Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3 ... 9  10  11 

 
Al Erikson Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2006
Posts: 3393
Reply | Quote
Re: When a Blind Man Cries...interesting video


quote:

Reborn Again wrote:
It’s you and lightintheblack not Mary L who are obsessed with debating historical facts!



Hey Reborn, did you get yourself a Valentine? emoticon

---
"Booze kills.
But how many people are born because of it?"
10/2/2008, 21:05 Link to this post Send Email to Al Erikson   Send PM to Al Erikson
 
Reborn Again Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user
Global user

Registered: 04-2007
Posts: 564
Reply | Quote
Re: When a Blind Man Cries...interesting video


quote:

Mary L wrote:
Trading solos within a given framework does not constitute songwriting.
According to Glover Blackmore wrote six songs for Machine Head.



quote:

KillerBananas wrote:
...and what's your problem anyway, Mary L?



quote:

Reborn Again wrote:
It’s you and lightintheblack not Mary L who are obsessed with debating historical facts!



quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:
thats got to be your best and most sensible post yet Reborn



quote:

KillerBananas wrote:
Naaa... I'm just debating your historical facts, Reborn!



You’re wrong! In fact, you’re debating historical facts not opinions. The statement that Blackmore was the primary songwriter of Mark II is factual and would not be disputed by any member of the band. Yet, you carry on even using a photo of Gillan writing lyrics not music as a pathetic excuse for your own irrational behavior.

You, lightintheblack and other Mark Morse supporters respond to any criticism of the current lineup by attempting to rewrite history. Blackmore has made many mistakes in his career but deserves better than having revisionists like you diminishing his accomplishments.

---
It's time to celebrate the return of The Man in Black in 2008
10/2/2008, 23:22 Link to this post Send Email to Reborn Again   Send PM to Reborn Again
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5759
Reply | Quote
Re: When a Blind Man Cries...interesting video


quote:

Reborn Again wrote:


You, lightintheblack and other Mark Morse supporters respond to any criticism of the current lineup by attempting to rewrite history. Blackmore has made many mistakes in his career but deserves better than having revisionists like you diminishing his accomplishments.



Reborn I very much doubt that there is a bigger admirer of TMIBs work than myself the guy is and always will be my all time favourite guitar player IMHO no one comes even close to RB when it comes to playing with pure feel and emotion but that said despite the high esteem I hold him in this does not cloud my judgement to the FACT that yes he did come up with most of the ideas for riffs and melodys(and it is well documented that many of these were not really purely his own ie he heard certain sounds and changed them slightly) but as I have stated before and a point which you simply choose to ignore for the sake of your argument is that a RIFF is NOT a SONG as he stated himself he would go to the band with a raw idea and after the others had their input we would have a [sign in to see URL] is an indisputable [sign in to see URL] would not have been the huge band they became without the major contributions of JL,IP and your good friends Gillan and Glover that is also a [sign in to see URL] best work has always come when he had a strong songwriting partner/partners as in DP and of course Rainbow with RJD
11/2/2008, 0:23 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
Reborn Again Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user
Global user

Registered: 04-2007
Posts: 564
Reply | Quote
Re: When a Blind Man Cries...interesting video


I’m glad you still consider yourself a Blackmore fan. You seem stuck on the word ‘primary’. For a few years, Deep Purple did as Lord suggested as no one else had any ideas. After receiving inspiration from Zeppelin, Blackmore became the most important member of the band in terms of musical direction and songwriting until he left. Not surprisingly, the band split after one album without their leader.

Blackmore has discussed songwriting in depth over the years. In regards to Mark II, Lord wrote the equivalent of one song each album. Paice didn’t write but was always enthusiastic. Glover wrote some while Gillan added the lyrics. Blackmore once considered riffs and improvisations his strong points but was the primary songwriter in Deep Purple by default because no one had any ideas when asked.

---
It's time to celebrate the return of The Man in Black in 2008
11/2/2008, 3:15 Link to this post Send Email to Reborn Again   Send PM to Reborn Again
 
Mary L Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user
Global user

Registered: 01-2008
Posts: 16
Reply | Quote
Re: When a Blind Man Cries...interesting video


quote:

KillerBananas wrote:

quote:

Mary L wrote:

quote:

KillerBananas wrote:


No banning because of different opinions please...

Reborn, and a few others, have a right to say that "Deep Purple MKMorse sucks" and we have the right to say "No, they don't". .



And call Blackmore an idiot and mentally sick. Right, KB? Ring any bells?




To say that Blackmore is an idiot and mentally [sign in to see URL] an opinion, and not a fact (proven anyway). Did I say that he is an idiot and mentally sick? When? Where? Under what topic?



You said he dresses like an idiot. Mocking people based on clothes they wear is very poor in taste. Only retards do that.
You said he's mentally ill in the same post where you said he smokes weed.

11/2/2008, 6:55 Link to this post Send Email to Mary L   Send PM to Mary L
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 ... 9  10  11 





You are not logged in (login)