Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2 

 
Beese Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2365
Reply | Quote
Re: Black Sabbath Seventh Star


quote:

Trollprincess wrote:

The "Dep Sessions" are definately worth being listened.



There's something quite unique sounding to the Dep Sessions.

Glenn does some really soulful vocals on it, which were recorded in 96 and if you listen to the original demos fit in to the music well, if somewhat predictably.

But Iommi overdid most of his guitar work and it sounds a lot heavier and crunchier than his original recordings and when mixed with the very soulful vocals from Glenn you get songs that sound quite different.
11/5/2006, 1:21 Link to this post Send Email to Beese   Send PM to Beese
 
Trollprincess Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Swiss Cheese Grater
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 11270
Reply | Quote
Re: Black Sabbath Seventh Star


Only just the opener "I'm Gone" knocks me out of my socks! And the wonderful "From Another World". A "ballad with balls". All in all, every song on this album has its unique style; and you can really feel the playful mood from the involved couple.

---
The income tax of Honk Kong is no higher than 15%.
11/5/2006, 16:54 Link to this post Send Email to Trollprincess   Send PM to Trollprincess
 
PTsTP Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2006
Posts: 672
Reply | Quote
Re: Black Sabbath Seventh Star


Glenn and Iommi make great music together-no doubt!

Seventh Star is just amazing! I had tickets for the Miami show, which never materialised emoticon .
The collaboration was over after a dozen shows emoticon

But it wasnt! emoticon emoticon

Unfortunately, 8th Star wasnt released. The stated reason was leaks to the internet. Guess what? The fans loved it!

So Iommi polished it off and released it as DEP. Plainly put, this is a f****** awesome album. I have some issues with the 'polishing', because the originals were quite good, but raw. So you lose the 'day in history' when a group of musicians were in the studio jamming [sign in to see URL] yeah, it's 2000's and this album is late for release emoticon

I'm totally in tune with Glenn and Tonys' music- I have lived thier lyrics.

Their music has a base, a soul. Experience of loss, [sign in to see URL] 'squalls' of intermittent joy( emoticon )They work great together.

 It would be interesting to see a Hughes/ Gary Moore reunion. I dont see those paths crossing, as they are at different directions.

20/5/2006, 22:45 Link to this post Send Email to PTsTP   Send PM to PTsTP
 
Apostate Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 05-2005
Posts: 1843
Reply | Quote
Re: Black Sabbath Seventh Star


quote:

PTsTP wrote:

Glenn and Iommi make great music together-no doubt!

Seventh Star is just amazing! I had tickets for the Miami show, which never materialised emoticon .
The collaboration was over after a dozen shows emoticon

But it wasnt! emoticon emoticon

Unfortunately, 8th Star wasnt released. The stated reason was leaks to the internet. Guess what? The fans loved it!

So Iommi polished it off and released it as DEP. Plainly put, this is a f****** awesome album. I have some issues with the 'polishing', because the originals were quite good, but raw. So you lose the 'day in history' when a group of musicians were in the studio jamming [sign in to see URL] yeah, it's 2000's and this album is late for release emoticon

I'm totally in tune with Glenn and Tonys' music- I have lived thier lyrics.

Their music has a base, a soul. Experience of loss, [sign in to see URL] 'squalls' of intermittent joy( emoticon )They work great together.

 It would be interesting to see a Hughes/ Gary Moore reunion. I dont see those paths crossing, as they are at different directions.




I especially agree with the last. I love both Gary and Glenn, but apparently Gary is pretty much as difficult as Ritchie, Michael Schenker, et al. Too bad, especially considering the great blues stuff they'd probably come up with.



---
"Evil mind, lookin' down, without seeing at all."
20/5/2006, 22:55 Link to this post Send Email to Apostate   Send PM to Apostate
 
Beese Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2365
Reply | Quote
Re: Black Sabbath Seventh Star


quote:

PTsTP wrote:
 It would be interesting to see a Hughes/ Gary Moore reunion. I dont see those paths crossing, as they are at different directions.




I dunno, I'm not that impressed by Run For Cover, I definitely don't think it's the best collaborations Glenn's done.
25/5/2006, 1:25 Link to this post Send Email to Beese   Send PM to Beese
 
Apostate Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 05-2005
Posts: 1843
Reply | Quote
Re: Black Sabbath Seventh Star


quote:

Beese wrote:

quote:

PTsTP wrote:
 It would be interesting to see a Hughes/ Gary Moore reunion. I dont see those paths crossing, as they are at different directions.




I dunno, I'm not that impressed by Run For Cover, I definitely don't think it's the best collaborations Glenn's done.



For anyone looking for the best representation of Gary Moore, I always pick out We Want Moore. For blues enthusiasts, I think Blues Alive is devastatingly good.



---
"Evil mind, lookin' down, without seeing at all."
25/5/2006, 14:51 Link to this post Send Email to Apostate   Send PM to Apostate
 
Sandbagger1 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

I can Handel it
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1015
Reply | Quote
Re: Black Sabbath Seventh Star


Much of the critique at the time, was that many felt it was too commercial, it just wasn't 'fashionable' to say you liked this album. The reality is, there's not a bad song on it. Iommi dated Lita Ford at this time, and appeared in one of her videos.

An image has been removed. Please do not link to copyrighted material without permission from the copyright owner. Thank you.

Last edited by Runboard Staff, 19/7/2006, 5:21
9/6/2006, 19:01 Link to this post Send Email to Sandbagger1   Send PM to Sandbagger1
 
Apostate Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 05-2005
Posts: 1843
Reply | Quote
Re: Black Sabbath Seventh Star


quote:

Sandbagger1 wrote:

Much of the critique at the time, was that many felt it was too commercial, it just wasn't 'fashionable' to say you liked this album. The reality is, there's not a bad song on it. Iommi dated Lita Ford at this time, and appeared in one of her videos.




I agree. I think really good albums like Schenker's Unforgiven get the same treatment.

An image has been removed. Please do not link to copyrighted material without permission from the copyright owner. Thank you.

Last edited by Runboard Staff, 19/7/2006, 5:23


---
"Evil mind, lookin' down, without seeing at all."
12/6/2006, 15:56 Link to this post Send Email to Apostate   Send PM to Apostate
 
Ovader Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 12-2004
Posts: 234
Reply | Quote
Re: Black Sabbath Seventh Star


Two CD edition of Seventh Star to be released on October 25. No idea of personnel or date of the second disc which I assume is a live recording.

Disc: 1
1. In For The Kill
2. No Stranger To Love
3. Turn To Stone
4. Sphinx (The Guardian)
5. Seventh Star
6. Danger Zone
7. Heart Like A Wheel
8. Angry Heart
9. In Memory
10. No Stranger To Love
11. No Stranger To Love - Black Sabbath, Jeff Glixman
Disc: 2
1. Mob Rules
2. Danger Zone
3. War Pigs
4. Seventh Star
5. Die Young
6. Black Sabbath
7. [sign in to see URL]
8. Neon Knights
9. Paranoid
15/9/2010, 2:36 Link to this post Send Email to Ovader   Send PM to Ovader
 
Ovader Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 12-2004
Posts: 234
Reply | Quote
Re: Black Sabbath Seventh Star


Disc 2 is a live concert. It was recorded on June 2, 1986 and has Ray Gillen on vocals. Eternal Idol is to be released on the same date with the Gillen vocal tracks on the 2nd disc.
15/9/2010, 23:59 Link to this post Send Email to Ovader   Send PM to Ovader
 


Reply

Page:  1  2 





You are not logged in (login)