Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

 
Rezi Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 16629
Reply | Quote
Re: Graz


quote:

doggone wrote:

So they used the edited versions!!! Cheap so and so's!! I already ordered it. I hope "The Gypsy" is good. It's too bad that Simon Robinson isn't involved in releasing these shows. If it wasn't for him we never would have gotten the full 1975 Paris show(and other DP goodies).



On the other hand, even Simon has been forced to compromise. Live in London on a single album (Simon's liner notes dismiss "the rather overlong Space Truckin"!) in 1982, not to mention edited versions on Final Concerts in 1996!

I ordered Graz, too. My greatest wish about it is that hopefully it does not have the shrill sound of FC. I mean like SN in 1988, FC was a groundbreaking DP release, letting younger fans for the first time hear complete shows of these periods. But compare FC with LIP, SC with LIS: no comparison sound-wise.
23/8/2014, 6:49 Link to this post Send Email to Rezi   Send PM to Rezi
 
RatBatBlu Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2012
Posts: 6419
Reply | Quote
Re: Graz


I'm getting it, but I'm on the fence on if I'll get the physical copy or just save my $ and the get iTunes version (I broke down and got NW: The Live Tapes from iTunes; it was only $[sign in to see URL]).
23/8/2014, 12:43 Link to this post Send Email to RatBatBlu   Send PM to RatBatBlu Blog
 
Rezi Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 16629
Reply | Quote
Re: Graz


quote:

RatBatBlu wrote:

I'm getting it, but I'm on the fence on if I'll get the physical copy or just save my $ and the get iTunes version (I broke down and got NW: The Live Tapes from iTunes; it was only $[sign in to see URL]).



They should give any Mp3 album for free. emoticon
25/8/2014, 5:56 Link to this post Send Email to Rezi   Send PM to Rezi
 
RatBatBlu Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2012
Posts: 6419
Reply | Quote
Re: Graz


quote:

Rezi wrote:

quote:

RatBatBlu wrote:

I'm getting it, but I'm on the fence on if I'll get the physical copy or just save my $ and the get iTunes version (I broke down and got NW: The Live Tapes from iTunes; it was only $[sign in to see URL]).



They should give any Mp3 album for free. emoticon



In most cases if you get the vinyl, you'll get a free download. Unless of course one of your band members is named Gene Simmons emoticon

25/8/2014, 13:17 Link to this post Send Email to RatBatBlu   Send PM to RatBatBlu Blog
 
bernie Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2003
Posts: 369
Reply | Quote
Re: Graz


I just contacted edel and asked them for the reason they did not release the complete show.

Answer: "We'd loved to bring out another 2CD set like we did before but the grantor of a license had just these recordings."

Strange!!!
5/9/2014, 8:36 Link to this post Send Email to bernie Blog
 
Rezi Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 16629
Reply | Quote
Re: Graz


quote:

bernie wrote:

I just contacted edel and asked them for the reason they did not release the complete show.

Answer: "We'd loved to bring out another 2CD set like we did before but the grantor of a license had just these recordings."

Strange!!!



Thanks, Bernie!

This is odd but sounds familiar: I heard that several reels of Rainbow's 1976 live tapes also went missing at some point, and could not be found for the On Stage Deluxe Edition the other year; mind you, they were looking to release a complete unreleased show on the side.

Now, nothing. Where do these tapes go???
5/9/2014, 9:44 Link to this post Send Email to Rezi   Send PM to Rezi
 
doggone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1749
Reply | Quote
Re: Graz


Maybe the Dick Clark organization gets them and edits them down! emoticon
5/9/2014, 12:25 Link to this post Send Email to doggone   Send PM to doggone
 
Rezi Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 16629
Reply | Quote
Re: Graz


quote:

doggone wrote:

Maybe the Dick Clark organization gets them and edits them down! emoticon



I had to google "Dick Clark". Thanks!
5/9/2014, 12:27 Link to this post Send Email to Rezi   Send PM to Rezi
 
Rezi Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 16629
Reply | Quote
Re: Graz


Just got an email confirmation saying I will most definitely get a copy for the release date.

Getting a bit excited!
10/9/2014, 13:09 Link to this post Send Email to Rezi   Send PM to Rezi
 
doggone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1749
Reply | Quote
Re: Graz


Hopefully one day they will fully release the show most of MIE is from.
11/9/2014, 12:17 Link to this post Send Email to doggone   Send PM to doggone
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 





You are not logged in (login)