Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2 

 
doggone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1747
Reply | Quote
Re: Evans' Deep Purple footage Live in Mexico


Nowadays, they could have put on a Real DP CD and lip synch it to the audience and get away with it. emoticon
28/12/2013, 16:21 Link to this post Send Email to doggone   Send PM to doggone
 
Witchy Nightmare Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2005
Posts: 2719
Reply | Quote
Re: Evans' Deep Purple footage Live in Mexico


quote:

fdr wrote:

quote:

SixtyNine wrote:

Okay, let's be honest, SOTW is sucha a simple song to play that even Bogus Purple sound OK. Even Evans doesn't seem to struggle too much. After all these years it comes down to an anecdote, a funny anecdote.



Yet, they manage to screw up the final passage of the solo (those two chords before going back to the riff) like the worst school cover band... or like they never really rehearsed it!


Indeed. Countless amateur bands play this song better.

29/12/2013, 12:39 Link to this post Send Email to Witchy Nightmare   Send PM to Witchy Nightmare
 
JohnnyWest Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2015
Posts: 262
Reply | Quote
Re: Evans' Deep Purple footage Live in Mexico


quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

fdr wrote:

quote:

SixtyNine wrote:

Okay, let's be honest, SOTW is sucha a simple song to play that even Bogus Purple sound OK. Even Evans doesn't seem to struggle too much. After all these years it comes down to an anecdote, a funny anecdote.



Yet, they manage to screw up the final passage of the solo (those two chords before going back to the riff) like the worst school cover band... or like they never really rehearsed it!


Indeed. Countless amateur bands play this song better.




Funny thing is though If this line was playing in my town on the same night as the current DP .... I'd be checking out the bogus DP.
19/9/2015, 18:27 Link to this post Send Email to JohnnyWest   Send PM to JohnnyWest Blog
 
Witchy Nightmare Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2005
Posts: 2719
Reply | Quote
Re: Evans' Deep Purple footage Live in Mexico


quote:

JohnnyWest wrote:

Funny thing is though If this line was playing in my town on the same night as the current DP .... I'd be checking out the bogus DP.


It's certainly worth a thought. The bogus DP would offer more surprises than the current DP of course. But I fear it would be only bad surprises. If they don't manage to play SOTW properly, the other songs must have been played horribly.

Yes, I would go see the bogus DP too. But I wouldn't expect a show to be enjoyed, rather an obscure case of "this has something to do with DP somehow".
20/9/2015, 11:15 Link to this post Send Email to Witchy Nightmare   Send PM to Witchy Nightmare
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5749
Reply | Quote
Re: Evans' Deep Purple footage Live in Mexico


quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

JohnnyWest wrote:

Funny thing is though If this line was playing in my town on the same night as the current DP .... I'd be checking out the bogus DP.


It's certainly worth a thought. The bogus DP would offer more surprises than the current DP of course. But I fear it would be only bad surprises. If they don't manage to play SOTW properly, the other songs must have been played horribly.

Yes, I would go see the bogus DP too. But I wouldn't expect a show to be enjoyed, rather an obscure case of "this has something to do with DP somehow".



but then "bogus" DP had the same number of original members as the current DP!!so which is the real bogus DP?? emoticon emoticon

17/12/2015, 18:42 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
JohnnyWest Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2015
Posts: 262
Reply | Quote
Re: Evans' Deep Purple footage Live in Mexico


Perhaps we should be asking what/who is the real Deep Purple ?
20/12/2015, 18:20 Link to this post Send Email to JohnnyWest   Send PM to JohnnyWest Blog
 
Knopflers Fingers Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

The Best Part(s) !
Global user

Registered: 12-2005
Posts: 1422
Reply | Quote
Re: Evans' Deep Purple footage Live in Mexico


quote:

JohnnyWest wrote:

Perhaps we should be asking what/who is the real Deep Purple ?



Please dont start emoticon
20/12/2015, 19:44 Link to this post Send Email to Knopflers Fingers   Send PM to Knopflers Fingers
 
doggone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1747
Reply | Quote
Re: Evans' Deep Purple footage Live in Mexico


Will they be playing at the HOF ceremony? emoticon
21/2/2016, 11:42 Link to this post Send Email to doggone   Send PM to doggone
 
David Meadows Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

The Fountain Of Useless Knowledge
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 5641
Reply | Quote
Re: Evans' Deep Purple footage Live in Mexico


quote:

doggone wrote:

Will they be playing at the HOF ceremony? emoticon



Going by the logic of some fans, they MUST play at the HOF ceremony because any other result is an insult to Rod and to the fans, and Gillan is an arsehole if he does not allow it.

---
"Music, shorn of labels and standing alone, when it is conceived, composed and performed with love and integrity, can elevate us all."
Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
22/2/2016, 9:02 Link to this post Send Email to David Meadows   Send PM to David Meadows
 
Concrete god Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 1891
Reply | Quote
Re: Evans' Deep Purple footage Live in Mexico


quote:

JohnnyWest wrote:

quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

fdr wrote:

quote:

SixtyNine wrote:

Okay, let's be honest, SOTW is sucha a simple song to play that even Bogus Purple sound OK. Even Evans doesn't seem to struggle too much. After all these years it comes down to an anecdote, a funny anecdote.



Yet, they manage to screw up the final passage of the solo (those two chords before going back to the riff) like the worst school cover band... or like they never really rehearsed it!


Indeed. Countless amateur bands play this song better.




Funny thing is though If this line was playing in my town on the same night as the current DP .... I'd be checking out the bogus DP.




 emoticon emoticon
31/3/2016, 21:52 Link to this post Send Email to Concrete god   Send PM to Concrete god Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2 





You are not logged in (login)