Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3 

 
RatBatBlu Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2012
Posts: 6419
Reply | Quote
First U.S. show and setlist


]Clicky clicky
15/7/2015, 18:47 Link to this post Send Email to RatBatBlu   Send PM to RatBatBlu Blog
 
Kinski Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 341
Reply | Quote
Re: First U.S. show and setlist


With the exception of "Apres Vous" in place of "Into the Fire", this is the exactly the same set list they played when I caught them live in Biloxi last August. And while it's good that they're playing four songs from NOW WHAT?, I wish they would mix things up a little more before I see them in Texas in a little over four weeks from now. Songs like "Lazy", "Space Truckin'", and "Strange Kind of Woman" have really run their course and need to be replaced with some deeper cuts. And "Perfect Strangers" just sounds off in its current down-tuned state. Why they will never dig out stuff like "Our Lady", "Bad Attitude", "Wasted Sunsets", or the many other great songs from the Mark 2 and 7 line-ups is beyond me.

Last edited by Kinski, 16/7/2015, 17:32
16/7/2015, 17:08 Link to this post Send Email to Kinski   Send PM to Kinski
 
Rezi Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 16629
Reply | Quote
Re: First U.S. show and setlist


Thanks RBB!
16/7/2015, 17:28 Link to this post Send Email to Rezi   Send PM to Rezi
 
RatBatBlu Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2012
Posts: 6419
Reply | Quote
Re: First U.S. show and setlist


I was going to go to Nashville, but I'm passing. The set list hasn't changed over the last couple dates. I'm just going to buy the Wacken/Budokan dvd's and call it good.
17/7/2015, 1:36 Link to this post Send Email to RatBatBlu   Send PM to RatBatBlu Blog
 
Apolllo Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2005
Posts: 995
Reply | Quote
Re: First U.S. show and setlist


quote:

Kinski wrote:

With the exception of "Apres Vous" in place of "Into the Fire", this is the exactly the same set list they played when I caught them live in Biloxi last August. And while it's good that they're playing four songs from NOW WHAT?, I wish they would mix things up a little more before I see them in Texas in a little over four weeks from now. Songs like "Lazy", "Space Truckin'", and "Strange Kind of Woman" have really run their course and need to be replaced with some deeper cuts. And "Perfect Strangers" just sounds off in its current down-tuned state. Why they will never dig out stuff like "Our Lady", "Bad Attitude", "Wasted Sunsets", or the many other great songs from the Mark 2 and 7 line-ups is beyond me.



More or less agree with that... Only exception is that they played Wasted Sunsets in 2009 and 2012. And it was nice if you ask me.

I believe they will change it a bit this autumn. But if they just replace Hard Lovin Man and The Mule with Maybe I'm a Leo and Mary Long, that will be a little light. We need more change...
17/7/2015, 20:55 Link to this post Send Email to Apolllo   Send PM to Apolllo
 
Witchy Nightmare Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2005
Posts: 2721
Reply | Quote
Re: First U.S. show and setlist


quote:

Kinski wrote:

And "Perfect Strangers" just sounds off in its current down-tuned state.


They transposed Perfect Strangers? Oh dear ...

18/7/2015, 19:57 Link to this post Send Email to Witchy Nightmare   Send PM to Witchy Nightmare
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2931
Reply | Quote
Re: First U.S. show and setlist


quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

Kinski wrote:

And "Perfect Strangers" just sounds off in its current down-tuned state.


They transposed Perfect Strangers? Oh dear ...




I hope that this is just sarcastic comment. They downtuned Strangers in early 2011....
18/7/2015, 20:46 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
Rezi Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 16629
Reply | Quote
Re: First U.S. show and setlist


I see no problem in changing the key.

I learned this while trying to arrange Call of the Wild. The guitar riff only sounded good in F.
18/7/2015, 22:10 Link to this post Send Email to Rezi   Send PM to Rezi
 
Jimmy Rustles Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2015
Posts: 244
Reply | Quote
Re: First U.S. show and setlist


quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:
They transposed Perfect Strangers? Oh dear ...



Well the way they've been butchering most of the mkII material ever since RB left, transposing PS is the least of their ''crimes''. emoticon

quote:

Rezi wrote:
Call of the Wild. The guitar riff only sounded good in F.



Just out of curiosity, do you like that song?
18/7/2015, 22:37 Link to this post Send PM to Jimmy Rustles
 
Witchy Nightmare Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2005
Posts: 2721
Reply | Quote
Re: First U.S. show and setlist


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

Kinski wrote:

And "Perfect Strangers" just sounds off in its current down-tuned state.


They transposed Perfect Strangers? Oh dear ...




I hope that this is just sarcastic comment. They downtuned Strangers in early 2011....


It wasn't sarcastic. I don't follow Morse era DP closely enough to know which songs they play in the original key. And if they downtune Perfect Strangers I have one more reason not to do. If they want to make it easier for Gillan to handle the vocals I think they should drop things like Space Truckin' which they did [sign in to see URL] times instead of downtuning the songs.
18/7/2015, 22:43 Link to this post Send Email to Witchy Nightmare   Send PM to Witchy Nightmare
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 





You are not logged in (login)