Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3 ... 5  6  7  8 

 
BagShotBullets Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2009
Posts: 303
Reply | Quote
Re: Birmingham on CD now


quote:

highwayfrog wrote:

quote:

BagShotBullets wrote:

Hmmm, you reckon Dude.....

"The last sentence you wrote is one of the rudest things you ever wrote here. If you think you can tell Blackmore to leave the stage, I'd rather tell you something... But I won't do that. I'm happy he's still playing. If you don't like f*** off."

Read it again Dude........

"Get a grip dude you're about to see a now pensioner, once but no longer the finest player / showman ever, play a very average, even almost amateur, show with what most people seem to feel is a very average band( which I disagree with, but that's another story!) and for which you will be paying a very professional amount of ticket money for!! That's reality. "

Seems like there is a lot of reality in there:-
1) Blackmore is 72, mostly seen as a pensioner by most at that age.
2) Last Years shows were very average, by his standards.
3) You are paying professional level ticket money to see the show.

I'm not sure HighwayFrog what has upset you in any of that, except perhaps it is what is too close to actual reality for you?

Never mind Dude, you just enjoy your illusion while it lasts!



And to you: Enjoy living in your world full of hate and anger.



There's no hate or anger here at all, I don't care enough about it at all to be bothered either way really. Its amusing, in fact it's hilarious, the way Blackmore plays his fan-boys and the way they lap it up it has a morbid fascination to watch it in action.

SO HighwayFrog, your idea that there's either hate or anger here, is just another of your deluded fantasy scenarios.

What there is, is a considerable amusement at the fact that you're upset to learn that ....

1) Blackmore is 72, mostly seen as a pensioner by most at that age.
2) Last Years shows were very average, by his standards.
3) You are paying professional level ticket money to see the show.

All these being simple confirmations of what the situation actually is rather than how you'd perhaps like it to be.

But hey Dude, don't worry, be happy as the song says.
13/6/2017, 10:02 Link to this post Send Email to BagShotBullets   Send PM to BagShotBullets
 
highwayfrog Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2015
Posts: 567
Reply | Quote
Re: Birmingham on CD now


quote:

BagShotBullets wrote:1) Blackmore is 72, mostly seen as a pensioner by most at that age.
2) Last Years shows were very average, by his standards.
3) You are paying professional level ticket money to see the show.



Yeah, but what's the problem? It is what it is. And he's openly said that he has a hard time playing certain stuff because of his arthritis and gout probs. He does the best he can. And he still LOVES playing and making music. That's why he's standing on stage. He still enjoys what he does. And I think he still plays great with a lot feeling and touch. The speedy runs aren't there anymore too often, just sometimes, but that's not because he can't do it anymore, he could if he wanted, but he often said throughout the last years that he isn't into shredding and playing fast anymore. He's changed his style.



Last edited by highwayfrog, 13/6/2017, 10:17
13/6/2017, 10:16 Link to this post Send Email to highwayfrog   Send PM to highwayfrog Blog
 
Desperateheart Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2013
Posts: 2020
Reply | Quote
Re: Birmingham on CD now


It’s ok to disagree guys hey!? We all feel differently about this.
13/6/2017, 10:25 Link to this post Send Email to Desperateheart   Send PM to Desperateheart Blog
 
BagShotBullets Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2009
Posts: 303
Reply | Quote
Re: Birmingham on CD now


quote:

Desperateheart wrote:

It’s ok to disagree guys hey!? We all feel differently about this.



Absolutely I couldn't agree more, but when dealing with a zealot its more difficult, its the brainwashing that makes them hard to debate with as they fail to manage to match reality with their zeal!!

Anyway its of limited interest. I've not said there's a problem with this .......

1) Blackmore is 72, mostly seen as a pensioner by most at that age.
2) Last Years shows were very average, by his standards.
3) You are paying professional level ticket money to see the show.

I've merely been surprised that HighwayFrog thought it was at all rude and inconsiderate to point out the very obvious facts above, leading me to suppose that HF doesn't want these facts he seems to prefer the "Blackmore fantasy land" stuff. That isn't any basis upon which to exchange views!

Anyway hey ho, who cares HF is entitled to his view as I am to my own. I think these gigs will largely be a repeat of last year, but so what that's what it is and in part if not quite in whole it was very enjoyable all things considered.
13/6/2017, 13:59 Link to this post Send Email to BagShotBullets   Send PM to BagShotBullets
 
Desperateheart Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2013
Posts: 2020
Reply | Quote
Re: Birmingham on CD now


They will be I suspect and that’s fine, there were lot’s of great moments. The other fantasy i would point out is the rose tinted glasses of some, that RB the past has been a paragon of consistency, the longer ago a particular gig, the more distorted. Listening to Extra long/London 1995 recently his playing, though inspired in places, is as shoddy as ‘eck overall, and out of tune.

