Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2907
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

Byljer wrote:


Why should THEY (Deep Purple) communicate directly with Blackmore?? Why didn't he contact the band directly with his wish to play with the band, a band he's no longer a member of??? Blackmores manager should've contacted Payne, not the other way around.

As for the last part of your post.... Only one show of three are sold out. That's how interested the world is when Blackmore finally comes back to rock after 20 years dressing up and living in a fantasy.



why should they contact Blackmore?

[sign in to see URL] because they were being honoured for the period in the band when DP really mattered which was when Ritchie was the main creative and driving force

[sign in to see URL] it was probably the last chance given their age to actually put the animosity behind them and celebrate the history they made together.

[sign in to see URL] possibly most importantly many many long time DP fans would have wanted it.

As for What Ritchies been doing the last 20 years ?then he has released 10 studio albums and several live DVDs with [sign in to see URL] the same 20 years DP have released 5 albums and several DVDs too ,but in the main have toured living off the music they made with Blackmore.




Now I´m gonna use YOUR way of behaviour - just to show you how it looks....

Ritchie probably doesnt tour so often because he is lazy slacker who doesnt care about his fans who wants to see him live on tour.... How is that? emoticon I´m just honest (exactly as you say).... emoticon

Last edited by ptr, 3/6/2016, 13:59
3/6/2016, 13:57 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2907
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

Byljer wrote:


Why should THEY (Deep Purple) communicate directly with Blackmore?? Why didn't he contact the band directly with his wish to play with the band, a band he's no longer a member of??? Blackmores manager should've contacted Payne, not the other way around.

As for the last part of your post.... Only one show of three are sold out. That's how interested the world is when Blackmore finally comes back to rock after 20 years dressing up and living in a fantasy.



why should they contact Blackmore?

[sign in to see URL] because they were being honoured for the period in the band when DP really mattered which was when Ritchie was the main creative and driving force

[sign in to see URL] it was probably the last chance given their age to actually put the animosity behind them and celebrate the history they made together.

[sign in to see URL] possibly most importantly many many long time DP fans would have wanted it.

As for What Ritchies been doing the last 20 years ?then he has released 10 studio albums and several live DVDs with [sign in to see URL] the same 20 years DP have released 5 albums and several DVDs too ,but in the main have toured living off the music they made with Blackmore.





BTW - I forgot to mention - Ritchie left the band almost 23 years ago. They learned to live and work without him - and obviously they got used to it and are obviously absolutely OK with the situation. Why the hell then they would wish to do anything like that? Ritchie is long-gone past for them, some beautiful moments, some terrible moments in their memories.... but it´s long time gone. They have a plans for future... so why to spoil and waste their time with something which ended decades ago? I fully understand that from DP´s point - it was absolutely useless, pointless.... and you keep ignoring the fact that Ritchie NEVER really planned to go there (and I´m sure you KNOW that)!!!
3/6/2016, 14:03 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5745
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

ptr wrote:






"BTW - I forgot to mention - Ritchie left the band almost 23 years ago. They learned to live and work without him"


but sadly never learned how to play songs live other than the ones he wrote


"Ritchie is long-gone past for them, some beautiful moments, some terrible moments in their memories.... but it´s long time gone. "


Obviously not that long since they continue to fill their live set with the songs he wrote


"They have a plans for future... so why to spoil and waste their time with something which ended decades ago?"


They were being honoured at the HOF for that period !!!!!! i.e. the period when they mattered.


"and you keep ignoring the fact that Ritchie NEVER really planned to go there (and I´m sure you KNOW that)!!!["


How would i know that ?? how would anyone on this forum know that???


Look i get it you are a fan of post Blackmore DP and thats great for you [sign in to see URL] DP are a legendary band because of the period they had with Ritchie as the undisputed driving and creative [sign in to see URL] keep telling us all that Blackmore left all those years ago as if that really matters a jot .The Blackmore legacy is all over DP they will never escape that [sign in to see URL] Morse can be in DP for another 20 years and Ritchie Blackmore will still be known as THE DP guitarist.
3/6/2016, 14:26 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
highwayfrog Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2015
Posts: 567
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


The funniest thing about that guy ptr is that he's addicted to Morse era, but his most favourite topic to speak about is obviously Ritchie. Something can't be right??? emoticon
3/6/2016, 14:27 Link to this post Send Email to highwayfrog   Send PM to highwayfrog Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2907
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:






"BTW - I forgot to mention - Ritchie left the band almost 23 years ago. They learned to live and work without him"


but sadly never learned how to play songs live other than the ones he wrote


"Ritchie is long-gone past for them, some beautiful moments, some terrible moments in their memories.... but it´s long time gone. "


Obviously not that long since they continue to fill their live set with the songs he wrote


"They have a plans for future... so why to spoil and waste their time with something which ended decades ago?"


