Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2933
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

HighwayFrog wrote:

New Ritchie Blackmore statement about HOF out of Rock Hard Magazine 27th May 2016:

What happened in April with the induction of Deep Purple into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame? Is it true that the Purple manager asked you, not to show up there?

Ritchie: Yes, that's right, I can proof it, I have it in black and white. The Deep Purple management didn't want me to play with the band. However, it's an entirely different matter if I ever had the time and inclination to do so.

And you had?

Ritchie: No. I had an operation on my finger and was still recovering from it.



This statment is actually admitting that first press release from Ritchie´s camp was actually very misleading. He wasnt banned from attending, DP manager just didnt want him to play with the band.... which is actually ok (I explained numerous times why). Plus the fact that he would not appear there just shows that his intention really was to harm current band, he simply faked the role of victim. He could release a denying statement "I wont appear there, because I´ll have operation on my finger and recovery is going to take for some time... because I dont want to be there..." etc etc but no - he blamed current band and its management... What an intrigue. emoticon emoticon
1/6/2016, 8:45 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5750
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

HighwayFrog wrote:

New Ritchie Blackmore statement about HOF out of Rock Hard Magazine 27th May 2016:

What happened in April with the induction of Deep Purple into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame? Is it true that the Purple manager asked you, not to show up there?

Ritchie: Yes, that's right, I can proof it, I have it in black and white. The Deep Purple management didn't want me to play with the band. However, it's an entirely different matter if I ever had the time and inclination to do so.

And you had?

Ritchie: No. I had an operation on my finger and was still recovering from it.



This statment is actually admitting that first press release from Ritchie´s camp was actually very misleading. He wasnt banned from attending, DP manager just didnt want him to play with the band.... which is actually ok (I explained numerous times why). Plus the fact that he would not appear there just shows that his intention really was to harm current band, he simply faked the role of victim. He could release a denying statement "I wont appear there, because I´ll have operation on my finger and recovery is going to take for some time... because I dont want to be there..." etc etc but no - he blamed current band and its management... What an intrigue. emoticon emoticon



hmmm, if you actually what is said then the guy asks him if the DP management had asked him not to show up? and he said YES he has it in Black and White .The reason one would imagine was the DP management didn't want him there is that if he did turn up the band would have found it hard to refuse playing with him as the demand would have been [sign in to see URL] you think its correct that the DP management asked the main figure in DPs history not to turn up at a ceremony honouring them for the period when he was the main driving force and creative power in the band.????Not wanting to play with him is as you say their right all be it that its a selfish bitter ungrateful [sign in to see URL] asking him not to turn up is disgusting!!
1/6/2016, 17:49 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2933
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

HighwayFrog wrote:

New Ritchie Blackmore statement about HOF out of Rock Hard Magazine 27th May 2016:

What happened in April with the induction of Deep Purple into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame? Is it true that the Purple manager asked you, not to show up there?

Ritchie: Yes, that's right, I can proof it, I have it in black and white. The Deep Purple management didn't want me to play with the band. However, it's an entirely different matter if I ever had the time and inclination to do so.

And you had?

Ritchie: No. I had an operation on my finger and was still recovering from it.



This statment is actually admitting that first press release from Ritchie´s camp was actually very misleading. He wasnt banned from attending, DP manager just didnt want him to play with the band.... which is actually ok (I explained numerous times why). Plus the fact that he would not appear there just shows that his intention really was to harm current band, he simply faked the role of victim. He could release a denying statement "I wont appear there, because I´ll have operation on my finger and recovery is going to take for some time... because I dont want to be there..." etc etc but no - he blamed current band and its management... What an intrigue. emoticon emoticon



hmmm, if you actually what is said then the guy asks him if the DP management had asked him not to show up? and he said YES he has it in Black and White .The reason one would imagine was the DP management didn't want him there is that if he did turn up the band would have found it hard to refuse playing with him as the demand would have been [sign in to see URL] you think its correct that the DP management asked the main figure in DPs history not to turn up at a ceremony honouring them for the period when he was the main driving force and creative power in the band.????Not wanting to play with him is as you say their right all be it that its a selfish bitter ungrateful [sign in to see URL] asking him not to turn up is disgusting!!



I dont see it selfish, bitter.... I see it as logical understandable thing. emoticon Selfish and bitter is thinking that "Ritchie asked them to play with them - so they HAVE TO do that..." - no, they dont have to. And reasons WHY they dont want to do that are actually irrelevant.
1/6/2016, 19:26 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5750
Reply | Quote
Re:


I had no doubt that you would see things that way ptr you've shown your Gillan/Morse based bias time and time again to the detriment of common sense.I guess your OK with DP management asking the man who was without any shadow of a a doubt the main creative force in DPs history not to turn up to a ceremony honouring HIS time with the [sign in to see URL] to my knowledge Ritchie NEVER asked to play with them?He wasn't fit to play at the [sign in to see URL] what I've read DPs management wrote to Blackers saying they wouldn't play with him and asked him not to turn up??Disgusting is the word that comes to mind .
1/6/2016, 20:49 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2933
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

I had no doubt that you would see things that way ptr you've shown your Gillan/Morse based bias time and time again to the detriment of common sense.I guess your OK with DP management asking the man who was without any shadow of a a doubt the main creative force in DPs history not to turn up to a ceremony honouring HIS time with the [sign in to see URL] to my knowledge Ritchie NEVER asked to play with them?He wasn't fit to play at the [sign in to see URL] what I've read DPs management wrote to Blackers saying they wouldn't play with him and asked him not to turn up??Disgusting is the word that comes to mind .



