:

JSA1 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

Are we really shocked by this in case of guy who wrote lyrics for Knocking At Your Back Door (for example)?



At least KAYBD was a song, although kind of stupid lyrics, in a way. Besides, that was over thirty years ago. This is just Gillan yappin' in front of Morse. The whole thing is cringe-worthy. If anyone wants to check it out, it is during SKOW and listed as 'Gillan recites'. Bad, bad, bad and sad, sad, sad. emoticon



during which dvd/live performance ?



Any one from the Long Goodbye Tour on Youtube. Some wont' show the track list, but the sets seem to run in close to the same order. It is pretty grim. emoticon
28/7/2017, 14:30 Link to this post Send Email to JSA1   Send PM to JSA1
 
purpelaar Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 06-2007
Posts: 456
Reply | Quote
Re: Perfect Strangers Alpine Valley 1985


 JSA1
Purple fan

"It is true that we expected Gillan to be the front-man, but at that time his voice was baked. .
20/7/2017, 13:54

Untrue.
I wrote it on an other thread as well :
Gillan improved steadily after the PS tour and was fine during 1988-1990.

3/9/2017, 21:31 Link to this post Send Email to purpelaar   Send PM to purpelaar
 
purpelaar Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 06-2007
Posts: 456
Reply | Quote
Re: Perfect Strangers Alpine Valley 1985


That emberassing stuff by Gillan at the end of SKOW....
I do have a neighbour of 87 years old who also thinks he can get away with all kinds of banalities.
Verbal and non verbal in public.
He even gets angry at me when I say he is degrading himself.


Suddenly I m a snob and a loser.

3/9/2017, 21:50 Link to this post Send Email to purpelaar   Send PM to purpelaar
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 ... 7  8  9 





You are not logged in (login)