Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2 

 
boogaloo Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 834
Reply | Quote
Re:


If FaM was the last album Blackmore [sign in to see URL] solo on Fires at Midnight was his last electric playing then what an exit that would have been.
  Actually love the second side of FaM after the title track - fantastic. Crowning of the King and Benzai ten are the only skippers I think.

---
thinking out of line just to make the sun shine
26/8/2017, 19:33 Link to this post Send Email to boogaloo   Send PM to boogaloo
 
dodoa64 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2006
Posts: 205
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow releasing an album and touring North America


Hi

LITB and BSOB

Ritchie has major dollar reasons for playing on - and sometimes very well.
Proper Rainbow and especially Purple would be a year playing before a gig. Otherwise the old looks from RB 'go on sing CIT' to Gillan could be 'go on RB play'.
Ideal scenario - DP -classic goes out with a bang.
realistic? No
Rainbow - if album is drum machine - NO!!!!!!
27/8/2017, 1:54 Link to this post Send Email to dodoa64   Send PM to dodoa64
 
Concrete god Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 1835
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow releasing an album and touring North America


quote:

BagShotBullets wrote:

quote:

Concrete god wrote:

It's good they tour North America.

About a new album with this lineup I don't know.



Happy to see them live but don't want them to make a new Album.............. that's logical!




Logical or not.. I just said it's good if american fans will have a chance too see them. And Japanese too, of course.

A new album might be great and it also might not. Why risk going out with something less than the great SIUA album and with yet another lineup..?

Logical enough for you..?
27/8/2017, 8:33 Link to this post Send Email to Concrete god   Send PM to Concrete god Blog
 
lightintheblack0 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 07-2006
Posts: 5745
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow releasing an album and touring North America


quote:

dodoa64 wrote:

Hi

LITB and BSOB

Ritchie has major dollar reasons for playing on - and sometimes very well.
Proper Rainbow and especially Purple would be a year playing before a gig. Otherwise the old looks from RB 'go on sing CIT' to Gillan could be 'go on RB play'.
Ideal scenario - DP -classic goes out with a bang.
realistic? No
Rainbow - if album is drum machine - NO!!!!!!




never said he shouldn't carry on playing? just that i personally am not really interested if he does or not, as he has nothing exciting to offer anymore IMHO.
Same goes for current DP
27/8/2017, 9:50 Link to this post Send Email to lightintheblack0   Send PM to lightintheblack0 Blog
 
lynxwizard1 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 02-2014
Posts: 58
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow releasing an album and touring North America


Where is the source for this that he is going to play in the USA ?
1/9/2017, 13:13 Link to this post Send Email to lynxwizard1   Send PM to lynxwizard1 Blog
 
Early Eighties fan Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 11-2015
Posts: 178
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow releasing an album and touring North America


quote:

lynxwizard1 wrote:

Where is the source for this that he is going to play in the USA ?



He plays in the USA every time he has a strum in his living room.

3/9/2017, 13:10 Link to this post Send Email to Early Eighties fan   Send PM to Early Eighties fan Blog
 
SixtyNine Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2005
Posts: 1731
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow releasing an album and touring North America


It seems Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow will hit Japan next year and I think it's great news. Japanese fans have been so supportive through all the years. They surely deserve to see Rainbow one more time. I think the same goes for American audience, and I have a feeling that's the logic behind a decision to continue the 2016 endeavour. It's a way for Ritchie to say 'thank you' and - probably - 'farewell'. It's his final bow as a Fender maestro, althou not in his prime anymore BUT the unique sound is there. Is it worth taking this whole project to another level with a new LP? I don't think so. I'd rather he left it as it is with SIUA as his final rock record. Why bother really? It's a totally different market today and even if the album wouldn't be as bad as many of us think, would it sell? Is it worth bothering to satisfy a number of hardcore fans? And since hardcore fans might be most critical about the album, who will such an album be for? A small number of people who don't mind poor musicianship and low recording quality only if it's Ritchie playing the guitar? I wonder, what sense does it make to write, arrange, record, mix and distribute new Rainbow LP?
11/9/2017, 11:36 Link to this post Send Email to SixtyNine   Send PM to SixtyNine
 
Concrete god Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2013
Posts: 1835
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow releasing an album and touring North America


quote:

SixtyNine wrote:

It seems Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow will hit Japan next year and I think it's great news. Japanese fans have been so supportive through all the years. They surely deserve to see Rainbow one more time. I think the same goes for American audience, and I have a feeling that's the logic behind a decision to continue the 2016 endeavour. It's a way for Ritchie to say 'thank you' and - probably - 'farewell'. It's his final bow as a Fender maestro, althou not in his prime anymore BUT the unique sound is there. Is it worth taking this whole project to another level with a new LP? I don't think so. I'd rather he left it as it is with SIUA as his final rock record. Why bother really? It's a totally different market today and even if the album wouldn't be as bad as many of us think, would it sell? Is it worth bothering to satisfy a number of hardcore fans? And since hardcore fans might be most critical about the album, who will such an album be for? A small number of people who don't mind poor musicianship and low recording quality only if it's Ritchie playing the guitar? I wonder, what sense does it make to write, arrange, record, mix and distribute new Rainbow LP?




Agree!
11/9/2017, 12:13 Link to this post Send Email to Concrete god   Send PM to Concrete god Blog
 
Witchy Nightmare Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 03-2005
Posts: 2684
Reply | Quote
Re:


If he does a new album, I'll certainly take a listen. But if it's on the same nonsense level like that Land Of Hope And Glory / I Surrender thing, I won't spend any money on it.
11/9/2017, 12:27 Link to this post Send Email to Witchy Nightmare   Send PM to Witchy Nightmare
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 288
Reply | Quote
Re: Rainbow releasing an album and touring North America


quote:

SixtyNine wrote:

It seems Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow will hit Japan next year and I think it's great news. Japanese fans have been so supportive through all the years. They surely deserve to see Rainbow one more time. I think the same goes for American audience, and I have a feeling that's the logic behind a decision to continue the 2016 endeavour. It's a way for Ritchie to say 'thank you' and - probably - 'farewell'. It's his final bow as a Fender maestro, althou not in his prime anymore BUT the unique sound is there. Is it worth taking this whole project to another level with a new LP? I don't think so. I'd rather he left it as it is with SIUA as his final rock record. Why bother really? It's a totally different market today and even if the album wouldn't be as bad as many of us think, would it sell? Is it worth bothering to satisfy a number of hardcore fans? And since hardcore fans might be most critical about the album, who will such an album be for? A small number of people who don't mind poor musicianship and low recording quality only if it's Ritchie playing the guitar? I wonder, what sense does it make to write, arrange, record, mix and distribute new Rainbow LP?




Sounds about right to me. Let's be honest, RB can't even be bothered to spend time on a BN album, and he is far more invested in that than Rainbow.
Best to leave SIUA as the final album.
12/9/2017, 6:01 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 


Reply

Page:  1  2 





You are not logged in (login)