Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4  5 

 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5749
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

dp344 wrote:

At least he released new music and toured regullarly
Page on the other did very little after LZ




i agree i DONT think DC wasted his talents at all he has continued to release excellent material his whole career there is not one DC album i don't [sign in to see URL] others condemn him for the 87 onwards material
 
28/5/2017, 20:48 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5749
Reply | Quote
Re: New Studio Album


quote:

jmorton wrote:

I stumbled upon this on youtube ...

[url][sign in to see URL]

A compilation of Coverdale/Page live/rehersals/soundcheck video. This has to be some of the "loads of video" from CP that DC was talking about last year. Interesting stuff. Different video angles from the tour too.

As for above. Page has wasted his talent for 37 years and it's beyond sad.




Strange that JP never really did much after LZ ?i suppose the only way from Zep was down but then his peers like Blackmore went on to use thier creativity in other projects i.e. Rainbow.I suppose the difference was that JP didn't want LZ to end and the end was forced upon him with the death of [sign in to see URL] other fact is that Jimmy of course has had addiction problems.
28/5/2017, 20:56 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
srdja ws Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 06-2014
Posts: 224
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

dp344 wrote:

At least he released new music and toured regullarly
Page on the other did very little after LZ




i agree i DONT think DC wasted his talents at all he has continued to release excellent material his whole career there is not one DC album i don't [sign in to see URL] others condemn him for the 87 onwards material
 



I agree. Only if the releases would be more often. Five albums with the new music in 27 years (C/P, RH, ITL, GTBB, F)!Not too many, I suppose.
29/5/2017, 7:11 Link to this post Send Email to srdja ws   Send PM to srdja ws Blog
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5749
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

srdja ws wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

dp344 wrote:

At least he released new music and toured regullarly
Page on the other did very little after LZ




i agree i DONT think DC wasted his talents at all he has continued to release excellent material his whole career there is not one DC album i don't [sign in to see URL] others condemn him for the 87 onwards material
 



I agree. Only if the releases would be more often. Five albums with the new music in 27 years (C/P, RH, ITL, GTBB, F)!Not too many, I suppose.



agreed emoticon
29/5/2017, 18:12 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
jmorton Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2006
Posts: 548
Reply | Quote
Re: New Studio Album


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

jmorton wrote:

I stumbled upon this on youtube ...

[url][sign in to see URL]

A compilation of Coverdale/Page live/rehersals/soundcheck video. This has to be some of the "loads of video" from CP that DC was talking about last year. Interesting stuff. Different video angles from the tour too.

As for above. Page has wasted his talent for 37 years and it's beyond sad.




Strange that JP never really did much after LZ ?i suppose the only way from Zep was down but then his peers like Blackmore went on to use thier creativity in other projects i.e. Rainbow.I suppose the difference was that JP didn't want LZ to end and the end was forced upon him with the death of [sign in to see URL] other fact is that Jimmy of course has had addiction problems.



What strikes me in watching the Coverdale Page bootleg videos on youtube is .... they genuinely seemed to enjoy playing with each other. There is this one from Yoyogi

[url][sign in to see URL]

They are either drunk at the end or what but the laughter and smiles are infectious. They play Rock and Roll TWICE! Great stuff.

As for Page ... he was more emotionally attached to Led Zeppelin than say Jones or Plant. In fact Plant has spent most of his solo career running as far away from the Zeppelin mystique as he could get (and then occasionally using reunions to pump his solo career ... 2007 reunion greatly helped sales of his collaboration with Allison Krause).

Page could never seem, nor does he WANT to escape Zeppelin.
29/5/2017, 20:19 Link to this post Send Email to jmorton   Send PM to jmorton
 
Wojak Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 01-2004
Posts: 1436
Reply | Quote
Re: New Studio Album


quote:

jmorton wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

jmorton wrote:

I stumbled upon this on youtube ...

[url][sign in to see URL]

A compilation of Coverdale/Page live/rehersals/soundcheck video. This has to be some of the "loads of video" from CP that DC was talking about last year. Interesting stuff. Different video angles from the tour too.

As for above. Page has wasted his talent for 37 years and it's beyond sad.




