Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

 
Purplerock Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 01-2008
Posts: 194
Reply | Quote
Re: Morse's chugging version of Perfect Strangers is brilliant!


I edited this post as it made little sense. Well, on that score I should have done the same with most of my other ones. emoticon

Last edited by Purplerock, 29/3/2008, 14:37
29/3/2008, 9:11 Link to this post Send Email to Purplerock   Send PM to Purplerock
 
Rezi Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 04-2004
Posts: 16629
Reply | Quote
Re: Morse's chugging version of Perfect Strangers is brilliant!


Frankly, I was speechless because that kind of thinking is so alien to me. I can't really comment it otherwise (the "question" is absurd, the only answer I can come up with is "whatever") than I already did: When you meet a martyr, leave him/her be.

If he (NFN) comes here to with a "task", well then he does. Like he said earlier, "there's nothing I can do about it".
29/3/2008, 13:15 Link to this post Send Email to Rezi   Send PM to Rezi
 
Purplerock Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 01-2008
Posts: 194
Reply | Quote
Re: Morse's chugging version of Perfect Strangers is brilliant!


Put your feet up and have a nice cup o' tea. emoticon

 emoticon
29/3/2008, 14:40 Link to this post Send Email to Purplerock   Send PM to Purplerock
 
Namnikufecin Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 11-2004
Posts: 638
Reply | Quote
Re: Morse's chugging version of Perfect Strangers is brilliant!


quote:

Frankly, I was speechless because that kind of thinking is so alien to me


 emoticon You must be kidding, right?
29/3/2008, 17:04 Link to this post Send Email to Namnikufecin   Send PM to Namnikufecin
 
Boulder Bolin Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2007
Posts: 402
Reply | Quote
Re: Morse's chugging version of Perfect Strangers is brilliant!


Well Rezi,it seems we share the opinion that Morse tkes all the ambience and majesty out of PS and replaces it with tasteless whammy bar [sign in to see URL] tracks' original appeal,to me anyway,was the foreboding sound of Blackmores' playing with some space for depth and [sign in to see URL] takes the song down the weary,overtraveled 80s' distortion deluxe treatment,rendering everything I found exciting about the song in the first place,unrecognizable and mute.A hack-job of epic proportions-that's a fact! emoticon CHEERS
29/3/2008, 17:16 Link to this post Send Email to Boulder Bolin   Send PM to Boulder Bolin
 
Purplerock Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 01-2008
Posts: 194
Reply | Quote
Re: Morse's chugging version of Perfect Strangers is brilliant!


quote:

Boulder Bolin wrote:

Well Rezi,it seems we share the opinion that Morse tkes all the ambience and majesty out of PS and replaces it with tasteless whammy bar [sign in to see URL] tracks' original appeal,to me anyway,was the foreboding sound of Blackmores' playing with some space for depth and [sign in to see URL] takes the song down the weary,overtraveled 80s' distortion deluxe treatment,rendering everything I found exciting about the song in the first place,unrecognizable and mute.A hack-job of epic proportions-that's a fact! emoticon CHEERS


What a load of old rubbish. emoticon

Morse has changed it for the better - and then some. emoticon

You aren't into stuff like Stormbringer as well are you. Are you Rezi in disguise? emoticon
29/3/2008, 17:21 Link to this post Send Email to Purplerock   Send PM to Purplerock
 
Boulder Bolin Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2007
Posts: 402
Reply | Quote
Re: Morse's chugging version of Perfect Strangers is brilliant!


I love Stormbringer and I can assure you that I'm NOT [sign in to see URL]'ve disagreed on many topics(Rezi and I,that is)so the theory that I'm really Rezi is baseless and ill-informed at best,Purplerock. emoticon I admire your conviction to stand behind your opinion on the Morse-infected version of PS,however!! emoticon CHEERS
29/3/2008, 17:26 Link to this post Send Email to Boulder Bolin   Send PM to Boulder Bolin
 
Purplerock Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 01-2008
Posts: 194
Reply | Quote
Re: Morse's chugging version of Perfect Strangers is brilliant!


quote:

Boulder Bolin wrote:

I love Stormbringer and I can assure you that I'm NOT [sign in to see URL]'ve disagreed on many topics(Rezi and I,that is)so the theory that I'm really Rezi is baseless and ill-informed at best,Purplerock. emoticon I admire your conviction to stand behind your opinion on the Morse-infected version of PS,however!! emoticon CHEERS


I'm actually MkI and MkII loyal going back 37 years.

There are no "tasteless whammy bar histrionics" or "A hack-job of epic proportions-that's a fact!" It certainly isn't a fact at all. You just don't like it. Simple as that.

Far from doing as you wrongly claim to the track, I agree with ptr who said:

"Now, seriously! I love that sound, he completely "reinvented" that song, bring new life for it, and yes, for me he plays that song 1000000 times better than Ritchie EVER played!"

And Apolllo who said:

"I also really like this version. I think were Morse sound the worst is when he tries to copy Blackmore note for note. I think he adapted this song perfectly, it suits his playing and for me is in the spirit of the song, so it fit great..."

And the "majesty" of the track triple quadrupled! Or ten times more than it was.

The studio version was absolutely crying out for something different to be done with it live. It's a brilliant master stroke!

As ptr says, he brought new life to the song. He didn't do as you claim it at all and it's factually incorrect to say so. The only "fact" is that you simply don't like it, simple as that - nothing more, nothing less.

And I won't take any lessons from anyone into mamby pamby non-DP Stormbringer. Now that definitely is a fact. emoticon
29/3/2008, 17:47 Link to this post Send Email to Purplerock   Send PM to Purplerock
 
BGGLP Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 08-2006
Posts: 595
Reply | Quote
Re: Morse's chugging version of Perfect Strangers is brilliant!


quote:

Purplerock wrote:

quote:

Rezi wrote:

You mentioned 'rubbish' in the sister thread...

Oh well, never try to convert a martyr. emoticon


No, no, no (to quote my friend) I said it as pure humour - that why it had emoticon

 emoticon



Your sense of humour shines through clearly when you praise MKMorse.
29/3/2008, 18:07 Link to this post Send PM to BGGLP
 
Purplerock Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 01-2008
Posts: 194
Reply | Quote
Re: Morse's chugging version of Perfect Strangers is brilliant!


quote:

BGGLP wrote:

quote:

Purplerock wrote:

quote:

Rezi wrote:

You mentioned 'rubbish' in the sister thread...

Oh well, never try to convert a martyr. emoticon


No, no, no (to quote my friend) I said it as pure humour - that why it had emoticon

 emoticon



Your sense of humour shines through clearly when you praise MKMorse.


Oh look its Mr No Humour or is it really Boulder Bolin. emoticon
29/3/2008, 18:21 Link to this post Send Email to Purplerock   Send PM to Purplerock
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 





You are not logged in (login)