They were being honoured at the HOF for that period !!!!!! i.e. the period when they mattered.


"and you keep ignoring the fact that Ritchie NEVER really planned to go there (and I´m sure you KNOW that)!!!["


How would i know that ?? how would anyone on this forum know that???


Look i get it you are a fan of post Blackmore DP and thats great for you [sign in to see URL] DP are a legendary band because of the period they had with Ritchie as the undisputed driving and creative [sign in to see URL] keep telling us all that Blackmore left all those years ago as if that really matters a jot .The Blackmore legacy is all over DP they will never escape that [sign in to see URL] Morse can be in DP for another 20 years and Ritchie Blackmore will still be known as THE DP guitarist.



Ritchie said that numerous times he has no interest in coming to these "awards" things.... and we both know that - one of interviews was even shared here where he said he would never come there. And he really meant that! Why you keep ignoring that?
3/6/2016, 14:47 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5745
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:






"BTW - I forgot to mention - Ritchie left the band almost 23 years ago. They learned to live and work without him"


but sadly never learned how to play songs live other than the ones he wrote


"Ritchie is long-gone past for them, some beautiful moments, some terrible moments in their memories.... but it´s long time gone. "


Obviously not that long since they continue to fill their live set with the songs he wrote


"They have a plans for future... so why to spoil and waste their time with something which ended decades ago?"


They were being honoured at the HOF for that period !!!!!! i.e. the period when they mattered.


"and you keep ignoring the fact that Ritchie NEVER really planned to go there (and I´m sure you KNOW that)!!!["


How would i know that ?? how would anyone on this forum know that???


Look i get it you are a fan of post Blackmore DP and thats great for you [sign in to see URL] DP are a legendary band because of the period they had with Ritchie as the undisputed driving and creative [sign in to see URL] keep telling us all that Blackmore left all those years ago as if that really matters a jot .The Blackmore legacy is all over DP they will never escape that [sign in to see URL] Morse can be in DP for another 20 years and Ritchie Blackmore will still be known as THE DP guitarist.



Ritchie said that numerous times he has no interest in coming to these "awards" things.... and we both know that - one of interviews was even shared here where he said he would never come there. And he really meant that! Why you keep ignoring that?



I know fine well what Ritchie has said over the years, I also know fine well what Gillan has said, and what DC has said, but lo and behold Gillan and DC attended ,maybe just maybe if the cowardly, bitter ,selfish ,ungrateful old men of DP had been adult about all this, and actually made the effort to bury the hatchet properly and make Ritchie feel welcome ,then Ritchie may well have attended?? Do you know the answer to that?I dont? BTW why do you just pick the points you want to answer instead of actually answering all the points put???My guess ? you don't have an answer other than the Gillan/Payne DP party line.
3/6/2016, 15:24 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2907
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:






"BTW - I forgot to mention - Ritchie left the band almost 23 years ago. They learned to live and work without him"


but sadly never learned how to play songs live other than the ones he wrote


"Ritchie is long-gone past for them, some beautiful moments, some terrible moments in their memories.... but it´s long time gone. "


Obviously not that long since they continue to fill their live set with the songs he wrote


"They have a plans for future... so why to spoil and waste their time with something which ended decades ago?"


They were being honoured at the HOF for that period !!!!!! i.e. the period when they mattered.


"and you keep ignoring the fact that Ritchie NEVER really planned to go there (and I´m sure you KNOW that)!!!["


How would i know that ?? how would anyone on this forum know that???


Look i get it you are a fan of post Blackmore DP and thats great for you [sign in to see URL] DP are a legendary band because of the period they had with Ritchie as the undisputed driving and creative [sign in to see URL] keep telling us all that Blackmore left all those years ago as if that really matters a jot .The Blackmore legacy is all over DP they will never escape that [sign in to see URL] Morse can be in DP for another 20 years and Ritchie Blackmore will still be known as THE DP guitarist.



