Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

 
fdr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2011
Posts: 1251
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

fdr wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

pics from killer show in Prague...

Absolute highlights: Medusa, Cant Stop The Flood, You Keep On Moving (great improvisation at the end), Black Country. Brilliant show. Missed only one thing - anything from Hughes / Iommi cooperation - Seventh Star would be great song for this really very hardrock set!



Hi ptr, you live in Prague, right?
I'm gonna be there in a couple of days with my school! Any records shop in the city center? thanks!



With new records or old records? emoticon The largest one for new records is right at the bottom of Venceslav´s square in building called Koruna.... Highly recommended would be great vinyl store in shopping mall called Černá růže (street called Na příkopě) - vinyls for a bit higher prices but in superb condition. You may also try music 2nd hand stores in Krakovská and Spalená streets... emoticon



Just got back, thanks again. What a fascinating city you have!
26/2/2017, 20:28 Link to this post Send Email to fdr   Send PM to fdr Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2899
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

fdr wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

fdr wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

pics from killer show in Prague...

Absolute highlights: Medusa, Cant Stop The Flood, You Keep On Moving (great improvisation at the end), Black Country. Brilliant show. Missed only one thing - anything from Hughes / Iommi cooperation - Seventh Star would be great song for this really very hardrock set!



Hi ptr, you live in Prague, right?
I'm gonna be there in a couple of days with my school! Any records shop in the city center? thanks!



With new records or old records? emoticon The largest one for new records is right at the bottom of Venceslav´s square in building called Koruna.... Highly recommended would be great vinyl store in shopping mall called Černá růže (street called Na příkopě) - vinyls for a bit higher prices but in superb condition. You may also try music 2nd hand stores in Krakovská and Spalená streets... emoticon



Just got back, thanks again. What a fascinating city you have!



Yes, Prague is nice city - but as in any case, when you live here, you have a tendency to "ignore" (or simply "not see") beauty of the city - tourists usually see Prague better than citizens. emoticon Tourists are amazed by river, Charles Bridge and Prague Castle in background - when you see it almost everyday when you travel to your job for example - your reaction is almost like "so what?" It becomes normal everyday scenery for you. emoticon I´m very glad you enjoyed your stay in Prague! Did you visit any of mentioned music shops?
27/2/2017, 19:31 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
fdr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2011
Posts: 1251
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

fdr wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

fdr wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

pics from killer show in Prague...

Absolute highlights: Medusa, Cant Stop The Flood, You Keep On Moving (great improvisation at the end), Black Country. Brilliant show. Missed only one thing - anything from Hughes / Iommi cooperation - Seventh Star would be great song for this really very hardrock set!



Hi ptr, you live in Prague, right?
I'm gonna be there in a couple of days with my school! Any records shop in the city center? thanks!



With new records or old records? emoticon The largest one for new records is right at the bottom of Venceslav´s square in building called Koruna.... Highly recommended would be great vinyl store in shopping mall called Černá růže (street called Na příkopě) - vinyls for a bit higher prices but in superb condition. You may also try music 2nd hand stores in Krakovská and Spalená streets... emoticon



Just got back, thanks again. What a fascinating city you have!



Yes, Prague is nice city - but as in any case, when you live here, you have a tendency to "ignore" (or simply "not see") beauty of the city - tourists usually see Prague better than citizens. emoticon Tourists are amazed by river, Charles Bridge and Prague Castle in background - when you see it almost everyday when you travel to your job for example - your reaction is almost like "so what?" It becomes normal everyday scenery for you. emoticon I´m very glad you enjoyed your stay in Prague! Did you visit any of mentioned music shops?



Yes, I did visit Koruna and another one not far from it, in a street right side of Venceslav square, also selling violins and guitars on the second floor. A lot of new vinyls but at basically the same prices as Amazon & co. I didn't have enough time to check out 2nd hand stores as I was there leading 46 students and had very little free time. Anyway I spotted a lot of advertising panels for next may Deep Purple show at the O2, one right out of my hotel room window!
As for the city, it's true what you say. I teach literature and I have a soft spot for the literary circle of the 10's and 20's in Prague, Kafka, Meyrink and the rest. Have you read the book by Angelo Maria Ripellino about the city? It's called "Praga magica" and I just love it.
(Sorry for the ongoing off topic!)
27/2/2017, 23:23 Link to this post Send Email to fdr   Send PM to fdr Blog
 
danielb Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2003
Posts: 3381
Reply | Quote
Re:


Anybody go to the storyteller session in London?
28/2/2017, 10:48 Link to this post Send Email to danielb   Send PM to danielb
 
fdr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2011
Posts: 1251
Reply | Quote
Re: UK and European tour 2017 - rescheduled dates


[url][sign in to see URL]

...and I love him for jams like this one!
I hope Glenn gets a proper live album/video out of this tour because this line up surely deserves to be immortalised on tape.
4/6/2017, 22:32 Link to this post Send Email to fdr   Send PM to fdr Blog
 
Scotsnake Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 06-2004
Posts: 265
Reply | Quote
Re: UK and European tour 2017 - rescheduled dates


quote:

fdr wrote:

[url][sign in to see URL]

...and I love him for jams like this one!
I hope Glenn gets a proper live album/video out of this tour because this line up surely deserves to be immortalised on tape.



Agreed, the Glasgow show was outstanding.
5/6/2017, 13:50 Link to this post Send Email to Scotsnake   Send PM to Scotsnake Blog
 
mcpurplemk2 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 02-2005
Posts: 747
Reply | Quote
Re: UK and European tour 2017 - rescheduled dates


quote:

fdr wrote:

[url][sign in to see URL]

...and I love him for jams like this one!
I hope Glenn gets a proper live album/video out of this tour because this line up surely deserves to be immortalised on tape.



Certainly at Cambridge he mentioned that show was being recorded. He did have a cold that night but sounded great to me and of course there was the situation with his mum.
7/6/2017, 15:44 Link to this post Send Email to mcpurplemk2   Send PM to mcpurplemk2
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 





You are not logged in (login)