Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3 

 
MrsSnap Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2427
Reply | Quote
Re: Coronarias Redig


There are 47 sites about coronarias on google. All something medical. Unfortunately I don't understand a word. It's all portougese or spanish or similar.
11/1/2008, 19:53 Link to this post Send Email to MrsSnap   Send PM to MrsSnap
 
Al Erikson Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2006
Posts: 3393
Reply | Quote
Re: Coronarias Redig


Actually, I've read the song is about a guy working at Las Vegas morgue. He is in charge of burying the corpses after autopsy. One day, he goes in the desert and buries the corpse of a guy who just won at the Grand Casino MGM and jumped through the window to celebrate his luck. While doing it, he's observed by two Indians Cherokee who witnessed his truck with the "Coroner" mark on it. On the way back to Vegas, he realizes that he forgot to remove the dead guy's golden watch. He makes a U-turn and goes back to the spot where he buried the body and starts digging again. That's what the two Indians called "Coronarias Re-Dig"... Simple, ain't it?

---
"Booze kills.
But how many people are born because of it?"
11/1/2008, 20:08 Link to this post Send Email to Al Erikson   Send PM to Al Erikson
 
MrEd45 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Admin
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 9983
Reply | Quote
Re: Coronarias Redig


quote:

MrsSnap wrote:
 There are 47 sites about coronarias on google. All something medical. Unfortunately I don't understand a word. It's all portougese or spanish or similar.



 On a whim, I just Googled Coronarias Redig and this was the result:

Results 1 - 10 of about 10,800 for Coronarias Redig ([sign in to see URL] seconds)

...sorry, but I ain't searching through 10,800 references! emoticon

---
" Those who can - do. Those who can't do - teach. Those who can't do or teach - administrate."
- Anon.

" One that will not reason is a bigot. One that cannot reason is an ignoramus. One that dares not reason is a slave." - Anon
11/1/2008, 20:22 Link to this post Send Email to MrEd45   Send PM to MrEd45 Blog
 
MrsSnap Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2427
Reply | Quote
Re: Coronarias Redig


quote:

MrEd45 wrote:

quote:

MrsSnap wrote:
 There are 47 sites about coronarias on google. All something medical. Unfortunately I don't understand a word. It's all portougese or spanish or similar.



 On a whim, I just Googled Coronarias Redig and this was the result:

Results 1 - 10 of about 10,800 for Coronarias Redig ([sign in to see URL] seconds)

...sorry, but I ain't searching through 10,800 references! emoticon




Me neither. Especially not when I don't understand a word emoticon
But may be Herky likes.
11/1/2008, 21:02 Link to this post Send Email to MrsSnap   Send PM to MrsSnap
 
MrEd45 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Admin
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 9983
Reply | Quote
Re: Coronarias Redig


 My Google Search thing has a 'translate page' option & it seems that 'coronarias' refers to heart/arterial disease(s) of various descriptions/symptoms & [sign in to see URL] sounds Latin, that's fer shur!

---
" Those who can - do. Those who can't do - teach. Those who can't do or teach - administrate."
- Anon.

" One that will not reason is a bigot. One that cannot reason is an ignoramus. One that dares not reason is a slave." - Anon
11/1/2008, 21:42 Link to this post Send Email to MrEd45   Send PM to MrEd45 Blog
 
herky10 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 01-2006
Posts: 197
Reply | Quote
Re: Coronarias Redig




 emoticon

Last edited by herky10, 11/1/2008, 22:55
11/1/2008, 22:36 Link to this post Send Email to herky10   Send PM to herky10
 
purpletemple Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 8892
Reply | Quote
Re: Coronarias Redig


quote:

Al Erikson wrote:

Actually, I've read the song is about a guy working at Las Vegas morgue. He is in charge of burying the corpses after autopsy. One day, he goes in the desert and buries the corpse of a guy who just won at the Grand Casino MGM and jumped through the window to celebrate his luck. While doing it, he's observed by two Indians Cherokee who witnessed his truck with the "Coroner" mark on it. On the way back to Vegas, he realizes that he forgot to remove the dead guy's golden watch. He makes a U-turn and goes back to the spot where he buried the body and starts digging again. That's what the two Indians called "Coronarias Re-Dig"... Simple, ain't it?



This is quite a "nice" story. Although, why would you jump through a window if you just won at the casino?

 emoticon

---
"Did you know you have hairs up your nostrils?"
18/1/2008, 9:01 Link to this post Send Email to purpletemple   Send PM to purpletemple
 
Al Erikson Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2006
Posts: 3393
Reply | Quote
Re: Coronarias Redig


quote:

purpletemple wrote:

quote:

Al Erikson wrote:

Actually, I've read the song is about a guy working at Las Vegas morgue. He is in charge of burying the corpses after autopsy. One day, he goes in the desert and buries the corpse of a guy who just won at the Grand Casino MGM and jumped through the window to celebrate his luck. While doing it, he's observed by two Indians Cherokee who witnessed his truck with the "Coroner" mark on it. On the way back to Vegas, he realizes that he forgot to remove the dead guy's golden watch. He makes a U-turn and goes back to the spot where he buried the body and starts digging again. That's what the two Indians called "Coronarias Re-Dig"... Simple, ain't it?



This is quite a "nice" story. Although, why would you jump through a window if you just won at the casino?

 emoticon



Do you really think it is the most irrational part of the story?
 emoticon

---
"Booze kills.
But how many people are born because of it?"
18/1/2008, 10:02 Link to this post Send Email to Al Erikson   Send PM to Al Erikson
 
Atle Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 6028
Reply | Quote
Re: Coronarias Redig


quote:

Al Erikson wrote:

quote:

purpletemple wrote:

quote:

Al Erikson wrote:

Actually, I've read the song is about a guy working at Las Vegas morgue. He is in charge of burying the corpses after autopsy. One day, he goes in the desert and buries the corpse of a guy who just won at the Grand Casino MGM and jumped through the window to celebrate his luck. While doing it, he's observed by two Indians Cherokee who witnessed his truck with the "Coroner" mark on it. On the way back to Vegas, he realizes that he forgot to remove the dead guy's golden watch. He makes a U-turn and goes back to the spot where he buried the body and starts digging again. That's what the two Indians called "Coronarias Re-Dig"... Simple, ain't it?



This is quite a "nice" story. Although, why would you jump through a window if you just won at the casino?

 emoticon



Do you really think it is the most irrational part of the story?
 emoticon



It's a helluvan inspiration for a title for an instrumental track. Heck, why not?



---
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
- Albert Einstein
18/1/2008, 13:53 Link to this post Send Email to Atle   Send PM to Atle Blog
 
harryurz Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2003
Posts: 1121
Reply | Quote
Re: Coronarias Redig


IIRC it was a title suggested by Ian Paice ( meaning 'return of the coronet'?). The track was originally supposed to be a proper B-side with vocals but DC had overslept/overindulged and his voice chords were shot!
So the bands just did it as an instrumental with a few 'oooh's and 'ahhs' emoticon
18/1/2008, 16:17 Link to this post Send Email to harryurz   Send PM to harryurz
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 





You are not logged in (login)