Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3 

 
Apolllo Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2005
Posts: 999
Reply | Quote
Re: perhaps way too early, but, any filming for a live dvd?


quote:

MerlinKing wrote:

Amsterdam and Parijs were filmed



I was in Amsterdam and it was not professionally filmed, nothing more than other shows, just one guy between the audiance and the stage, plus the usual automatic cameras, so nothing to make an official live release. And anyway, Amsterdam was good but not outstanding. From the five shows I've seen on this tour, three were better IMO...
10/9/2017, 7:07 Link to this post Send Email to Apolllo   Send PM to Apolllo
 
eiricd Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2003
Posts: 793
Reply | Quote
Re: perhaps way too early, but, any filming for a live dvd?


quote:

Apolllo wrote:

quote:

MerlinKing wrote:

Amsterdam and Parijs were filmed



I was in Amsterdam and it was not professionally filmed, nothing more than other shows, just one guy between the audiance and the stage, plus the usual automatic cameras, so nothing to make an official live release. And anyway, Amsterdam was good but not outstanding. From the five shows I've seen on this tour, three were better IMO...



thanks for the update
10/9/2017, 10:46 Link to this post Send Email to eiricd   Send PM to eiricd
 
eiricd Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2003
Posts: 793
Reply | Quote
Re:


bumping this...

were any of the European / UK gigs filmed properly?
Would be awesome to have a release with 5 new songs in the set list!!!!
9/12/2017, 17:59 Link to this post Send Email to eiricd   Send PM to eiricd
 
ptr Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 2973
Reply | Quote
Re:


I hope they will film Verona gig next year... you wont find better place for it.
9/12/2017, 20:41 Link to this post Send Email to ptr   Send PM to ptr
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 478
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

ptr wrote:

I hope they will film Verona gig next year... you wont find better place for it.



Beautiful venue but they have already released a dvd from this same place. Surely another from the same place is unlikely?

9/12/2017, 21:54 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
eiricd Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2003
Posts: 793
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

leelyt wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

I hope they will film Verona gig next year... you wont find better place for it.



Beautiful venue but they have already released a dvd from this same place. Surely another from the same place is unlikely?




Montreux 1996
Montreux 2006
Montreux 2011

emoticon
9/12/2017, 22:19 Link to this post Send Email to eiricd   Send PM to eiricd
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 478
Reply | Quote
Re: Re:


quote:

eiricd wrote:

quote:

leelyt wrote:

quote:

ptr wrote:

I hope they will film Verona gig next year... you wont find better place for it.



Beautiful venue but they have already released a dvd from this same place. Surely another from the same place is unlikely?




Montreux 1996
Montreux 2006
Montreux 2011

emoticon



 emoticon
10/12/2017, 7:19 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
Durple Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 09-2003
Posts: 1265
Reply | Quote
posticon Re: perhaps way too early, but, any filming for a live dvd?


In Montreux all the shows got filmed anyway, so you can release live shows without much effort…
10/12/2017, 10:41 Link to this post Send Email to Durple   Send PM to Durple
 
leelyt Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 04-2017
Posts: 478
Reply | Quote
Re:


The only DP dvd I have is in the Perfect Strangers Live vinyl/cd/dvd collection, I have never watched it after seeing it on TV. Only ever play the vinyl as the cd has Jon Lord mixed too low.
Very rarely watch concert dvd's, much rather just listen.
10/12/2017, 11:49 Link to this post Send Email to leelyt   Send PM to leelyt Blog
 
eiricd Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Purple fan
Global user

Registered: 10-2003
Posts: 793
Reply | Quote
Re:


I prefer blu rays. I rarely sit and watch the whole thing from start to finish, but I put it on and treat it like a cd / vinyl, but with the added bonus of visuals when I walk past the tv emoticon
I sometimes turn off the tv as well, but the fidelity of a blu ray sond track is often the best option imo
10/12/2017, 14:05 Link to this post Send Email to eiricd   Send PM to eiricd
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3 





You are not logged in (login)