Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4 

 
Witchy Nightmare Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2005
Posts: 2763
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow should be in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame


quote:

Concrete god wrote:

It was not "ridiculous" to turn up. It was in respect of all the fans around the world that wanted to see them there.
Again you are in a minority here..


Why are you so sure that those who wanted to see them there are in a majority? Did you do a world-wide poll? My guess would be that most people simply didn't care.

I would have liked to see them there in case the ceremony had incorporated a certain ex-member.


9/1/2018, 19:00 Link to this post Send Email to Witchy Nightmare   Send PM to Witchy Nightmare
 
Concrete god Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 1927
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow should be in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame


quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

Concrete god wrote:

It was not "ridiculous" to turn up. It was in respect of all the fans around the world that wanted to see them there.
Again you are in a minority here..


Why are you so sure that those who wanted to see them there are in a majority? Did you do a world-wide poll? My guess would be that most people simply didn't care.

I would have liked to see them there in case the ceremony had incorporated a certain ex-member.






I'm very sure about this. Blackmore or not.
9/1/2018, 22:50 Link to this post Send Email to Concrete god   Send PM to Concrete god Blog
 
BagShotBullets Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2009
Posts: 323
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow should be in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame


quote:

Witchy Nightmare wrote:

quote:

Concrete god wrote:

It was not "ridiculous" to turn up. It was in respect of all the fans around the world that wanted to see them there.
Again you are in a minority here..


Why are you so sure that those who wanted to see them there are in a majority? Did you do a world-wide poll? My guess would be that most people simply didn't care.

I would have liked to see them there in case the ceremony had incorporated a certain ex-member.





I don't imagine most people could care less if Deep Purple was "inducted" into a pseudo "institution". It's all just b0ll0cks. Doubtless there must be some people out there who actually believe that RRHOF is actually something special and note worthy etc. I'd guess that's a minority. RRHOF is a museum/exhibition.

As for respect for the fans...........
Don't be silly, these guys are long passed the time when they give a rat sh1t for their fans. They are all due to retire shortly, those that are still alive, so frankly they couldn't care less. It's just a PR stunt which might sell a few more concert tickets or albums or merchandise. That's the extent to which it matters to them. The fans are totally expendable now, much as they have been for decades now. Sure they pay lip service to "the fans", but that's all it is, it's for the feeble minded who think the band does this either "for the music or for the fans or for nostalgia"....... b0ll0cks!

Its simple they do it for the $$$$ and that's THE most important thing, sell their product, it's just business. Quite right too!!
10/1/2018, 0:07 Link to this post Send Email to BagShotBullets   Send PM to BagShotBullets
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 433
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow should be in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame


quote:

Concrete god wrote:

quote:

leelyt wrote:

quote:

BagShotBullets wrote:

Surely this "Rock n Roll Hall of Fame" is just the biggest load of utter drivel ever. Its totally a subjective thing, based on who's opinion exactly ? Nobody of any significance. A bunch of back-slapping nonsense that is beyond totally meaningless to everyone, including those inducted, those watching on and those not included.

Just about EVERY major 60's/70's band should be there as they ALL contributed greatly to the development of the musical genre.

Blackmore did exactly the right thing by sticking two fingers up to this cr@p an saying "no thanks" to attending.

Why does anyone give a rats sh1t who is "inducted" to this pseudo "institution"?

What it the "Rock n Roll Hall of Fame"?

Answer, a fancy museum and exhibition in Cleveland, a tourist attraction with no significance whatsoever, it's totally meaningless in every way. It's only contribution to anything, is tourists income to the local economy.

Inductees are chosen by a few individuals who are not musicians( big surprise!) and are chosen based on how likely they are to draw a crowd to the museum, in short how much cash$$$ can the tourist attraction get from YOU.............. bet that's a surprise.

So Blackmore said "No Thanks" to being a museum exhibit and very sensible he was too.




Agree 100%. I thought it was ridiculous how after years of slagging off the RRHOF that DP turned up to collect their award.




It was not "ridiculous" to turn up. It was in respect of all the fans around the world that wanted to see them there.
Again you are in a minority here..

That R&R HoF is somewhat of a joke is something else.




I doubt the majority of DP fans could care less whether they turned up or not. Maybe I am wrong, who knows?
10/1/2018, 8:59 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
nyfan Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 05-2010
Posts: 643
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow should be in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame


Stop hijacking my thread!

This was all about who you would want to se inducted from Rainbow once they got in - not the legitimacy about the hall itself and has nothing to do with DP - go open your own thread!emoticon

Back to the question - who should get in from Rainbow?
10/1/2018, 10:23 Link to this post Send Email to nyfan   Send PM to nyfan
 
Concrete god Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 1927
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow should be in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame


quote:

leelyt wrote:

quote:

Concrete god wrote:

quote:

leelyt wrote:

quote:

BagShotBullets wrote:

Surely this "Rock n Roll Hall of Fame" is just the biggest load of utter drivel ever. Its totally a subjective thing, based on who's opinion exactly ? Nobody of any significance. A bunch of back-slapping nonsense that is beyond totally meaningless to everyone, including those inducted, those watching on and those not included.

Just about EVERY major 60's/70's band should be there as they ALL contributed greatly to the development of the musical genre.

