Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3 ... 7  8  9 

 
BagShotBullets Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2009
Posts: 385
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Returns


quote:

danielb wrote:

Goldy says they're actually losing money on this tour, so there...



Hardly surprising. Usually when you rip people off, they knows it's happening and so they won't spend the additional $$$$ on merchandise etc etc, which might have made the difference between profit and loss. If anyone has read the reviews then they'll already know the Hologram sections of the show are few and cr@pola anyway. It's a stupid, somewhat disrespectful and thoughtless attempt to just scran some more $$$$ out of the fans. Poor show.

So perhaps the moral of the tale is don't try to make $$$$ out of a dead man ( RJD,rip) using a half a$$ed hologram.
9/1/2018, 23:59 Link to this post Send Email to BagShotBullets   Send PM to BagShotBullets
 
mtb7 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 749
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Returns


Thinking about it for a bit more, and seeing what they have done with Star Wars The Last Jedi, I suddenly consider DP, Rainbow and even this hologram thing a lot less controversial;-) Current times are dominated by cheaper copies of old glories to grab some cash to an incredible extent.
10/1/2018, 10:48 Link to this post Send Email to mtb7   Send PM to mtb7 Blog
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5908
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Returns


quote:

BagShotBullets wrote:

quote:

danielb wrote:

Goldy says they're actually losing money on this tour, so there...



Hardly surprising. Usually when you rip people off, they knows it's happening and so they won't spend the additional $$$$ on merchandise etc etc, which might have made the difference between profit and loss. If anyone has read the reviews then they'll already know the Hologram sections of the show are few and cr@pola anyway. It's a stupid, somewhat disrespectful and thoughtless attempt to just scran some more $$$$ out of the fans. Poor show.

So perhaps the moral of the tale is don't try to make $$$$ out of a dead man ( RJD,rip) using a half a$$ed hologram.



Hmm somewhat contradictory from your usual "its all about the money and quite right too" stance that you constantly roll out about musicians dontcha think ? emoticon
10/1/2018, 18:18 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
BagShotBullets Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2009
Posts: 385
Reply | Quote
Re: Dio Returns


quote:

lightintheblack0 wrote:
Hmm somewhat contradictory from your usual "its all about the money and quite right too" stance that you constantly roll out about musicians dontcha think ? emoticon



Well it is as always "all about the money" but this time they perhaps aren't making any. So more fool them, for perhaps tarnishing their reputations, assuming they have reputations, for sake of making a few $$$$ more out of a dead guy(RJD,rip). I personally think there is something intrinsically dishonest about the hologram thing. hen this project was put together, it wasn't "all about the music" or whatever other bull it might be peddled as, it was just a cynical attempt to get few $$$$ more out of a legacy. So if it's backfired, tough! JLT tried it with his ludicrous Over the Rainbow, with a "Blackmore on guitar" rubbish and it also clearly backfired as it's gone. the hologram is just a further development of the same process.

BUT.......
As ever, it's all personal preference. If others feel they get value from a show like that, well that's their choice. I think it's a rip-off.

Otherwise Yes...... It is all about the money and quite right too, they have to making a living just as we all do, but they might have chosen a better way, but each to their own. It's just a bad project I reckon, it's a "tribute act too far" and isn't a "tribute" at all, more like a denigration.
11/1/2018, 15:22 Link to this post Send Email to BagShotBullets   Send PM to BagShotBullets
 
JohnH Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1422
Reply | Quote
Re:


I see the Disciples are playing here in LA during NAMM- no hologram. God this thing is just the worst! I started thinking of it while listening to Rainbow or Sabbath, so I won’t watch it again. I’ll watch vids of the real Dio.
14/1/2018, 10:55 Link to this post Send Email to JohnH   Send PM to JohnH
 
BagShotBullets Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2009
Posts: 385
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

JohnH wrote:

I see the Disciples are playing here in LA during NAMM- no hologram. God this thing is just the worst! I started thinking of it while listening to Rainbow or Sabbath, so I won’t watch it again. I’ll watch vids of the real Dio.



The hologram is simply horrific, a hideous parody the man, I've watched the clips a few times and it's just plain wrong. I can't find a single positive about it from a music lovers perspective.
A cheap shallow shot to get a few more $$$$ from a great legacy.
15/1/2018, 0:00 Link to this post Send Email to BagShotBullets   Send PM to BagShotBullets
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 ... 7  8  9 





You are not logged in (login)