Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo






runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

 
Witchy Nightmare Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 03-2005
Posts: 3160
Reply | Quote
Re: Rod Evans and RRHOF


quote:

ptr wrote:

IG, RG, SM, DA have nothing to do with DC/GH era in Purple - so there is zero connection between them


There are connections, albeit outside DP.

However, I would have found it cool if David and Glenn would have done some Mk III/IV tune as a two piece if the others wouldn't have wanted to play with them, with Glenn on acoustic guitar for example. They had been induced, so from the HOF's perspective they had every right to perform.
10/9/2019, 16:38 Link to this post Send Email to Witchy Nightmare   Send PM to Witchy Nightmare
 
doggone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1947
Reply | Quote
Re: Rod Evans and RRHOF


Agree with that. I wish they had done that!
10/9/2019, 20:20 Link to this post Send Email to doggone   Send PM to doggone
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6080
Reply | Quote
Re: Rod Evans and RRHOF


quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

Sadly some of the members of Deep Purple past and present have shown themselves to be sadly lacking as human beings especially when it comes to recognising past members.The current lineup especially has shown complete pettiness at times towards certain past members (we all know who i mean emoticon)Sadly they are not alone in this kind of nonsense but there are other bands who will happily ask past members to guest with them at times Uriah Heep being a great example .



You are permanently talking about RB only, despite your statement is actually general - and therefore wrong! They invited and played with Jon few times when they crossed their ways, they invited and played with Joe Satriani. You simply have to keep on mind, that IG, RG, SM, DA have nothing to do with DC/GH era in Purple - so there is zero connection between them, and break-up with Ritchie was everything but friendly. We dont see into their relationship - one thing is communicating by mail or phone, other thing is willingness to share the stage. You still blame Gillan for denying RB for guest performance, but he has the same right to say "No, I do not want to do that" as others may have a right "I have no problem with it". Nothing bad probably happened between Don & Ritchie, nothing bad ever happened between Ritchie & Steve (AFAIK they never met). Wrong things happened between Ritchie & IG, between Ritchie & RG and between Ritchie & IP. It´s about their willingness to play with him - and they have full right to say "no". Ritchie has no entitlement to play with them - it´s up to them, not up to him.




ptr i really didn't expect you to say anything else, your entitled to your opinion and i am entitled to mine ,i knew (and i suspect everyone else on this forum knew) that you would defend the touring band to the hilt.
As far as your assertion that my statement is wrong? then again thats your opinion ,but some of the DP members over the years have been less than gentlemanly in their dealings with past members, even Jon Lord who has always struck me as a really decent bloke was cowardly in his treatment of Nick Simper when MK1 split ,something Jon later admitted to himself.Ian Gillan though is a different character altogether just ask the guys who were in Gillan with him.Blackers over the years has proven himself to be a somewhat ruthless and difficult man but then hes never pretended to be anything else?
11/9/2019, 23:05 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 3148
Reply | Quote
Re: Rod Evans and RRHOF


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

Sadly some of the members of Deep Purple past and present have shown themselves to be sadly lacking as human beings especially when it comes to recognising past members.The current lineup especially has shown complete pettiness at times towards certain past members (we all know who i mean emoticon)Sadly they are not alone in this kind of nonsense but there are other bands who will happily ask past members to guest with them at times Uriah Heep being a great example .



You are permanently talking about RB only, despite your statement is actually general - and therefore wrong! They invited and played with Jon few times when they crossed their ways, they invited and played with Joe Satriani. You simply have to keep on mind, that IG, RG, SM, DA have nothing to do with DC/GH era in Purple - so there is zero connection between them, and break-up with Ritchie was everything but friendly. We dont see into their relationship - one thing is communicating by mail or phone, other thing is willingness to share the stage. You still blame Gillan for denying RB for guest performance, but he has the same right to say "No, I do not want to do that" as others may have a right "I have no problem with it". Nothing bad probably happened between Don & Ritchie, nothing bad ever happened between Ritchie & Steve (AFAIK they never met). Wrong things happened between Ritchie & IG, between Ritchie & RG and between Ritchie & IP. It´s about their willingness to play with him - and they have full right to say "no". Ritchie has no entitlement to play with them - it´s up to them, not up to him.




ptr i really didn't expect you to say anything else, your entitled to your opinion and i am entitled to mine ,i knew (and i suspect everyone else on this forum knew) that you would defend the touring band to the hilt.
As far as your assertion that my statement is wrong? then again thats your opinion ,but some of the DP members over the years have been less than gentlemanly in their dealings with past members, even Jon Lord who has always struck me as a really decent bloke was cowardly in his treatment of Nick Simper when MK1 split ,something Jon later admitted to himself.Ian Gillan though is a different character altogether just ask the guys who were in Gillan with him.Blackers over the years has proven himself to be a somewhat ruthless and difficult man but then hes never pretended to be anything else?




Would you invite someone who sued you to your own family party? Probably not, why do you expect band would be happy to invite someone who made legal action against them to guest with them? I mean - the problem is mainly on RITCHIE´s side - that he is still acting like "enemy" towards present band - which is proven by his legal action in 2013, his very negative statements towards Jon Lord´s Tribute concert and later by his comments about RRHOF (I find it shocking that after those two previous events he expects to be "welcomed" as good buddy of others or what????).