Blackmore did exactly the right thing by sticking two fingers up to this cr@p an saying "no thanks" to attending.

Why does anyone give a rats sh1t who is "inducted" to this pseudo "institution"?

What it the "Rock n Roll Hall of Fame"?

Answer, a fancy museum and exhibition in Cleveland, a tourist attraction with no significance whatsoever, it's totally meaningless in every way. It's only contribution to anything, is tourists income to the local economy.

Inductees are chosen by a few individuals who are not musicians( big surprise!) and are chosen based on how likely they are to draw a crowd to the museum, in short how much cash$$$ can the tourist attraction get from YOU.............. bet that's a surprise.

So Blackmore said "No Thanks" to being a museum exhibit and very sensible he was too.




Agree 100%. I thought it was ridiculous how after years of slagging off the RRHOF that DP turned up to collect their award.




It was not "ridiculous" to turn up. It was in respect of all the fans around the world that wanted to see them there.
Again you are in a minority here..

That R&R HoF is somewhat of a joke is something else.




I doubt the majority of DP fans could care less whether they turned up or not. Maybe I am wrong, who knows?



Don't know if you follow [sign in to see URL] or not, but some years ago they had a quite big petition about getting dp into the hall.
Many people responded. Also RS did a survey where you could vote for the most "not elected artist". I belive Purple "won" this..
10/1/2018, 13:08 Link to this post Send Email to Concrete god   Send PM to Concrete god Blog
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 433
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow should be in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame


quote:

nyfan wrote:

Stop hijacking my thread!

This was all about who you would want to se inducted from Rainbow once they got in - not the legitimacy about the hall itself and has nothing to do with DP - go open your own thread!emoticon

Back to the question - who should get in from Rainbow?



I would say your original "core" and maybe RG too.
If pushed just the core of RB, RJD and CP.
10/1/2018, 16:28 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
Concrete god Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 1927
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow should be in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame


The Rising lineup and Joe Lynn Turner.
10/1/2018, 16:44 Link to this post Send Email to Concrete god   Send PM to Concrete god Blog
 
BagShotBullets Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2009
Posts: 323
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow should be in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame


quote:

nyfan wrote:

Stop hijacking my thread!

This was all about who you would want to se inducted from Rainbow once they got in - not the legitimacy about the hall itself and has nothing to do with DP - go open your own thread!emoticon

Back to the question - who should get in from Rainbow?



On the basis that you think it's a positive thing for Rainbow to be "inducted" to a totally fake "institution" thats entirely irrelevant to anything other the the local Cleveland tourist economy..............

I'd say none of them should be inducted at all, it's all nonsense.

If they are "inducted" BLackmore wont show up for it anyway, why would he.... so it's just a pointless quesions.

Might as well ask what colour Blackmore's sock were at some gig he played on 10th March 1986......
it would be as meanngful and interesting!

This ranks with the topics like
"What if ,...... Ozzy Osbourne Played in Rainbow"
or
"What Rainbow Tracks should be on whatever Album"

Pointless basically and somewhat vacuous.

A more productive discussion topic might be

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE RRHOF ?
10/1/2018, 16:58 Link to this post Send Email to BagShotBullets   Send PM to BagShotBullets
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 433
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow should be in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame


quote:

Concrete god wrote:

quote:

leelyt wrote:

quote:

Concrete god wrote:

quote:

leelyt wrote:

quote:

BagShotBullets wrote:

Surely this "Rock n Roll Hall of Fame" is just the biggest load of utter drivel ever. Its totally a subjective thing, based on who's opinion exactly ? Nobody of any significance. A bunch of back-slapping nonsense that is beyond totally meaningless to everyone, including those inducted, those watching on and those not included.

Just about EVERY major 60's/70's band should be there as they ALL contributed greatly to the development of the musical genre.

Blackmore did exactly the right thing by sticking two fingers up to this cr@p an saying "no thanks" to attending.

Why does anyone give a rats sh1t who is "inducted" to this pseudo "institution"?

What it the "Rock n Roll Hall of Fame"?

Answer, a fancy museum and exhibition in Cleveland, a tourist attraction with no significance whatsoever, it's totally meaningless in every way. It's only contribution to anything, is tourists income to the local economy.

Inductees are chosen by a few individuals who are not musicians( big surprise!) and are chosen based on how likely they are to draw a crowd to the museum, in short how much cash$$$ can the tourist attraction get from YOU.............. bet that's a surprise.

So Blackmore said "No Thanks" to being a museum exhibit and very sensible he was too.




Agree 100%. I thought it was ridiculous how after years of slagging off the RRHOF that DP turned up to collect their award.




It was not "ridiculous" to turn up. It was in respect of all the fans around the world that wanted to see them there.
Again you are in a minority here..

That R&R HoF is somewhat of a joke is something else.




I doubt the majority of DP fans could care less whether they turned up or not. Maybe I am wrong, who knows?



Don't know if you follow [sign in to see URL] or not, but some years ago they had a quite big petition about getting dp into the hall.
Many people responded. Also RS did a survey where you could vote for the most "not elected artist". I belive Purple "won" this..



Rarely look on THS and I too have seen many polls where DP were a favourite band to be inducted. I still don't see how this proves the majority of DP fans think it is a positive thing, but of course I have no way of knowing.


10/1/2018, 19:08 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4 





You are not logged in (login)