Ritchie said that numerous times he has no interest in coming to these "awards" things.... and we both know that - one of interviews was even shared here where he said he would never come there. And he really meant that! Why you keep ignoring that?



I know fine well what Ritchie has said over the years, I also know fine well what Gillan has said, and what DC has said, but lo and behold Gillan and DC attended ,maybe just maybe if the cowardly, bitter ,selfish ,ungrateful old men of DP had been adult about all this, and actually made the effort to bury the hatchet properly and make Ritchie feel welcome ,then Ritchie may well have attended?? Do you know the answer to that?I dont? BTW why do you just pick the points you want to answer instead of actually answering all the points put???My guess ? you don't have an answer other than the Gillan/Payne DP party line.



That stuff about Ritchie writing the songs dont need answer - it´s pointless stuff. Ritchie is not the only exclusive author of those songs - they were written, recorded by Deep Purple Mk2 - so all of them have right to play these songs. Or should I ask future Rainbow singer to write new lyrics for all Mk2 stuff he is going to sing? Because in terms of lyrics - AFAIK Ritchie never wrote a single word, it was job of IG and Roger. Ritchie is going to play IG´s / Roger´s / Jon´s / Paice´s / Coverdale´s / Hughes´s / Dio´s / Bonnet´s / Turner´s stuff too... He was NOT exclusive songwriter who did complete songs! When Ritchie is going to play Highway Star or Perfect Strangers with Rainbow - is he going to be Mk2 Tribute act? emoticon Because it´s exactly the same with Deep Purple, IG, Roger and Paicey are playing THEIR OWN music - with Steve and Don.

Last edited by ptr, 3/6/2016, 17:32
3/6/2016, 16:00 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5745
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

ptr wrote:




That stuff about Ritchie writing the songs dont need answer - it´s pointless stuff. Ritchie is not the only exclusive author of those songs - they were written, recorded by Deep Purple Mk2 - so all of them have right to play these songs. Or should I ask future Rainbow singer to write new lyrics for all Mk2 stuff he is going to sing? Because in terms of lyrics - AFAIK Ritchie never wrote a single word, it was job of IG and Roger. Ritchie is going to play IG´s / Roger´s / Jon´s / Paice´s / Coverdale´s / Hughes´s / Dio´s / Bonnet´s / Turner´s stuff too... He was NOT exclusive songwriter who did complete songs! When Ritchie is going to play Highway Star or Perfect Strangers with Rainbow - is he going to be Mk2 Tribute act? emoticon Because it´s exactly the same with Deep Purple, IG, Roger and Paicey are playing THEIR OWN music - with Steve and Don.



bla bla bla bla usual ptr bullshit yet again you manage to avoid answering all the points but simply spout the usual party [sign in to see URL] yourself a shake man FFS!!You know what i don't usually gloat as i think I'm actually a decent guy? but the fact that YOUR version of DP were rightly totally ignored by the HOF actually gave me pleasure as it completely proves the point that Deep Purple without Ritchie and Jon just doesn't matter.
3/6/2016, 17:44 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2907
Reply | Quote
Re:


I replied to both of this nonsense:
"but sadly never learned how to play songs live other than the ones he wrote"
"Obviously not that long since they continue to fill their live set with the songs he wrote"
by saying that these songs are not owned by Ritchie as he isnt the ONLY exclusive composer of these songs. These songs belongs to Ians and Roger too - so they are playing their own stuff!

"They were being honoured at the HOF for that period !!!!!! i.e. the period when they mattered."
It´s logic that for current band.... now and future is more important than past! Band had full right to say "no" to suggested performance with Ritchie... and as we know now - this performance would NOT happened in April even without their "no" - so the whole discussion is pointless. There was no wasted or missed opportunity. Period!

So I replied and answered to all your pointless points and questions.
3/6/2016, 21:39 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5745
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


If the bands present and future is so important to them then why do they still fill thier setlist with 80% Blackmore era material ?

During the HOF q&a Gillan claimed they asked Ritchie to attend twice ? More lies ? When and how did this communication take place?

Of course an opportunity was missed , both parties had probably the last chance they will get to bury the hatchet and celebrate their wonderful joint achievements
4/6/2016, 7:33 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 





You are not logged in (login)