The 95 tour now the holy grail it seems to some over at Facebook/Here be friends, partly because a few of those dudes were closely involved with proceedings.
Granted it was good, particularly 1995 but had flaws. Ditto 1983, a number of tracks were played too fast. I for one prefer SK in 2016 rather than 1983, RB’s solos at Budokan with that awful ocatvider awful for the most part.



Last edited by Desperateheart, 14/6/2017, 12:21
13/6/2017, 15:29 Link to this post Send Email to Desperateheart   Send PM to Desperateheart Blog
 
mtb7 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 635
Reply | Quote
Re:


Agree fully, DH!
RB has never been a role model in terms of consistency, we have often spoken about his stage behaviour being very dependant on who knows what night after night, and the playing followed suit - sometimes showmanship would mask uninspired playing, sometimes excellent playing would prevent acrobatics, and sometimes both would be off. This was all about taking chances - if anything at all has changed over the last 20 years, it's that attitude - in 2016, he played it much safer and was much more consistent across the shows, which can be either a good or a bad thing depending on how you view it, but is quite apparent to me.
Having said that, don't rule out some changes in 2017 - for example, I doubt he is as uninterested in modern technology (i.e. the internet) as he pretends to [sign in to see URL] may have taken some advice and comments that came from the web seriously. Does not mean a night-and-day difference, but I see the potential for more refined shows, and more moments where he lets go and just plays, whereas last year my feeling was that keeping it all glued together reasonably well took too much of the band's energy and focus away.
To all of you who are going, have fun!
13/6/2017, 15:44 Link to this post Send Email to mtb7   Send PM to mtb7 Blog
 
BagShotBullets Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2009
Posts: 303
Reply | Quote
Re: Birmingham on CD now


quote:

Desperateheart wrote:

They will be I suspect and that’s fine, there were lot’s of great moments. The other fantasy i would point out is the rose tinted glasses of some, that RB the past has been a paragon of consistency, the longer ago a particular gig, the more distorted. Listening to Extra long/London 1995 recently his playing, though inspired in places, is as shoddy as ‘eck overall, and out of tune.

The 95 tour now the holy grail it seems to some over at FB/ Here be friends, partly because a few of those dudes were closely involved with proceedings.
Granted it was good, particularly but had flaws. Ditto 1983, a number of tracks were played too fast. I for one prefer SK in 2016 rather than 1983, RB’s solo at Budokan with that awful ocatvider every bit was awful for the most part.



I agree, Many of the bootlegs out there show that Blackmore frequently did not play well at all and often the earlier shows were just lots of noise and are simply boring to listen to now, solos sections that were just indulgence and time fillers, going hardly anywhere and were uninspiring to put it mildly. Others were very good. The 95' line-up gigs mostly seemed more coherent and when in tune and on form Blackmore's guitar tone was amazingly good, in a more modern way. The further back you go the worse some of the gigs were. I think it was Scandinavian Nights Video where Blackmore is totally and hopelessly out of tune from using his Trem Bar. It sounded...... ridiculous when you hear it now, probably because it was. Some probably think it one of the best MKII Purple outings!! Suitable only for the totally tone deaf in the parish!
13/6/2017, 16:34 Link to this post Send Email to BagShotBullets   Send PM to BagShotBullets
 
TomekKDP Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2007
Posts: 993
Reply | Quote
Re: Birmingham on CD now


It is interesting to read from RB fans in need to defense something, what is hardly defendable on professional level, to reach consensus that RB was always shitty playeremoticon
14/6/2017, 9:48 Link to this post Send Email to TomekKDP   Send PM to TomekKDP
 
mtb7 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 635
Reply | Quote
Re: Birmingham on CD now


Well, what we have said is that he was always INCONSISTENT; it takes some imagination to mix that up with [sign in to see URL] if that helps you to muster up something vaguely resembling irony, I'm for it!;-)
14/6/2017, 12:18 Link to this post Send Email to mtb7   Send PM to mtb7 Blog
 
Desperateheart Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2013
Posts: 2020
Reply | Quote
Re: Birmingham on CD now


ha Mtb7...., it's self evident. I'm just waiting for the 1991 tour to come back into critical favour w certain fans! lol

point being I loved that tour at the time, still do, but old timers slated it 100%
14/6/2017, 12:38 Link to this post Send Email to Desperateheart   Send PM to Desperateheart Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 ... 5  6  7  8 





You are not logged in (login)