Last edited by ptr, 12/9/2019, 18:10
12/9/2019, 18:07 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
zen2 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 08-2008
Posts: 442
Reply | Quote
Re:


It was a stupid mean maneuver for the HoF to induct, Rod Evans.

MKII is why the HoF had to induct Deep Purple.

From re-building to being one of the most popular bands in the world 1972/73.

Coverdale and Hughes got real lucky being inducted under the DP moniker; because they wouldn't make it in, without DP. I don't think Whitesnake would have ever made it in, nor former drug addict, Glenn Hughes.

Back to Rod, and Nick Simper...just a mean trick by an organization that never really wanted DP inducted.
12/9/2019, 22:53 Link to this post Send Email to zen2   Send PM to zen2
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 6080
Reply | Quote
Re: Rod Evans and RRHOF


quote:

ptr wrote:



Would you invite someone who sued you to your own family party? Probably not, why do you expect band would be happy to invite someone who made legal action against them to guest with them? I mean - the problem is mainly on RITCHIE´s side - that he is still acting like "enemy" towards present band - which is proven by his legal action in 2013, his very negative statements towards Jon Lord´s Tribute concert and later by his comments about RRHOF (I find it shocking that after those two previous events he expects to be "welcomed" as good buddy of others or what????).



Everyone in life has times when they argue and fall out with those closest to them ,be it family or close friends .One of the great things in life though is that if were lucky we get the chance to make amends and forgive and forget.I just think that given their advanced years ,lets face it they dont have many good years left on this planet before old age really takes a grip ,that it would have been nice to see the guys who made the legend perform one last time.David Coverdale seems to have reached that stage in his life where he is reaching out to past bandmates and trying to heal the rifts sadly it seems Gillan never will.Who cares really ?
12/9/2019, 23:20 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
Discotec Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2019
Posts: 23
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

zen2 wrote:

It was a stupid mean maneuver for the HoF to induct, Rod Evans.

MKII is why the HoF had to induct Deep Purple.

From re-building to being one of the most popular bands in the world 1972/73.

Coverdale and Hughes got real lucky being inducted under the DP moniker; because they wouldn't make it in, without DP. I don't think Whitesnake would have ever made it in, nor former drug addict, Glenn Hughes.

Back to Rod, and Nick Simper...just a mean trick by an organization that never really wanted DP inducted.



Mark I songs are being used now for some movie soundtracks. The only wrong thing I see is that Nick Simper should also be inducted.
13/9/2019, 3:04 Link to this post Send Email to Discotec   Send PM to Discotec Blog
 
Discotec Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2019
Posts: 23
Reply | Quote
Re: Rod Evans and RRHOF


We could find someone that sounds like or similar to David Coverdale, JLT, Steve Perry, but its hard to find someone similar or close to IAN GILLAN, if there is someone please tell me. 🤔
13/9/2019, 3:09 Link to this post Send Email to Discotec   Send PM to Discotec Blog
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 700
Reply | Quote
Re: Rod Evans and RRHOF


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:



Would you invite someone who sued you to your own family party? Probably not, why do you expect band would be happy to invite someone who made legal action against them to guest with them? I mean - the problem is mainly on RITCHIE´s side - that he is still acting like "enemy" towards present band - which is proven by his legal action in 2013, his very negative statements towards Jon Lord´s Tribute concert and later by his comments about RRHOF (I find it shocking that after those two previous events he expects to be "welcomed" as good buddy of others or what????).



Everyone in life has times when they argue and fall out with those closest to them ,be it family or close friends .One of the great things in life though is that if were lucky we get the chance to make amends and forgive and forget.I just think that given their advanced years ,lets face it they dont have many good years left on this planet before old age really takes a grip ,that it would have been nice to see the guys who made the legend perform one last time.David Coverdale seems to have reached that stage in his life where he is reaching out to past bandmates and trying to heal the rifts sadly it seems Gillan never will.Who cares really ?



As you go through life you would hope that eventually there is some sort of maturing that happens. My eldest daughter got married and I walked her down the aisle and sat on the top table that included my ex wife. Sometimes you have to think of and do what is best for the occasion, extended family and friends.
IG is well into his 70's but seems unable to move on. It is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it would have been nice for the fans.
Didn't KISS reunite the original line up for the RRHOF presentation after the problems they had in the past?
13/9/2019, 7:44 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
mtb7 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 796
Reply | Quote
Re: Rod Evans and RRHOF


Ptr....ptr....
“Would you invite to your party” - you seem unable to get it. It was the party of 1968-1974 DP, because only members from that time were inducted. So it was the party for those members, which to the best of my knowledge include Ritchie (a member throughout the period), and not Steve or Don. Also, pls note that the only other living member to have been with DP for the entire period was IP. Gillan and Glover, one could argue, were on the same level of Rod, David and Glenn, as each of them was there with just one lineup. So much for that being “their party”.
13/9/2019, 8:18 Link to this post Send Email to mtb7   Send PM to mtb7 Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 





You are not logged in (login)