Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 9  10  11 

 
harryurz Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2003
Posts: 1127
Reply | Quote
Re: Good Quality Video Of Rapture Of The Deep


quote:

All of these appearances were embarrassing. I don't think they sold one more record because of them; I'm even sure they could have sold more without them. Which is a shame, since Rapture was and still is a great album.



TV sound reproduction always makes bands playing live sound downright awful; remember back in 'the good old days'(!) Jimmy Page/Led Zep refusing to do little or no TV appearances because of this problem.
23/10/2006, 12:03 Link to this post Send Email to harryurz   Send PM to harryurz
 
mrsnip Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Mr. Black Hat
Global user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 3350
Reply | Quote
Re: Good Quality Video Of Rapture Of The Deep


quote:

KillerBananas wrote:

Btw, I don't think that Steve Morse appears like a turd at all.

Nor do I. I have never said so.
23/10/2006, 16:33 Link to this post Send Email to mrsnip   Send PM to mrsnip
 
mrsnip Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Mr. Black Hat
Global user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 3350
Reply | Quote
Re: Good Quality Video Of Rapture Of The Deep


quote:

Rezi wrote:
but MrSnip slagged off Steve Morse, a member of Deep Purple - the subject matter of this forum.



I have followed this conversation, and would like to add my side to it.

I didn't call Morse a turd. I wouldn't do so.
23/10/2006, 16:58 Link to this post Send Email to mrsnip   Send PM to mrsnip
 
Al Erikson Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2006
Posts: 3393
Reply | Quote
Re: Good Quality Video Of Rapture Of The Deep


quote:

Mark Dreier wrote:

I remember when I saw this song in the TV show. DP were in quite a lot of shows when Rapture was released. I also remember the most horrible playback performance of Smoke on the Water ever during the TV Total celebrities high diving. And Ian Gillan was twice the guest in the SAT 1 Morning Programme "Frühstücksfernsehen".

All of these appearances were embarrassing. I don't think they sold one more record because of them; I'm even sure they could have sold more without them. Which is a shame, since Rapture was and still is a great album.

This was the time when I had to justify being a DP fan to some of my friends - until then they found it strange that I listen to those old guys, but they respected it. After seing these shows, they had more problems understanding me. And I don't blame them.

If they will ever again appear on TV here, I won't see it, that's for sure.



You should not feel embarrassed towards your friends, Ulf. Every band has its good & bad times. Your friends need to listen to the whole Purple discography to be allowed to criticized them. It's a fact nowaday's media are very good in turning great things into s**t... Deep Purple are good because their records are and will be forever...


Last edited by Al Erikson, 23/10/2006, 17:35


---
"Booze kills.
But how many people are born because of it?"
23/10/2006, 17:33 Link to this post Send Email to Al Erikson   Send PM to Al Erikson
 
Blackmore on Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 05-2004
Posts: 793
Reply | Quote
Re: Good Quality Video Of Rapture Of The Deep


Sure whatever you say... but since my post was censored I don't have the opportunity to defend my point.........
I will have to learn the humor of Mr snip posts
so I can enjoy them in the future.
Some people in a town here in Sweden (skellefteå) hanged a doll (full size) supposed to be a certain hockeyplayer who left their team from a bridge. Suppose that's humor too....
I don't like repetitive mudslinging on anyone just because you don't like them...
sorry guys that's just me.
And I don't like to be told what I know and don't know about certain things either.
23/10/2006, 17:39 Link to this post Send Email to Blackmore on   Send PM to Blackmore on
 
Mr Blobby Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Banned user
Global user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 925
Reply | Quote
Re: Good Quality Video Of Rapture Of The Deep


quote:

Blackmore on wrote:

 but since my post was censored I don't have the opportunity to defend my point.........
 



It was probably censored for a reason.
Everyone has a different sense of [sign in to see URL] are right, you will have to learn Mr Snips.

---
If you dont agree with my opinion...Then tough.
23/10/2006, 18:14 Link to this post Send Email to Mr Blobby   Send PM to Mr Blobby
 
Blackmore on Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 05-2004
Posts: 793
Reply | Quote
Re: Good Quality Video Of Rapture Of The Deep


It's great to see we agree to disagree.... emoticon
And I belive Mr snip didn't take it to hard.. since he is here to defend himself, while others are not.
Would love to see you guys say these things to their face (Gillan/Morse) and stand for it.
Censorship is bad in all forms and places, if you can deliver you can take.
23/10/2006, 19:40 Link to this post Send Email to Blackmore on   Send PM to Blackmore on
 
mrsnip Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Mr. Black Hat
Global user

Registered: 11-2003
Posts: 3350
Reply | Quote
Re: Good Quality Video Of Rapture Of The Deep


quote:

Blackmore on wrote:
Would love to see you guys say these things to their face (Gillan/Morse) and stand for it.



Well, Mr White hat, since they only wants to be in the company of asskissers, that is not an option, is it?

--
Mr. Black hat.
23/10/2006, 19:51 Link to this post Send Email to mrsnip   Send PM to mrsnip
 
Blackmore on Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 05-2004
Posts: 793
Reply | Quote
Re: Good Quality Video Of Rapture Of The Deep


Mr white hat....? And by the way.. what's wrong with kissing ass.. at least not my missus.
23/10/2006, 21:23 Link to this post Send Email to Blackmore on   Send PM to Blackmore on
 
Beese Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2365
Reply | Quote
Re: Good Quality Video Of Rapture Of The Deep


quote:

KillerBananas wrote:
Btw, I don't think that Steve Morse appears like a turd at all. He just plays guitar on the same level as a turd would've emoticon



A guitar playing turd?? This I would like to see!

I smell a lucrative business opportunity... Tell you what; you squeeze him out I'll put him on the stage!
24/10/2006, 0:57 Link to this post Send Email to Beese   Send PM to Beese
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 9  10  11 





You are not logged in (login)