NO! Now you are using Blackmore´s camp strategy to mislead the public.

In THIS particular interview it´s Ritchie who admitted that DP management informed him that he isnt welcomed to PERFORM with band. NOTHING ELSE!

"Deep Purple management didn't want me to play (!!!) with the band. However, it's an entirely different matter IF I ever had the time and inclination to do so. (...) I had an operation on my finger and was still recovering from it."

Band management told him he isnt welcomed to PERFORM with band. But he wasnt banned from appearing on ceremony - so he wasnt asked NOT to turn up on ceremony - it was HIS OWN decision NOT to appear there. He was just INFORMED that DP management dont want him to PERFORM with DP. So - what the hell is your point actually about? Now, we know that performance was ALWAYS ruled out and impossible due to Ritchie´s recovery with his finger (among other reasons).... and DP are blamed even for THIS? DP´s management "no" was ONLY AND PURELY about band playing with him, not about accepting the award, speech, etc... As RRHOF officials said noone can ban inducted members to attend the ceremony... performance - it´s completely different thing of course. Accept that, DP´s saying "no" to the performance wasnt decisive factor for Ritchie´s NOT appearing there!

Last edited by ptr, 1/6/2016, 21:03
1/6/2016, 21:00 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5750
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


read it again ptr

interviewer - Is it true that the Purple manager asked you, not to show up there?

Ritchie -Yes, that's right, I can proof it, I have it in black and white.

seems pretty conclusive to me?

1/6/2016, 21:11 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2933
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

read it again ptr

interviewer - Is it true that the Purple manager asked you, not to show up there?

Ritchie -Yes, that's right, I can proof it, I have it in black and white.

seems pretty conclusive to me?




The main point is this sentence where Ritchie explained what exactly DP management told him: "The Deep Purple management didn't want me to play with the band." That´s the main point of his answer! Even RRHOF (as unbiased ones) said, that DP´s "no" was JUST AND ONLY about performance with band. Maybe it´s as some of you suggested that Ritchie said "hmm.... they dont want to play with me, so it´s pointless to go there just to receive the award and giving some silly speech" - but then it´s RITCHIE´s OWN decision!
1/6/2016, 21:32 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
JSA1 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 747
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


I wish that Blackers would have shown up and played with Hughes and Coverdale. He could have had Lars play drums and gotten Airey to play keys. He has history with Airey, so I would think that he would have done it. If not, maybe they could have brought in Wakeman. After all, MKIII was inducted and would have had the right to play. Either way, asking Blackmore not to play and then also not wanting Hughes and Coverdale to join them was a disgrace. They had a right to play because they were inducted and Gillan had nothing to do with MKIII. This not only came from management, but I would bet that it was Gillan who had the last word. He acted like a petulant child. emoticon
1/6/2016, 21:38 Link to this post Send Email to JSA1   Send PM to JSA1
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5750
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

read it again ptr

interviewer - Is it true that the Purple manager asked you, not to show up there?

Ritchie -Yes, that's right, I can proof it, I have it in black and white.

seems pretty conclusive to me?




The main point is this sentence where Ritchie explained what exactly DP management told him: "The Deep Purple management didn't want me to play with the band." That´s the main point of his answer! Even RRHOF (as unbiased ones) said, that DP´s "no" was JUST AND ONLY about performance with band. Maybe it´s as some of you suggested that Ritchie said "hmm.... they dont want to play with me, so it´s pointless to go there just to receive the award and giving some silly speech" - but then it´s RITCHIE´s OWN decision!




Read it again ptr interviewer asks if dp management asked Ritchie not to turn up to which Ritchie replies YES he has proof in black and white !!!! I know English is not your native language but that's pretty clear is it not ???
1/6/2016, 21:58 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2933
Reply | Quote
Re: Ritchie Blackmore's wife about the RHOF dilemma


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

read it again ptr

interviewer - Is it true that the Purple manager asked you, not to show up there?

Ritchie -Yes, that's right, I can proof it, I have it in black and white.

seems pretty conclusive to me?




The main point is this sentence where Ritchie explained what exactly DP management told him: "The Deep Purple management didn't want me to play with the band." That´s the main point of his answer! Even RRHOF (as unbiased ones) said, that DP´s "no" was JUST AND ONLY about performance with band. Maybe it´s as some of you suggested that Ritchie said "hmm.... they dont want to play with me, so it´s pointless to go there just to receive the award and giving some silly speech" - but then it´s RITCHIE´s OWN decision!




Read it again ptr interviewer asks if dp management asked Ritchie not to turn up to which Ritchie replies YES he has proof in black and white !!!! I know English is not your native language but that's pretty clear is it not ???



Yes, and then he explains what exactly DP management wrote him - no to performance with band! That "No" to performance with the band is that black&white proof! emoticon That´s what he presents as "dp management asked not to turn up"....
1/6/2016, 22:14 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 





You are not logged in (login)