Strange that JP never really did much after LZ ?i suppose the only way from Zep was down but then his peers like Blackmore went on to use thier creativity in other projects i.e. Rainbow.I suppose the difference was that JP didn't want LZ to end and the end was forced upon him with the death of [sign in to see URL] other fact is that Jimmy of course has had addiction problems.



What strikes me in watching the Coverdale Page bootleg videos on youtube is .... they genuinely seemed to enjoy playing with each other. There is this one from Yoyogi

[url][sign in to see URL]

They are either drunk at the end or what but the laughter and smiles are infectious. They play Rock and Roll TWICE! Great stuff.

As for Page ... he was more emotionally attached to Led Zeppelin than say Jones or Plant. In fact Plant has spent most of his solo career running as far away from the Zeppelin mystique as he could get (and then occasionally using reunions to pump his solo career ... 2007 reunion greatly helped sales of his collaboration with Allison Krause).

Page could never seem, nor does he WANT to escape Zeppelin.



It's strange. Plant seemingly tries to escape Zep but always plays Zep music in his sets and as you say he profited from the 2007 reunion greatly. Page is tied to the Zep machine to such an extent he seems unable to do anything else. I think thats why he went for the Coverdale [sign in to see URL] was the closest he was going to get in many ways and in fact it drew Robert out to do the Page/Plant project (where they even played a Coverdale song live).

I can't work out why Page won't do something, unless he has playing issues (possible) he doesn't want people to know about. Perhaps he should stop running around with Ross Halfin and actually knuckle down to some music.

I would love CP to be reissued with the extra tracks and completely remixed. It is a mighty album. A one off show would be good as well (not going to happen) but we can all dream. In fact I would like David to tour the current WS next year, play a show with Moody, Marsden and Murray and do a CP show that gets properly recorded as well. Not too much to ask, is it?

30/5/2017, 9:11 Link to this post Send Email to Wojak   Send PM to Wojak
 
jmorton Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2006
Posts: 548
Reply | Quote
Re: New Studio Album


quote:

Wojak wrote:
It's strange. Plant seemingly tries to escape Zep but always plays Zep music in his sets and as you say he profited from the 2007 reunion greatly. Page is tied to the Zep machine to such an extent he seems unable to do anything else. I think thats why he went for the Coverdale [sign in to see URL] was the closest he was going to get in many ways and in fact it drew Robert out to do the Page/Plant project (where they even played a Coverdale song live).

I can't work out why Page won't do something, unless he has playing issues (possible) he doesn't want people to know about. Perhaps he should stop running around with Ross Halfin and actually knuckle down to some music.

I would love CP to be reissued with the extra tracks and completely remixed. It is a mighty album. A one off show would be good as well (not going to happen) but we can all dream. In fact I would like David to tour the current WS next year, play a show with Moody, Marsden and Murray and do a CP show that gets properly recorded as well. Not too much to ask, is it?




I can see Murray and Marsden getting up for a one-off ... not Micky though. It seems like Moody has no desire to rebuild that bridge and to some extent it would require putting the past to bed. Judging from his response to DC's attempt to reach out a couple years ago.

I'm 100% sure Page would agree to a show with DC but it seems like Coverdale doesn't want to do it. My own theory is that he doesn't want to dredge up the Plant nonsense again and, if that's the case, I wouldn't blame him.

Edit: I always wonder if a second CP album would have performed as commercially well as the first one. That album sold a million without a tour (aside from Japan) to support it but ... as Page found out with The Firm (and his album Walking into Clarksdale with Plant) sometimes with these projects a second album performs substantially worse than the first.

I'm with you ... a remixed/remastered CP with extra tracks would be amazing. They recorded a ton of tracks (according to Coverdale) and I'm curious to see what remains.

Last edited by jmorton, 30/5/2017, 15:34
30/5/2017, 15:29 Link to this post Send Email to jmorton   Send PM to jmorton
 
purpletemple Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 8699
Reply | Quote
Re: New Studio Album


quote:

Wojak wrote:

quote:

jmorton wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

jmorton wrote:

I stumbled upon this on youtube ...

