Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

 
Rezi Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info



Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 16629
Reply | Quote
Re: Sydney 84 DVD out late 2013


quote:

ptr wrote:

Vienna 87 shows perfectly why I´m happy that Ritchie is gone and that Steve Morse is guitar player of band called Deep Purple. DP would be crucified after such a show these days! Ritchie mess almost every song during the show - Highway Star is DREADFUL, Strange Kind Of Woman - what a bad start, fooling around Woman From Tokyo is just embarrassing...

BTW - there is a full show available on youtube.



Of course any DREADFUL MESS from Gillan is perfectly alright. Right? Right. emoticon

They call it the double standard.
4/1/2013, 13:04 Link to this post Send Email to Rezi   Send PM to Rezi
 
Rezi Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info



Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 16629
Reply | Quote
Re: Sydney 84 DVD out late 2013


quote:

Eirik Solum wrote:

A DVD from 87/88 would be great. I think they did some fantastic gigs, on the nights Gillan was in fine form.

Vienna 87 was not the best night, but some ok audience footage - full show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI7hMNy7WlU

(Edit: Hear Blackmore shouting in Gillans mic at 4.29.. emoticon )



My favourite video of the tour is Helsinki. A great show.
4/1/2013, 13:05 Link to this post Send Email to Rezi   Send PM to Rezi
 
purplefan1 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 12-2011
Posts: 82
Reply | Quote
Re: Sydney 84 DVD out late 2013


I was watching some of the Helsinki 87 dvd recently.....the version I have is pin sharp but quite distant. I'd say the Malmo show is the best recording I've seen of that tour overall.
5/1/2013, 14:45 Link to this post Send Email to purplefan1   Send PM to purplefan1 Blog
 
Witchy Nightmare Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 03-2005
Posts: 3328
Reply | Quote
Re: Sydney 84 DVD out late 2013


quote:

ptr wrote:

Vienna 87 shows perfectly why I´m happy that Ritchie is gone and that Steve Morse is guitar player of band called Deep Purple.


Interesting. I thought the the DP Mk Nowadays fans like them because they like Steve's playing and not because of the absence of another guitar player. Now I know better.


5/1/2013, 16:38 Link to this post Send Email to Witchy Nightmare   Send PM to Witchy Nightmare
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 3253
Reply | Quote
Re: Sydney 84 DVD out late 2013


quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

Vienna 87 shows perfectly why I´m happy that Ritchie is gone and that Steve Morse is guitar player of band called Deep Purple.


Interesting. I thought the the DP Mk Nowadays fans like them because they like Steve's playing and not because of the absence of another guitar player. Now I know better.





Ritchie´s playing is so dreadful here... Steve´s playing oscilates between good and phenomenal. No more bad shows like this.
5/1/2013, 17:51 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6272
Reply | Quote
Re: Sydney 84 DVD out late 2013


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

Vienna 87 shows perfectly why I´m happy that Ritchie is gone and that Steve Morse is guitar player of band called Deep Purple.


Interesting. I thought the the DP Mk Nowadays fans like them because they like Steve's playing and not because of the absence of another guitar player. Now I know better.





Ritchie´s playing is so dreadful here... Steve´s playing oscilates between good and phenomenal. No more bad shows like this.



Thats very true the current DP are indeed a very professional outfit but unfortunately also a rather boring outfit.The FACT is Deep Purple were and always will be Jon and Ritchies band ,Steve Morse as you say is a wonderful guitar player but he is NOT Ritchie Blackmore, NOBODY plays guitar like Blackers the guy is a living genius.Steve Morse will only ever be a substitute.No we dont get shows where the guitar player plays badly but we also dont get shows where the guitar player demonstrates other worldly talents either.

5/1/2013, 18:13 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
Al Erikson Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2006
Posts: 3393
Reply | Quote
Re: Sydney 84 DVD out late 2013


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

Vienna 87 shows perfectly why I´m happy that Ritchie is gone and that Steve Morse is guitar player of band called Deep Purple.


Interesting. I thought the the DP Mk Nowadays fans like them because they like Steve's playing and not because of the absence of another guitar player. Now I know better.





Ritchie´s playing is so dreadful here... Steve´s playing oscilates between good and phenomenal. No more bad shows like this.



Thats very true the current DP are indeed a very professional outfit but unfortunately also a rather boring outfit.The FACT is Deep Purple were and always will be Jon and Ritchies band ,Steve Morse as you say is a wonderful guitar player but he is NOT Ritchie Blackmore, NOBODY plays guitar like Blackers the guy is a living genius.Steve Morse will only ever be a substitute.No we dont get shows where the guitar player plays badly but we also dont get shows where the guitar player demonstrates other worldly talents either.




+1
As much as I'm thankful to Steve Morse for having allowed to keep the Purple flame alive, even with new stuff, I must say that none of the Deep Purple or Rainbow shows I attended since 1987 with Ritchie Blackmore on guitar has been boring. No matter the set-list, this guy is a charismatic genius on stage.

I have real respect for Steve Morse and I appreciate lots of his input to Deep Purple, but the magic is definitely not the same.

---
"Booze kills.
But how many people are born because of it?"
5/1/2013, 18:31 Link to this post Send Email to Al Erikson   Send PM to Al Erikson
 
Eirik Solum Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2004
Posts: 2477
Reply | Quote
Re: Sydney 84 DVD out late 2013


I understand now that I probably am a bigger Blackmore fan than most people in here. I think his playing is cool here. Flowing, unpredictable and energic. There are better shows, but I find this far more interesting than almost any Morse show.

That said, Blackmore has payed some REALLY crappy stuff. Like the solo spots he used to do in 80s Rainbow.. Jeeez.

Last edited by Eirik Solum, 5/1/2013, 18:32
5/1/2013, 18:31 Link to this post Send Email to Eirik Solum   Send PM to Eirik Solum
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6272
Reply | Quote
Re: Sydney 84 DVD out late 2013


quote:

Eirik Solum wrote:

I understand now that I probably am a bigger Blackmore fan than most people in here. I think his playing is cool here. Flowing, unpredictable and energic. There are better shows, but I find this far more interesting than almost any Morse show.

That said, Blackmore has payed some REALLY crappy stuff. Like the solo spots he used to do in 80s Rainbow.. Jeeez.



Yes Blackers played some AWFUL live stuff throughout the 80s only HE knows the answer to why?But he was simply untouchable in the 70s and for a good part of the 90s too

5/1/2013, 20:33 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
Witchy Nightmare Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 03-2005
Posts: 3328
Reply | Quote
Re: Sydney 84 DVD out late 2013


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

Vienna 87 shows perfectly why I´m happy that Ritchie is gone and that Steve Morse is guitar player of band called Deep Purple.


Interesting. I thought the the DP Mk Nowadays fans like them because they like Steve's playing and not because of the absence of another guitar player. Now I know better.





Ritchie´s playing is so dreadful here... Steve´s playing oscilates between good and phenomenal. No more bad shows like this.


I don't disagree to this. I just referred to your entry which just stated Ritchie's dreadful playing as reason why you're happy with Steve Morse in the band.

Ironically, on hist last tour with DP in 1993 Blackmore played much better than in the 1980's. And nobody knows how his playing would have developed if he had stayed longer with the band.
5/1/2013, 21:28 Link to this post Send Email to Witchy Nightmare   Send PM to Witchy Nightmare
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 





You are not logged in (login)