Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo






runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3 

 
doggone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1943
Reply | Quote
Proof that the Music scene in the USA sucks


The more I listen to Doogie White, the more impressed I am by his Vocals, and sense of Humor onstage. If this was the 1960's or 1970's he would be a very big star in the States, but because of the way Record Companies only push mass produced, machine enhanced, talentless music here, he probably will never really get the chance, or big push that he deserves.
11/7/2004, 0:58 Link to this post Send Email to doggone   Send PM to doggone
 
BlackerThanNight Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 1600
Reply | Quote
Re: Proof that the Music scene in the USA sucks


quote:

doggone wrote:

The more I listen to Doogie White, the more impressed I am by his Vocals, and sense of Humor onstage. If this was the 1960's or 1970's he would be a very big star in the States, but because of the way Record Companies only push mass produced, machine enhanced, talentless music here, he probably will never really get the chance, or big push that he deserves.



Doogie White is really really good, he's a fantastic singer whose time will come, eventually! He'll be the next Dio or infact probably better, because he sounds like Dio now, only he's 30 years younger so he'll just get better.

The music scene everywhere SUCKS !
14/7/2004, 23:16 Link to this post Send Email to BlackerThanNight   Send PM to BlackerThanNight
 
Rahul Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6181
Reply | Quote
Re: Proof that the Music scene in the USA sucks


I've had Stranger In Us All in my car stereo this week. It is an excellent record. Gets better everytime I hear it! The singing is great, and Blackmore's playing is far improved than on the Battle Rages On album!

I think Doogie was a great choice. Didn't he narrowly miss out on the Iron Maiden post?

When you look at bands like the Darkness, I think Justin has got nothing on Doogie. I guess its the image that helps!

Ever thought of wearing spandex, Doogie, if you're reading this? emoticon

---
We're here for a good time, not for a long time!
15/7/2004, 16:08 Link to this post Send Email to Rahul   Send PM to Rahul
 
BlackerThanNight Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 1600
Reply | Quote
Re: Proof that the Music scene in the USA sucks


quote:

Rahul wrote:

I've had Stranger In Us All in my car stereo this week. It is an excellent record. Gets better everytime I hear it! The singing is great, and Blackmore's playing is far improved than on the Battle Rages On album!

I think Doogie was a great choice. Didn't he narrowly miss out on the Iron Maiden post?

When you look at bands like the Darkness, I think Justin has got nothing on Doogie. I guess its the image that helps!

Ever thought of wearing spandex, Doogie, if you're reading this? emoticon



Apparently he did just miss out on Iron Maiden, so he was lucky, when you think about it!

The Darkness to me sound like Led Zepplin on even more drugs they Zepplin were on ! Just like PLant / Page before them, they're ALL image and no substance. Yet another example of record industry hype working it's wonders.......and now everyone's buying their records.....now theirs a surprise. Next they'll be telling us that the guiatist from the Darkness is acutally the new "Prince of Darkness" and has a brother called Belzebub or similar and he sits up all night having sceances ! Guess what, with that line in PR every hype-gobbling-muppet in the country will buy their CD's for sure.
15/7/2004, 16:40 Link to this post Send Email to BlackerThanNight   Send PM to BlackerThanNight
 
BlackerThanNight Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 1600
Reply | Quote
Re: Proof that the Music scene in the USA sucks


quote:

BlackerThanNight wrote:

quote:

Rahul wrote:

I've had Stranger In Us All in my car stereo this week. It is an excellent record. Gets better everytime I hear it! The singing is great, and Blackmore's playing is far improved than on the Battle Rages On album!

I think Doogie was a great choice. Didn't he narrowly miss out on the Iron Maiden post?

When you look at bands like the Darkness, I think Justin has got nothing on Doogie. I guess its the image that helps!

Ever thought of wearing spandex, Doogie, if you're reading this? emoticon



Apparently he did just miss out on Iron Maiden, so he was lucky, when you think about it!

The Darkness to me sound like Led Zepplin on even more drugs they Zepplin were on ! Just like PLant / Page before them, they're ALL image and no substance. Yet another example of record industry hype working it's wonders.......and now everyone's buying their records.....now theirs a surprise. Next they'll be telling us that the guiatist from the Darkness is acutally the new "Prince of Darkness" and has a brother called Belzebub or similar and he sits up all night having sceances ! Guess what, with that line in PR every hype-gobbling-muppet in the country will buy their CD's for sure.



PS Doogie White can wipe the floor with the spandex nobber in the Darkness, Doogie is in a totally different league from that guy. Doogie actually really can sing !
15/7/2004, 16:42 Link to this post Send Email to BlackerThanNight   Send PM to BlackerThanNight
 
Rahul Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6181
Reply | Quote
Re: Proof that the Music scene in the USA sucks


quote:

BlackerThanNight wrote:

quote:

BlackerThanNight wrote:

quote:

Rahul wrote:

I've had Stranger In Us All in my car stereo this week. It is an excellent record. Gets better everytime I hear it! The singing is great, and Blackmore's playing is far improved than on the Battle Rages On album!