[url][sign in to see URL]

A compilation of Coverdale/Page live/rehersals/soundcheck video. This has to be some of the "loads of video" from CP that DC was talking about last year. Interesting stuff. Different video angles from the tour too.

As for above. Page has wasted his talent for 37 years and it's beyond sad.




Strange that JP never really did much after LZ ?i suppose the only way from Zep was down but then his peers like Blackmore went on to use thier creativity in other projects i.e. Rainbow.I suppose the difference was that JP didn't want LZ to end and the end was forced upon him with the death of [sign in to see URL] other fact is that Jimmy of course has had addiction problems.



What strikes me in watching the Coverdale Page bootleg videos on youtube is .... they genuinely seemed to enjoy playing with each other. There is this one from Yoyogi

[url][sign in to see URL]

They are either drunk at the end or what but the laughter and smiles are infectious. They play Rock and Roll TWICE! Great stuff.

As for Page ... he was more emotionally attached to Led Zeppelin than say Jones or Plant. In fact Plant has spent most of his solo career running as far away from the Zeppelin mystique as he could get (and then occasionally using reunions to pump his solo career ... 2007 reunion greatly helped sales of his collaboration with Allison Krause).

Page could never seem, nor does he WANT to escape Zeppelin.



It's strange. Plant seemingly tries to escape Zep but always plays Zep music in his sets and as you say he profited from the 2007 reunion greatly. Page is tied to the Zep machine to such an extent he seems unable to do anything else. I think thats why he went for the Coverdale [sign in to see URL] was the closest he was going to get in many ways and in fact it drew Robert out to do the Page/Plant project (where they even played a Coverdale song live).

I can't work out why Page won't do something, unless he has playing issues (possible) he doesn't want people to know about. Perhaps he should stop running around with Ross Halfin and actually knuckle down to some music.

I would love CP to be reissued with the extra tracks and completely remixed. It is a mighty album. A one off show would be good as well (not going to happen) but we can all dream. In fact I would like David to tour the current WS next year, play a show with Moody, Marsden and Murray and do a CP show that gets properly recorded as well. Not too much to ask, is it?




You know, I'm far from being a star or have been part of a legendary group, but I can understand the reasons Page might have.

I've played 20 years with the same guys, doing our own music and I LOVE playing, but once the band disbanded, I just couldn't and didn't wanted to play with anybody else (even though I received many offers). I had put too much emotion and believes in that band and that was that. And even now, when my bandmates want to reunite for a practice, I just can't anymore, just because I put too much hope in what could happen while I know nothing than the occasional gig will happen. It's a bit of all or nothing.

Maybe Page feels the same, too emotionally attached. I certainly can relate to that.



---
"Did you know you have hairs up your nostrils?"
5/6/2017, 13:49 Link to this post Send Email to purpletemple   Send PM to purpletemple
 
fdr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2011
Posts: 1282
Reply | Quote
Re: New Studio Album


From DC twitter:
"The rumour is true, we are currently working on a new studio album, followed by a world [sign in to see URL]...emoticon"
2/9/2017, 21:09 Link to this post Send Email to fdr   Send PM to fdr Blog
 
Wojak Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 01-2004
Posts: 1436
Reply | Quote
Re: New Studio Album


quote:

fdr wrote:

From DC twitter:
"The rumour is true, we are currently working on a new studio album, followed by a world [sign in to see URL]...emoticon"



I've also found this quote on Billboard:

"I'm actually very excited about it because it's the first opportunity both Reb and Joel and I have actually had to sit down and write together," Coverdale says. "There's a lot of what one would refer to as arena rock; Reb and I were talking the other night over dinner and he said, 'Man, there's so many songs here that no matter where we play -- Portugal or Brazil or Tokyo -- they're gonna get this hook. They're gonna be punching the fuckin' air and have a great night.' And I went, 'Oh, absolutely -- and more than usual,' which is great. I can't do throwaway !@#$. The only reason I'm doing this record are the songs are gonna be a great Whitesnake album for Whitesnake fans -- and the band. It's very exciting."
3/9/2017, 16:39 Link to this post Send Email to Wojak   Send PM to Wojak
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5 





You are not logged in (login)