I think Doogie was a great choice. Didn't he narrowly miss out on the Iron Maiden post?

When you look at bands like the Darkness, I think Justin has got nothing on Doogie. I guess its the image that helps!

Ever thought of wearing spandex, Doogie, if you're reading this? emoticon



Apparently he did just miss out on Iron Maiden, so he was lucky, when you think about it!

The Darkness to me sound like Led Zepplin on even more drugs they Zepplin were on ! Just like PLant / Page before them, they're ALL image and no substance. Yet another example of record industry hype working it's wonders.......and now everyone's buying their records.....now theirs a surprise. Next they'll be telling us that the guiatist from the Darkness is acutally the new "Prince of Darkness" and has a brother called Belzebub or similar and he sits up all night having sceances ! Guess what, with that line in PR every hype-gobbling-muppet in the country will buy their CD's for sure.



PS Doogie White can wipe the floor with the spandex nobber in the Darkness, Doogie is in a totally different league from that guy. Doogie actually really can sing !



The Darkness remind me more of a poor man's Uriah Heep, with all those dodgy falsettos.

And Heep have been described as a poor man's Purple.

So if that's the case, only tramps listen to the Darkness! emoticon

Seriously though, they've done a couple of catchy tunes, but its nothing exceptional. It stands out in the charts because there is nothing quite like it at the moment. But most fans of rock music know that there was/is a hell of a lot better rock out there.

They still wouldn't have got a record deal if they were around in 1974! emoticon

---
We're here for a good time, not for a long time!
15/7/2004, 17:09 Link to this post Send Email to Rahul   Send PM to Rahul
 
BlackerThanNight Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 1600
Reply | Quote
Re: Proof that the Music scene in the USA sucks


quote:

Rahul wrote:
The Darkness remind me more of a poor man's Uriah Heep, with all those dodgy falsettos.

And Heep have been described as a poor man's Purple.

So if that's the case, only tramps listen to the Darkness! emoticon

Seriously though, they've done a couple of catchy tunes, but its nothing exceptional. It stands out in the charts because there is nothing quite like it at the moment. But most fans of rock music know that there was/is a hell of a lot better rock out there.

They still wouldn't have got a record deal if they were around in 1974! emoticon



I saw Uriah Heep first time around and at that time they were ( or at least seemed ! ) pretty good, some great songs like Gypsy what that great organ riff.

THe only good thing the Darkness might have done ( and I stress might ) is to have helped to adjust the focus from disco crap and indie rubbish towards something more rock orientated, or at leasts something that vaguely musical. Equally they might well have scared off the audiences as well! At least they attempt guitar solos een if they're not very good. All that indie rubbish is just one load of chords after another, complete drivel most of it. Give your average 17 / 18 year old a guitar these days and you get an angry twat who beats the living daylights out of his guitar, not becuase he's really angry, but because of his angst at his own total inability to play it properly! WHy is it indie bands can't play guitar solos ? I blame U2 and that non-entity of a so called guitarist "the Edge", someone shoul have taken him to a cliff at birth and shoved him over "the edge" !
15/7/2004, 18:02 Link to this post Send Email to BlackerThanNight   Send PM to BlackerThanNight
 
DouglasT Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Vocalist Par Excellance!

Registered: 02-2004
Posts: 317
Reply | Quote
posticon Re: Proof that the Music scene in the USA sucks


The more I listen to Doogie White, the more impressed I am by his Vocals, and sense of Humor onstage..

WHY THANKYOU!!! YOUR CHEQUE IS IN THE POST>
PLG
D
16/7/2004, 12:50 Link to this post Send Email to DouglasT   Send PM to DouglasT
 
BlackerThanNight Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 1600
Reply | Quote
Re: Proof that the Music scene in the USA sucks


quote:

DouglasT wrote:

The more I listen to Doogie White, the more impressed I am by his Vocals, and sense of Humor onstage..

WHY THANKYOU!!! YOUR CHEQUE IS IN THE POST>
PLG
D



I used to think yeah he's ok but to be honest the more I hear of his vocals the more obvious it is that he's not ok........he's absolutely really brilliant. I was listening to some YJM Live track last night with Doogie and the vocal is really sh1t-hot, really really good. Wonder if he's looking for a band right now ?!

I reckon now he'd give DIO a really serious run for his money and he's so much younger, whcih means he's just going to get better yet. Vote DW for el-president!
16/7/2004, 13:11 Link to this post Send Email to BlackerThanNight   Send PM to BlackerThanNight
 
Milan Fahrnholz Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 17842
Reply | Quote
Re: Proof that the Music scene in the USA sucks


I´d find it really confusing if BlackerThanNight talked to me using 3rd person. emoticon
16/7/2004, 14:26 Link to this post  
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 





You are not logged in (login)